OT; Youtube account sign in changed?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Centennial
Levergunner 2.0

OT; Youtube account sign in changed?

Post by Centennial »

How come I can no longer sign in with my old user name?
:?:
Last week I could. Now it asks for email and I cannot access my old user name account.
The page for sign in reads:
"One account. All of Google.
Sign in to continue to YouTube"
When I follow those directions it comes up like a new account with no history of my years old one.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Re: OT; Youtube account sign in changed?

Post by AJMD429 »

I'm so un-internet-savvy that I had no idea you could get YouTube accounts... :oops:

Hopefully someone who knows about this will answer shortly...!
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Centennial
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Centennial »

There is all kinds of things to like there. How to's on gunsmithing, all kinds of music, all kinds of guns, history, horses, hunting, aviation, just about anything in the world.
cas
Senior Levergunner

Post by cas »

"One account" to help connect all the dots. To help make all the information they're been collecting easier to collate. Google does it for marketing purposes.... of course Google freely cooperates with the NSA. I've long wondered if the NSA was where Google got/gets a lot of its funding early on.
Slow is just slow.
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

cas wrote:"One account" to help connect all the dots. To help make all the information they're been collecting easier to collate. Google does it for marketing purposes.... of course Google freely cooperates with the NSA. I've long wondered if the NSA was where Google got/gets a lot of its funding early on.
Bingo.

All search engine companies and all major telecommunications companies bend over for the NSA to enter as they please under threat of legislative penalty and license forfeiture, (aka coersion, blackmail, strong-arming, terroristic threats from government).

The primary lever is that communications and wiretap laws have been deliberately left to gather dust in the march of technology, and the only laws that change are those aimed at preventing persons and private enities from invading privacy, but not those barring government from the same activities. As an example, it's illegal for a private person to 'stalk' another person, but a police department or government agancy can do it without warrant and without penalty. The only government employees punished are those who pizz off the good old boys by crossing the thin blue line. Whistleblowers.

It's probable that more warrants are required to open a single mailbox and steam open an envelope than are required to collect metadata from the email of every American household connected to the internet, because there are clear laws written to that end.

The federal government knows this. Specifically the congress and executive know it, and they cooperate to ensure that there are no effective laws to protect civilian communications privacy from government snoops.

:idea:
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
Rifleman
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Rifleman »

Centennial wrote:"One account. All of Google.
Sign in to continue to YouTube"
I had to get a Google account to link to my YouTube channel.

I don't know what directions you had followed, but get the Google/Gmail account then try to link it to your YouTube account.

What is your long time YouTube channel name?
Centennial
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Centennial »

I don't have a channel, I had account name of "WildBills44", where I kept track of music, guns & stuff.
Now that google stepped in it just wants email addies and doesn't recognize the old account or name. But a search shows it was there.
perry owens
Levergunner 3.0

Post by perry owens »

Google changed the name of my YouTube channel from perryowens1 to Mike Moore - my real name. Now when you search for "Mike Moore channel" on You Tube you get 618000 results, most of them featuring that fat bloke from Flint, Michigan.

Perry Owens
"Always carry a firearm east of Aldgate Watson."
cas
Senior Levergunner

Post by cas »

YouTube has never been very good for searching. A stacked deck. I used to have a video up with a very distinct, fairly unusual title. From what I could tell there were no other videos on YouTube with that name. (Or even similar) But when you would search for it, exactly, word for word, letter for letter, it would come up 4 or 5 pages in on the results. ??? If I'm asking for something called "1-2-3" , why would you think something called "1-2-3" was the 50th best possible choice? :roll:

Like if you went in a store and asked for some 30-06 ammo and they said "You want 223? No? 7mm mag? No? 22lr? No? Fishing lures? No? Tennis balls? No? 38 special? No? Shoe laces? No? 243win? No?Okay, How about 30-06? :lol:
Slow is just slow.