No more gun purchases!

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

No more gun purchases!

Post by rjohns94 »

So I have finally reached the end. With the receipt of my Chas Lancaster rifled 12 bore SXS, and the shipment of my custom Bowen OM ruger , rebored in .44 special, I'm done purchasing firearms. I am completely satisfied with my black powder, shotguns, hunting rifles, CCW, woods walking, 22's, and suppressed firearms, as well as pellet rifle. I have no wishes or desires in the gun department! All future gun purchase money will be funded to complete the necessities for my 30 foot sport fishing boat, a skiff craft, "VICTORY CHIMES", I purchased from Victor. It's my hope to have this boat serve wounded warriors, first responders, and inner city troubled youth, getting them on the water for harbor tours, fishing excursions or just some cruising. It will be the focus of my 501c3 work once approved. I want to finish the handicap access and safety features, install new batteries, modify the electrics, install outriggers and the rocket launchers and finish some trim items. A new dingy and swim ladder installation will finish this years mods. Hoping to have it completed for trophy striper season on the Chesapeake next spring. I will be selling a few firearms that aren't staying in the collection to jump start the work. My winters work is set before me.

Perhaps we should have a levergunners sport fishing weekend?! I have a 6 pack license in progress and will offer fishing excursions on the bay and off shore during different seasons, basically following the migration patterns off the mid-Atlantic. A new chapter in my life but one I'm excited about. Is a long time dream about ready to come true.
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
pshort
Levergunner 3.0

Re: No more gun purchases!

Post by pshort »

Good one, Mike............... I almost, sorta, kind of, not really believe ya !!!!!!

Paul
"Pain plants the flag of reality in the
fortress of a rebel soul"
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

Um... No.

Well... OK. I hereby categorically refuse to purchace a firearm under the BATFE/Fed.Gov mandates demanding a 4473.

Happy?

In the meanwhile, I will continue to excercise my 2nd Am RKBA by buying and selling whatever I darn well please.

Don't like it? GET A WARRANT and prove that I have Malum in Se... and even then...

Molon Labe.

I leave you alone, why won't you leave ME alone?

I yeild the "argument" to Gruppe Fhurer Bateman.
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

We will understand if you change your mind.....after all, what if you need to arm your craft against Somali Pirates??...
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

BlaineG wrote:We will understand if you change your mind.....after all, what if you need to arm your craft against Somali Pirates??...
Dang... there you go, convounding me with Logic...

But wait! I have a Letter of Marque... which allows me to arm my Q Ship however I desire!

All is good. My SeaWiz is in the Post as we speak... :twisted:
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
bdhold

Post by bdhold »

is this a twelve step program?
Canuck Bob
Senior Levergunner

Post by Canuck Bob »

Hi, my name is Bob, …, sorry wrong club.

Well I hate fishing so that option is out. You did bring back memories of the promise I made prior to buying my last 2 guns. Good luck.
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

Am glad you got the weapons that make you happy bro!

If things change and changes are in order that is cool too.

You got some fine stuff! Continue hunting,fishing,shooting, and everything else in life that makes you happy.

Good Job on you! :wink:
KirkD
Desktop Artiste

Post by KirkD »

rjohns94 wrote:... I'm done purchasing firearms ...
I said that about 3 years ago, right on this forum. Of the five vintage Winchesters hanging on my office wall right now, every one of them was purchased since then. :oops:
Kirk: An old geezer who loves the smell of freshly turned earth, old cedar rail fences, wood smoke, a crackling fireplace on a snowy evening, pristine wilderness lakes, the scent of
cedars and a magnificent Whitetail buck framed in the semi-buckhorn sights of a 120-year old Winchester.
Blog: https://www.kirkdurston.com/
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

KirkD wrote:
I said that about 3 years ago, right on this forum. Of the five vintage Winchesters hanging on my office wall right now, every one of them was purchased since then. :oops:
Sorta like me... I just wanted ONE AR... now I have FOUR!!!! Never, ever, say "never".
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Griff wrote:
KirkD wrote:
Sorta like me... I just wanted ONE AR... now I have FOUR!!!! Never, ever, say "never".
:lol: When I got laid off in July '12, I was sure I was doomed to no more toys.....Well, the Sharps followed shortly, and multitudes of other cool toys, Vans, Jeeps....where there is a desire,(and a nicely recovering stock market) there is a way....
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Griff wrote:
KirkD wrote:
Something will find its way into your view to change your mind. It always does!
GonnePhishin
Senior Levergunner

Post by GonnePhishin »

Yeah, yeah, sure Mike :lol: Never say never.......
"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." - Thomas Jefferson

"I know not what course other men may take, but as for me, Give me Liberty or Give me Death!" - Patrick Henry
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

Hear you guys but I think I have a more beneficial plan for my resources in serving others with the 501c3 then I do serving my love of guns. I appreciate the enablement. Lol.
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
1894c

Post by 1894c »

how many times have we heard..."I ain't buying anymore--totally, completely, utterly satisfied"...I like the attempt at will power and the resolve to stay the course...we'll see... :)
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

The way I take Mike's comment is right now at this time Mike is satisfied with what he has as a weapons stash.
He has everything he currently wants and expects he needs to be used.

Reading his post though it is not directly said, in the future if his desires change to what he considers he will need be it for some type of hunting situation, personal protection situation, or just feel good factor I think then he will reconsider things at that time.

To just say I am done with any new guns forever, without him knowing what the future holds would be foolish and Mike is not a foolish man. Doing the Lord's work as he does is a great thing and he should be commended and he will when he reaches the pearly gates and also here on earth by whatever means God seems fit.

Again I come away with his post as "at this time the way he views things for his needs he is good to go"
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

I'd like to (in a perfect world) sell everything and replace them with 1/3 as many that were 3 times as nice. I have four or five 'pretty darned accurate' rifles, but don't have one 'hits the same hole every time' one. I have a half-dozen decent CCW handguns, but don't own that (perhaps mythical) perfect one that does everything right. Of course most failures are proximal to the trigger, so perhaps I just need a new me... :D
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Malamute
Member Emeritus

Post by Malamute »

BlaineG wrote:We will understand if you change your mind.....after all, what if you need to arm your craft against Somali Pirates??...
That's what the rocket launchers are for. :D
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat." -Theodore Roosevelt-

Isnt it amazing how many people post without reading the thread?
cshold
Advanced Levergunner

Post by cshold »

With what's potentially coming down the Pike, Mike may very well
have a good idea here. A well stocked boat and some good fishing
gear has some serious survival potential. :idea:
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

Myself, I ain't going nowhere. If danger comes a knockin
I will defend my family,I will defend my home.
I will do whatever needs doing to accomplish that task.
If by doing so has a bad result on myself,my family,my land well then that's the end of the book!
I will do so feeling at least satisfied "we gave it a go" :wink:

Ain't running from nothing for sh## :twisted:
cshold
Advanced Levergunner

Post by cshold »

I agree madman.
But unfortunately oppression doesn't usually come blasting all at once
through our front doors.
I'm thinking having more than one contingency plan may not be a bad idea.
Plus island hopping in a nice cabin cruiser in the Caribbean might be fun
at least for a little while anyway. 8)
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

rjohns94 wrote:So I have finally reached the end... I'm done purchasing firearms.
Well... You need to understand the repercussions of your decision.

We won't be asking you to turn in your "Man Card", but we will be forced to put a reduced withdrawal limit on the balance of your testosterone account.

Sorry.

:wink:

:lol:
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.