Alien Gear?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Alien Gear?

Post by TedH »

Anyone bought from these folks before? They look about like a Crossbreed Supertuck for a fraction of the price. I just ordered one for my G42, but they didn't say till I received the confirmation email that the expected ship date was 4 to 6 weeks. Looks like a good holster for the money.

http://aliengearholsters.com/
NRA Life Member
Blaine
Posting leader...

Re: Alien Gear?

Post by Blaine »

I hope it's everything you hope for. ( I never really appreciated the plastic holsters....)
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
cshold
Advanced Levergunner

Post by cshold »

Looks like a 'worth a try' 8)
I'm not understanding the 4 to 6 week ship date though, wow!
This is one of the good things about going to a local gun show.
The opportunity to tryout a multitude of different holstering systems.
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

If you believe everything on their website, should be better than a Supertuck, which I've had three of, and really like. I like paying 30 bucks instead of 70 also. Last time I ordered a Supertuck from Crossbreed it took about that long too. I did by a similar DeSantis holster from Midway, but I don't like it near as much. It has plastic belt clips, the leather is too stiff, and the molded plastic is a very poor fit. It was $45 or so. Not a good deal in my opinion, so that's why I wanted to try these Alien Gear folks.
NRA Life Member
cshold
Advanced Levergunner

Post by cshold »

TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

Right holster, but for wrong gun. I'm not in a hurry anyway.
NRA Life Member
86er
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 86er »

I know two guys that have these holsters. According to them, unlike the Crossbreed SuperTuck which is riveted, the Alien Gear holsters have the kydex screwed on to the leather. They say that Alien Gear will swap out the kydex to a different gun for the life of the holster at no charge. If you decide to carry something else, trade in the kydex part. That sounds like a pretty good deal.
Professional Hunter
http://www.TARSPORTING.com
"Worldwide Hunting Adventures"

Professional Hunters Assoc of South Africa
SCI - Life Member
NRA - Life Member
NAHC - Trophy Life Member
DWWC - Member
Centennial
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Centennial »

All USA made and a fair price. I'm bookmarking this for later.
ethang
Levergunner 2.0

Post by ethang »

I've used a Galco King Tuck now for almost 5 years. I picked up an Alien Gear for my wife's Shield and she has been using it for about 2 months. I ordered it last fall before they made the big time with the long wait. I think it took 3 weeks for hers to come in. No issues with it so far, after all it's a piece of leather with a plastic piece attached. I think the AG price is much more inline with what a holster of this type should cost.
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

86er wrote:I know two guys that have these holsters. According to them, unlike the Crossbreed SuperTuck which is riveted, the Alien Gear holsters have the kydex screwed on to the leather. They say that Alien Gear will swap out the kydex to a different gun for the life of the holster at no charge. If you decide to carry something else, trade in the kydex part. That sounds like a pretty good deal.
I have one for my SP101.

A couple of observations:

First, I've found that that STYLE of holster (Alien, Galco, Crossbreed, whatever) doesn't really work for my body type. (With some nerve-compression issues & the shape of my hips/small of back it looks like the only IWB I can wear any more is a Belly Band/elastic holster). That said:

The construction is solid, the use of "T-nuts" instead of rivets is interesting, effective, and it is quite adjustable. In the case of the molding for the SP101 (at least on mine) the Kydex is molded imperfectly but adequately. (I think the lead time comes from them NOT keeping stocks of pre-molded Kydex, but molding to order - JMO/SWAG).

The leather seems to be of high quality.

SO... I think it's worth a shot especially since they claim a 100% satisfaction guarantee with "try it for 30 days"/return it if you don't like it policy…
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!