Anybody ever sell parts to Numrich?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
El Chivo
Advanced Levergunner

Anybody ever sell parts to Numrich?

Post by El Chivo »

I see where Numrich has a program to buy parts. You send them the parts, and they send you a check. Anybody done this?
"I'll tell you what living is. You get up when you feel like it. You fry yourself some eggs. You see what kind of a day it is."
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Anybody ever sell parts to Numrich?

Post by Mescalero »

Yes, once.
I was not happy with the amount they sent.
cas
Senior Levergunner

Post by cas »

Back in 1993 I had an Iver Johnson TP22 pistol that the frame cracked on. I sent them the slide, magazine, grips and all the internals.

They sent me a check for $14 :roll:

Pre-Ebay-Gunbroker etc etc, it was that or throw them in the trash.
Slow is just slow.
Old No7
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Old No7 »

I have done that several times...

I think you might do better if you have one or a few larger, more rare/hard-to-find parts to sell. But if, like me, you had a bunch of smaller miscellaneous parts sitting around collecting dust, then sending them all out in bulk and getting 1 check back, was a whole lot easier than parting each one out and trying to sell it on FleaBay or some other site. I made out OK on my deals.

It's a judgment call; but you could always try the auction sites first, although it does take more effort on your part.

To me, it was like "free money", although as Mescalero said, you don't get top dollar or retail $$ sent back to you... Think of it as though you're sending the parts off to Rick at Pawn Stars and he has to have them all sorted and graded, and then listed and sold as individual parts... :wink:

Good luck.

Old No7
"Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH
tman
Advanced Levergunner

Post by tman »

A reasonable return. Didn't expect top dollar and didn't overvalue what i sent them. They need to make something on the resale.