A good sign perhaps

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
92&94
Senior Levergunner

A good sign perhaps

Post by 92&94 »

I was at the range last week and a guy was going around trying to sell .22lr :lol: I guess the "customers" are no longer coming to him to be screwed

Maybe in another month or so, the scalpers will quit haunting the Walmarts and Big 5 :mrgreen:
pshort
Levergunner 3.0

Re: A good sign perhaps

Post by pshort »

Howdy,
At the local Wally world, there is (was) some Federal lightning in stock.. I think it was 2.47/box.
I didn't get any 'cause I didn't need any. First time I'd actually seen any there for several months..

Paul
"Pain plants the flag of reality in the
fortress of a rebel soul"
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

92&94,
What range was that?
Sounds like good news, maybe he figgers he better peddle it before he loses his shirt on the scalping game.
I would love to see those guys get stuck with a bunch of overpriced inventory.
harry
Senior Levergunner

Post by harry »

I see where they are "asking" 29.99 for a box of 50 stingers,
Trump 2024

All responses have been cleared by the law firm of "Elmer and Fudd."
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

A 32-20 and a reloader is the best answer for high price .22 ammo.
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

Good reason for a Handi Rifle in .22Hornet.
Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Tycer »

I've recently seen several signs around offering .22 for sale.
Kind regards,
Tycer
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - https://peakprosperity.com/ - http://www.guntalk.com
92&94
Senior Levergunner

Post by 92&94 »

That's the range just west of Las Cruces, at the Corralitos road exit. I like to stop there and break up the long drive over to AZ, shoot shotgun hulls left on the ground with a .22

Just my kind of range, free, unsupervised, yet with lots of bays and target frames. Several places there to shoot 400+ yards.

That guy was amazed that I was shooting Blazers, he remarked that he hadn't seen those in a year. I didn't tell him it was my last brick of them! :mrgreen: He was a nice enough seeming guy though, didn't get defensive and weird when I didn't want his stuff.
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

I can handle it as long as they don't get abrasive.
Thats cool, as I take it means it is loosening up locally.
I still have to stop at that place and check it out, maybe this trip.
harry
Senior Levergunner

Post by harry »

Today I'm loading 17 Ackley Hornet which is quite an improvement over the 17 HMR and at almost half the cost, I also load the 223 down to 2200+ fps with a 34 gr bullet and about 9gr of Unique in place of my 22 mag.
Last edited by harry on Thu Dec 26, 2013 9:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Trump 2024

Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

Harry,
Do you cast that bullet or do you purchase it?
Is so, where?
harry
Senior Levergunner

Post by harry »

Mescalero wrote:Harry,
Do you cast that bullet or do you purchase it?
Is so, where?

Mescalero this is the bullet:http://www.midwayusa.com/product/472742 ... box-of-100

I bought 2000 of these about 5 years ago as blemished bullets (they had tarnished), I paid 125 for the 2000. I sent Blaine a 100 or so for his bee a couple of years ago, I be he still has them. :lol:
Trump 2024

Ji in Hawaii
Senior Levergunner

Post by Ji in Hawaii »

The ammo I currently have most of is 38 Special, and I own 2 rifles and a pistol chambered for it so I'm good for plinking or small game (if they had any here). I also have a .360 round ball mould and dies so saving the brass for "cat sneeze" rounds. I'm pretty set except need more Bullseye powder.
Illegitimus Non Carborundum
Akā, ʻo ka poʻe hilinaʻi aku iā Iēhova, e ulu hou nō ko lākou ikaika;
E piʻi ʻēheu aku nō lākou i luna, e like me nā ʻaito;
E holo nō lākou, ʻaʻole hoʻi e māloʻeloʻe,
E hele mua nō lākou, ʻaʻole hoʻi e maʻule.
`Isaia 40:31
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

Thanks Harry,
If Blaine still has them, I am going to chew his como sey llama!
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

From the horse's mouth.......Barring any unforeseen circumstances, the world of guns and related items like reloading supplies are going to take a hit after the first of the year. Supplies will be high and prices are going to drop. In areas that have been hard hit from the hoarding will be last to see the results as it will take a while to restock shelves and satisfy people who honestly need this stuff.

Places like where I live, where everything has always been pretty much OK, will see a glut very soon.

Colt AR 6920's which were 1195 a couple of years ago and skyrocketed to over 2 g's will soon be available for dealer cost which is about a g.

I am already seeing Bushmaster AR's for 8

My son bought a 9mm AR last week in Colorado for $400....new, but in pieces in a box. It took a whole 30 minutes to put it together. :D -------6

People are broke, have too much already, and their wives are screaming at them, asking where this huge profit is that's never going to come.
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

Six,
I am going to quote so be tolerant;
You have your finger on the pulse of things just below the surface.
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

A few weeks ago Jr and I went hunting at his lease. After a day of hunting we went to a Wal Mart in Eufala, AL. Their shelves were fully stocked with every kind of centerfire ammo they usually carry. Had bulk paks of .223, .45 acp, and 9mm. The only thing they didn't have was .22 LR.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

I have been saying what six just said for the last 8 months. Especially the part about the significant others in their lives....grousing about it. Prices will be on the way down for loaded ammo but I still haven't seen any UNIQUE in a while. Tom
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
GoatGuy
Senior Levergunner

Post by GoatGuy »

Sixgun wrote:From the horse's mouth.......Barring any unforeseen circumstances, the world of guns and related items like reloading supplies are going to take a hit after the first of the year. Supplies will be high and prices are going to drop. In areas that have been hard hit from the hoarding will be last to see the results as it will take a while to restock shelves and satisfy people who honestly need this stuff..... :D -------6
I hope this report from the Washington Examiner http://washingtonexaminer.com/be-prepar ... le/2541205 doesn't play in a negative manner to Sixgun's good news. Food for thought, however! Forewarned is forearmed.
"If a man does away with his traditional way of living and throws away his good customs, he had better first make certain that he has something of value to replace them." - Basuto proverb.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Goat guy,
Yea, I saw that on Fox News tonight. Pretty interesting as that cat says everything is leading to a "perfect storm" for a financial collapse. Most individuals don't heed those headlines, besides, even if they did, the average guy is broke and maxed on the plastic.

It going to be very interesting in 2014. :D -----6
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

I'm flying to the Altoona area tommorrow to a new distributer I found who has a fair amount of stuff !

I'll pick up maybe $3,000 worth of stuff for two shops in our area . Great thing about this new place they set aside what I order when I ask for it and keep it until I can get to them !

Also 45-60 minutes up by private prop plane and about 60-70 minutes back . That beats the h...e...l...l out of driving almost 4 hours to Lebanon PA up and another 4 back . And me being the speed demon I am risking a ticket !

One of the shops I buy for is a stocking dealer and the other just buys for good customers when I make a run . This time another customer who owns the plane wanted a good bit and suggested we could fly up to this place every two to three months . WORKS FOR ME ! As the shipping divided three ways is $50-60 each .
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !