.22 LR Ammo... Holy Buckets !!!

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
tman
Advanced Levergunner

Re: .22 LR Ammo... Holy Buckets !!!

Post by tman »

Centennial wrote:I still think the most effective way to have affordable sources of rim fire ammo is have factories in your own state.
Find ways to insulate from the GD lawyers , call it a CO-OP. Run it like a utility company.
Every state has a more 2nd amendment friendly county then others, and unemployment as well.
Turn a empty supermarket or dept store building into a 22 LR factory.
Todays manufactoring philosophy is to Maximum the bottom line, hence the state we find our country in. Delivering a product or service to a customer to make a nice profit and to grow a customer base, is an outmoded idea. Today, it is all about the quick buck show huge profits to stock holders each quarter. Corporations no longer have 10 year plans, but 3 months. That is the SAD state of US manufactoring today. :twisted: :evil: :cry:
plowboy 45
Senior Levergunner

Post by plowboy 45 »

I heard 2day on talk radio news that homeland security has placed an order for 3 milloin shotgun slugs and buckshot thats each per year for the next 5 years. Im goin 2 buy several boxes up just in case shells are next. Its for them and all the agencies connected 2 them. Wonder what there idea is, what they gonna shot with all those shells.
hfcable
Advanced Levergunner

Post by hfcable »

plowboy 45 wrote:I heard 2day on talk radio news that homeland security has placed an order for 3 milloin shotgun slugs and buckshot thats each per year for the next 5 years. Im goin 2 buy several boxes up just in case shells are next. Its for them and all the agencies connected 2 them. Wonder what there idea is, what they gonna shot with all those shells.

hmmm, what are they going to shoot? hmmm look around......hate to say look in mirror, but it HAS to make you wonder.

sigh :shock:
cable
plowboy 45
Senior Levergunner

Post by plowboy 45 »

Yea, kinda whar i's thinking, not to get way off the topic, but just what falls under homeland security.
hfcable
Advanced Levergunner

Post by hfcable »

from the beginning even the choice of the name, Homeland security, made me think of germany and the Fatherland, etc.

we sure took a turn away from our heritage, our constitution, and really, our birthright , in the last few decades. :|
cable
tman
Advanced Levergunner

Post by tman »

hfcable wrote:from the beginning even the choice of the name, Homeland security, made me think of germany and the Fatherland, etc.

we sure took a turn away from our heritage, our constitution, and really, our birthright , in the last few decades. :|
We should have never let them get away with HOMELAND SECURITY. That was an attack on the 4th ammendment . The media took advantage of 9/11, whipped us into a don't question "PATRIOTIC FURY" and got us into 2 illegal wars. BEWARE the Government, whether the left or right is in control :twisted:
hfcable
Advanced Levergunner

Post by hfcable »

you are so right. our congressman Don Young , a true conservative in most ways, was on the few who stood up and criticized this law, and who voted against it.
Last edited by hfcable on Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cable
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

I have nothing to do after work tomorrow. I think I'll run down to Targetmaster and pick up another case of CCI mini-mags and blast away this weekend, you know shooting semi automatic as fast as I can at clods of dirt, cans, etc. maybe even throw a brick or two in the fire and watch them crackle and pop. Maybe shoot a brick with a 12 ga. and see how many go off. Sure is fun having unlimited ammo to waste. :D ---6
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

Just rub it in ok
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

tman wrote:The media took advantage of 9/11, whipped us into a don't question "PATRIOTIC FURY" and got us into 2 illegal wars. BEWARE the Government, whether the left or right is in control :twisted:
Yep.

The first problem is that the although the "Left" clearly points it out when the "Right" does something to violate the Constitution, but when the "Left" violates the Constitution, they either deny it, or just act as if it's no big deal, since it's for a 'good cause'... :roll:

The second problem is that one can swap the words "Left" and "Right" in the above statement, and it remains equally true, and equally common. The only 'political' entity these days which doesn't shred the Constitution on a daily basis are the Libertarians, and of course since they are labeled "unelectable" by the other two parties, we just keep electing the other two, and keep spiraling downward.

Of course I may have just missed out on seeing the 'electability' of Republicans Dole, McCain, and Romney... :roll:
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

Six,
I am expecting some email pictures you are going to want to see, but it is going to cost you some .22LR ammo.
shooter
Senior Levergunner

Post by shooter »

When it becomes more available and more cost effective again, I'm going to start buying 2 bricks every time i can. One to use and one to put up. Last time we had a dry spell I bought 10 bricks when they became available. I'm planning on doing that again if I can, then the 2 at a time deal after that.
‎"If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen" - Samuel Adams
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Mescalero wrote:Six,
I am expecting some email pictures you are going to want to see, but it is going to cost you some .22LR ammo.
OK, but I hope they are of the old Willy's. I'll try to save half a brick for ya.! :D ----------6

Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

Many of them, found in an old barn in the vast reaches of the great southwest.
Merle
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Merle »

Mescalero wrote:Many of them, found in an old barn in the vast reaches of the great southwest.

Yeah, I've been finding some in old lumberjack shanties! :mrgreen:
Merle from PA
Modoc ED
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Modoc ED »

The fact that some of you don't have .22LR isn't a Left/Right thing. The reason is that, when .22LR was still available, many of you just passed it up as you walked through a store and didn't buy any. That's your fault. Every time you were in a store that sold ammo you should have bought at least a brick of .22LR and, if a brick wasn't available, at least a box or two.

Now .223 is available and dirt cheap. Maybe that'll be the new .22LR

Anymore, I'll buy a box or two or three of .30-30 or .30-06 even though I have plenty of it and I have everything I need to reload for those calibers. It's just that extra bit of insurance to buy it when you see it.
ED
Yer never too old
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

I have plenty, I just do not like being UNABLE to casually walk into a store and buy more.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Mescalero wrote:I have plenty, I just do not like being UNABLE to casually walk into a store and buy more.

Ding, Ding, Ding! That's it, right there.

It no longer matters how much you have or of what. Everybody's total focus is on supply and availability.
Just takes so much of the fun out of shooting. :(
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
Centennial
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Centennial »

Wrong answer. No ding ding.

I have enough for myself also.
I see and worry about the bigger picture. Young people, future generations not having affordable, abundant supplies of 22LR, all other ammunition and reloading components like most of us have been able to enjoy.
The continued health of our firearms industries depends on affordable abundant supplies of ammunition. If 22LR ammo supplies and skyrocketing costs continue like it has for the last 16 months firearms makers jobs will be affected.
It's part of our Rights, the RTKBA. We cannot exercise the Right without ammo.
........."shall not be infringed"; comes into play here.
Americans who gave up everything, who went to war for our Constitution and Bill of Rights, we at least need to fight the peacetime legal battles to keep those Rights.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

I agree.
But I was worried about the bigger picture all along.
I will say in some ways though, from a RTKBA standpoint, things don't look as bad now as they have in the past. Concealed Carry, Women's involvement, and shooting sports are way ahead of where they were 25 years ago. This is "some of" the ammo problem. There are way more people shooting. Also, the anti's are forced to be more indirect and deceitful because the "direct sell" approach doesn't work anymore. Nobody wants it.
Not saying there isn't a threat. In some ways it's more scary than ever. :(
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
Merle
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Merle »

Centennial wrote:Wrong answer. No ding ding.

I see and worry about the bigger picture. Young people, future generations not having affordable, abundant supplies of 22LR, all other ammunition and reloading components like most of us have been able to enjoy.
The continued health of our firearms industries depends on affordable abundant supplies of ammunition. If 22LR ammo supplies and skyrocketing costs continue like it has for the last 16 months firearms makers jobs will be affected.
Americans who gave up everything, who went to war for our Constitution and Bill of Rights, we at least need to fight the peacetime legal battles to keep those Rights.

This pretty will sums it up!!! I don't know why everybody doesn't get it. :o
Merle from PA
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

At 61, there is not that much " future " for me, so I think I am a little confused by this " future " thing.
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

At 61, there is not that much " future " for me, so I think I am a little confused by this " future " thing.
tman
Advanced Levergunner

Post by tman »

Merle wrote:
Centennial wrote:Wrong answer. No ding ding.

This pretty will sums it up!!! I don't know why everybody doesn't get it. :o
+1
tman
Advanced Levergunner

Post by tman »

It's hoarding and Demand manufactoring driving the prices up. If you are hoarding, YOU ARE DRIVING THE PRICE UP! Get it now :?: :twisted:
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

I just found this junk sitting on the shelf. It's a mixture of Fed, R-P, and W-W. By weight it's 700 rds. I took a close look at it and I see its not bright and shiny like new stuff so I'm gonna take it out back and throw it in the pond. Only fresh stuff goes in my guns.

I might relent and make an even up deal for Mescalero's old Willys but I'm just too lazy to package this stuff up, so off to the water I go. :D -----6

Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

Some people have NO .22 ammo at all, you do realize your actions seem unreasonably harsh.
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

Mescalero, I really think Six is not only a little harsh but maybe on the verge of sadistic !!!!!!!!!!
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

I bet some guys are looking at that picture saying " I wish I had that ".
tman
Advanced Levergunner

Post by tman »

You can pull the bullets, dump the powder in the garden for fertilizer, salvage the lead bullets and brass for scrap. Old hoarded .22 ammo doesn't bring much. I wouldn't shoot it in my guns either.
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

I would shoot it in my new revolver.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Modoc ED wrote:Now .223 is available and dirt cheap. Maybe that'll be the new .22LR
Oh man, you shouldn't have said that. . . now I have to buy some.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Centennial
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Centennial »

Mescalero wrote:At 61, there is not that much " future " for me, so I think I am a little confused by this " future " thing.
Future as in future generations. Not you or me.
Or let the RTKBA end in these times?
The history of Americans that go to war didn't just do it for themselves. It goes without saying, or should.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

This stuff is getting on my nerves. I think I'll bring the wheelbarrow down in the basement and gather this junk up and use it to fill in some low spots out in the yard.----6
(Don't mind that little brass knife. It was a gift from Mescalero)

It's a shame but I had to break open this case as we had a match last week. Tommy promised me a fresh new unopened case this week for $200. (That's what I paid for this one). I think I'll get the new case and have it bronzed. :D

BrentD

Post by BrentD »

If that's ALL the .22 ammo you got, you should be worried :o
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

JerryB wrote:Mescalero, I really think Six is not only a little harsh but maybe on the verge of sadistic !!!!!!!!!!
Thanks Jerry! Your making me blush. Sometimes I think that Jeffery Dahmer and I are related somehow.

Just because of the very nice words you have for me, I'm going to send you a brick of CCI Mini Mags.

Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

You are far more altrulistic than I am.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Mescalero wrote:You are far more altrulistic than I am.
Mescaline,
Please don't use words that have more than 4 letters in them. (Except Winchester) What does "altruistic" mean? If it has anything to do with "ego", then I guess it's me. My ego is bigger than the state of Texas. :D ----6

Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

Six, that did apply to you; calm down.
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

Six I think I have maybe 4 or 5 of those old federal 550 boxes so just go ahead and send the brick out to Mescalero. Thanks for the nice thought.
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15