My New EDC...

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
cshold
Advanced Levergunner

My New EDC...

Post by cshold »

Just picked this one up this morning.
These new second generation Ruger LCP 380's are supposed to be the cats meow.

7.62 Precision
Senior Levergunner

Re: My New EDC...

Post by 7.62 Precision »

Haven't shot one yet, but heard great things. How do you plan to carry it?
cshold
Advanced Levergunner

Post by cshold »

7.62 Precision wrote:Haven't shot one yet, but heard great things. How do you plan to carry it?
I was carrying it around most of the day in my front jeans pocket.
So small comfortable and light, I forgot it was even there.
I ordered the pocket clip this evening.
I will be trying a few different types of carry.
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

Congrats. That pocket clip is a great idea
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
cshold
Advanced Levergunner

Post by cshold »

rjohns94 wrote:Congrats. That pocket clip is a great idea
My buddy has a Kel Tec P3AT with the pocket clip.
It looks exactly like he’s just carrying a clip knife in his front pocket.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Nice gun. My daughter has one (maybe - see first question below) and it seems very well made.

Two questions...

1. What is the difference that makes it a "Second Generation" one, and

2. What is an "EDC"...?
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

EDC = every day carry
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
cshold
Advanced Levergunner

Post by cshold »

AJMD429 wrote:Nice gun. My daughter has one (maybe - see first question below) and it seems very well made.

Two questions...

1. What is the difference that makes it a "Second Generation" one, and

2. What is an "EDC"...?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btzaVNLSm_E
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Mine is dandy. I wouldn't get rid of it for the world....I never leave the house without it and two mags.....(even if I'm heading someplace that I want the Glock 45acp....)
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

That's what I love about this forum. . . I learn something new every day. . .

(You guys are not just enablers - you are educators, too. . . 8) )
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

ethang
Levergunner 2.0

Post by ethang »

They are great carry everywhere guns, or carry guns when you really don't want to carry a gun, gun. It is not my first choice for an EDC piece but it does fill a spot.

Way better then a sharp stick or a stern word.... :D
cshold
Advanced Levergunner

Post by cshold »

The Sig is just to big & uncomfortable for spring & summer carry.
The. 22 mag. derringer was okay but not much better than a stick.
The derringer was also becoming unreliable, I'm not sure what was wrong with it. It's gone.
With this Ruger I'm back up and running for four season CC.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

A friend has one in 9mm. She thinks it is easy to shoot and carry.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

BrentD

Post by BrentD »

Looks nice. How does it compare to the new Remington remake of their Model 51 in size, weight, capacity, and cost?
cshold
Advanced Levergunner

Post by cshold »

BrentD wrote:Looks nice. How does it compare to the new Remington remake of their Model 51 in size, weight, capacity, and cost?
Remington R51... No thanks...

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2014/0 ... ngton-r51/
BrentD

Post by BrentD »

casastahle wrote:
BrentD wrote:Looks nice. How does it compare to the new Remington remake of their Model 51 in size, weight, capacity, and cost?
Remington R51... No thanks...

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2014/0 ... ngton-r51/
Interesting review - thanks. It seems to be mostly very well done, though a few details were inconsistent (esp, with respect to recoil).

I own an original Rem 51 and it has always been a very reliable and easy to operate pistol. Maybe it's best to stick with the old version. Seems to be the case for a lot of things in the gun world.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

BrentD wrote:Maybe it's best to stick with the old version. Seems to be the case for a lot of things in the gun world.
I'd say that philosophy extends far beyond the gun world. . .

. . . heck, it's kept my marriage going almost four decades. . . :o :lol:

P.S. Hobie - if anyone identifying herself as "MrsAJMD429" tries to register as a user and get a log-on, stall her as long as you can, while I start editing all my old posts. . .

Indigo22
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Indigo22 »

My LCP go's with me ... everywhere. Back pocket wallet holsters are nice. Mine is made by Bear Creek Holsters.
John

No matter what he does, every person on earth plays a central role in the history of the world. And normally he doesn't know it.

Paulo Coelho
cshold
Advanced Levergunner

Post by cshold »

Awsome John :mrgreen:
Dave James
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Dave James »

You should be well pleased with the pop gun, I carry it as well as the LC9 as well, but didn't like the clip, it just flat disappears in a pocket with a quality pocket holster. Only thing I will add later to it will be a laser, it took me awhile to see the point in one but they do have their uses.

Both the LC9 and the 380 now have over 800 rounds a pice thru them, just re-qualed with both, and was surprised I could continue to hit the darn target at 25 meters with the 380
cshold
Advanced Levergunner

Post by cshold »

1894c

Post by 1894c »

.380acp, I know it can be "somewhat" effective at bad-breath distance, but I have little confidence in it, just my lousy opinion...my BUG/EDC is a Glock Gen4 26 in 9mm, I also pocket carry this to good effect...recently switched to a Gen4, just ordered a second... :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
wolfdog
Levergunner 3.0

Post by wolfdog »

Spent a little time at the range with one, it was not any more accurate than my P3AT, but it seemed to be less finicky about ammo.
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

30wcf wrote:.380acp, I know it can be "somewhat" effective at bad-breath distance, but I have little confidence in it, just my lousy opinion...my BUG/EDC is a Glock Gen4 26 in 9mm, I also pocket carry this to good effect...recently switched to a Gen4, just ordered a second... :)
I know it's hard to believe, but the right ammo in the 380 mouse gun will penetrate exactly as far as a 9mm hollow point round, will thru penetrate car doors, and a hard cast bullet will penetrate 31 inches of ballistic gel, in case, you know, the stack crosses the T. Or you want to make meat with it.

I like the looks of your Glock, must be a lot of fun to shoot.

Grizz
1894c

Post by 1894c »

Grizz wrote:
30wcf wrote:.380acp, I know it can be "somewhat" effective at bad-breath distance, but I have little confidence in it, just my lousy opinion...my BUG/EDC is a Glock Gen4 26 in 9mm, I also pocket carry this to good effect...recently switched to a Gen4, just ordered a second... :)
I know it's hard to believe, but the right ammo in the 380 mouse gun will penetrate exactly as far as a 9mm hollow point round, will thru penetrate car doors, and a hard cast bullet will penetrate 31 inches of ballistic gel, in case, you know, the stack crosses the T. Or you want to make meat with it.

I like the looks of your Glock, must be a lot of fun to shoot.

Grizz
Grizz-- The G-26 Gen4 is the best shooting Baby Glock that I have ever owned, very accurate. Not sure about the .380, I used to own a Walther PPK and PPK/s and even though they were easy to shoot I did not find the .380 round to penetrate as well as my 9mm's or my .40's, just my experience, although I do know that the ammo has improved some, but so has the 9mm.

Plus, every year we do a 2-day in-service active shooter training, which changed my EDC/BUG from the Walthers and 5-shot J-frame revolvers to the Glock 26 with it's 10 +1 capacity. If you have the chance to do active shooter training, you'll realize quickly that you need capacity (I carry a Glock 19 mag as a reload) and a capable service round like the 9/40/45, again just my lousy opinion... :)
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

I totally agree about capacity. It's why my revolvers are dormant and my carry guns are semis with magazines. I don't want to be the first one to run dry.

I'm not wanting to be argumentative about the caliber thing. Just adding info for the readers and the newcomers trying to become informed and armed. It can be very confusing to anyone who didn't grow up around guns. I am better armed with a mouse pistol I can handle than with anything I can't. I suppose I worry that someone might forego carry because they just can't hide a bigger gun, in fact I know people that this is an issue for. The KT and LCP fill a civilian role that not many others can.

For some reason I have not resolved I shoot my XD9 better than my XD45. It works out to something like one less flier per magazine with the 9, so for now it's my preferred second gun. I shoot my 1911 better than the XD, so I have work to do to sort that out, cause I really really like shooting 45s.

You added another dimension, defense in depth. I will carry a 45 or 40 or 9 as a primary and the 380 as backup, or I will carry the 380 primary and the 9 on the ankle for deep concealment. Or the xd45 primary and the xd9 backup when I am in Tacoma. ( :lol: ) When I am in the woods I might have 3 short guns on me. One that is on stand-by while I swap the others for drills. It's the fallback for defense if needed. This is not legal in every state for a civilian carry option.

Regards, Grizz

P.S. Compared to the LCP your Glock is a target pistol. The LCP trigger is challenging to say the least. But, every time I shoot the mouser I surprise myself at how well I do with it in spite of the trigger. My wife does well with hers too, and she shoots less than I do. It's a stinky thing, that trigger, but it is manageable and does not defeat the sight picture.
cshold
Advanced Levergunner

Post by cshold »