Custom Marlin rifles

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
BigSky56
Advanced Levergunner

Custom Marlin rifles

Post by BigSky56 »

Found this outfit advertized in rifle magazine, they have some nice rifles and prices too. danny
http://www.grizzlycustom.com/index.html
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Custom Marlin rifles

Post by rjohns94 »

Nice, love the .22's
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
BrentD

Post by BrentD »

Interesting things people will do to a rifle. But I was expecting something more like this

I may never forgive myself for letting this one get away.
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

Thanks Big Sky,
Got a bite on biological mothers house, I can see an 1894 in .357/.44 Bain&Davis in the future.
BigSky56
Advanced Levergunner

Post by BigSky56 »

Brent what model & caliber looks old. danny
BrentD

Post by BrentD »

It is a 95 in .45-70 I think. It is from about 1913 or a little later maybe.
BrentD

Post by BrentD »

actually, the more I look at it, the more I think it has to be a 94. There is no screw for the trigger bar between the trigger and the front of receive on the left side. Both 93s and 95s have such a screw but 94s do not. I was looking for a 94 a while back, but I can't recall exactly what this was now.

The engraving comes directly from a painting by Robert Bruce Horsfall, 1911. It was published later in National Geographic in 1916.
BigSky56
Advanced Levergunner

Post by BigSky56 »

I lean towards winchester & savage myself am working on a 94 havent decided on the configuration 94 or 64 have all the parts for 64 including a 64 24" bbl in 30 cal will make it a hunters gun. danny
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Those forends are nice, but I'd like one that just has a short section of rail up front underneath, without the side-rails. Definitely nice to have something that ventilates the magazine tube area; I hate having to take off the wooden forend (and put it back) after a day out getting drizzled on. Might make a good addition to one of my 'Night Scouts' though... :wink:
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

BrentD wrote:actually, the more I look at it, the more I think it has to be a 94. There is no screw for the trigger bar between the trigger and the front of receive on the left side. Both 93s and 95s have such a screw but 94s do not. I was looking for a 94 a while back, but I can't recall exactly what this was now.

The engraving comes directly from a painting by Robert Bruce Horsfall, 1911. It was published later in National Geographic in 1916.
The first couple years they made the 1895 it didn't have the screw you mention . I had a pair that were made in 1896 that didn't have the screw.
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
airedaleman
Levergunner 3.0

Post by airedaleman »

BrentD wrote:actually, the more I look at it, the more I think it has to be a 94. There is no screw for the trigger bar between the trigger and the front of receive on the left side. Both 93s and 95s have such a screw but 94s do not. I was looking for a 94 a while back, but I can't recall exactly what this was now.

It's a 1895. The 1894's lever pivots directly at the end of the bow.
Riamh Nar Dhruid O Spairn Lann
- motto on the Irish Regiments' flags