Casper WY gunshow report

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Casper WY gunshow report

Post by jnyork »

Casper WY gunshow this morning, much better show than some in the past, lots & lots of guns and gunstuff, only a few tables of stuffed toys, scented candles and bric-a-brac, not even any beef jerky. :wink:

TONS of EBR's and black handguns, tables and tables full. Quite a few old leverguns. The usual sporting rifles and a few target guns. Very few .22's of any description for some reason. Two different dealers had 3 tables each just packed with powder and primers. Not very much Alliant but most anything else. Powder at 30-35 bucks, primers at 45/1000, not a soul bought any that I saw, folks just glanced at the prices and walked on by. Same with the 50-75 buck boxes of Walmart bulk .22 ammo. Maybe people are just fed up and voting with their wallets, sure hope so.

I sold the rifle I took, Remington 141 in .30 Remington, before I even got in the door for what I was asking. Friend that went with me did some trading and buying and we both came home happy.
Centennial
Levergunner 2.0

Re: Casper WY gunshow report

Post by Centennial »

Sounds like a good gun show, they make me feel good.
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

(soto voce)... Obviously you weren't asking enough!

Sounds like a good day!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jnyork »

Griff wrote:(soto voce)... Obviously you weren't asking enough!

!
Yeah, it always makes me wonder when I make a quick sale like that, but I had taken it to 3 or 4 shows with no bites, and had researched it on GB, so I was pretty happy with the price I got. This afternoon I put an item on ebay with a HIGH "buy it now" price and it was gone in 13 minutes flat. Go figure. :lol:
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

jnyork wrote:Very few .22's of any description for some reason.
Simple...'cuz you can't get any ammo for them...! :evil:
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

That more than anything will drive Winchester and Remington to rectify the situation, and the other makers as well.
Centennial
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Centennial »

I've been wondering since the shortage was only 6 months old and no sign of easing up; what are the firearms makers going to do?
I'd like to be a fly on the wall at a Ruger/Marlin board meeting.
Leverluver
Senior Levergunner

Post by Leverluver »

The Casper shows got where they sucked so bad that I haven't been to one in over 20 years. Last one I liked was in Billings about 10 years ago. Of course, I am not in the EBR crowd so that limits things. Glad to see they are picking up some.
Centennial
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Centennial »

I use to kid my friends about lever-less guns. If it didn't have a lever and walnut there was something wrong with it, it was defective, and I was not interested. I've come around a little bit. Gun show tables that draw my attention have levers, pumps, revolvers.........But at home what is always ready to grab and go has got a lever & walnut on it.