My apologies to the fourm

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
J Miller
Member Emeritus

My apologies to the fourm

Post by J Miller »

I made some comments in this thread: { viewtopic.php?f=1&t=59614 } that I should have either not made or made in an entirely different manor.

To those here I apologize and ask forgiveness.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Re: My apologies to the fourm

Post by Nath »

Your fine by me Joe :D

Nath.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
Centennial
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Centennial »

Is it your post of Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:06 am, page 2 ??

Looks good to me too.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

You have a right to your opinion. A lot were expressed there. I do not agree with some of what you said but others likely will.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

It's a forum for opinions.... 8)
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

BlaineG wrote:It's a forum for opinions.... 8)
+ 1 Joe.
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jnyork »

BlaineG wrote:It's a forum for opinions.... 8)
This.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Opinions are just that. I have been annoyed at times by others opinions, but I get over it. I honestly can't think of a single person on here whom I would not sit down and talk to over coffee. Heck, I have been annoyed by some of the best (in retail, you see the most annoying people at times) and have gotten over it. I don't see anything that you did wrong.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Paladin
Senior Levergunner

Post by Paladin »

I may not agree with what you say, but I shall defend to the death your right to say it – Voltaire.
It is not the critic who counts
wm
Senior Levergunner

Post by wm »

Took me a bit to find it but honestly I thought 'eh......typical libertarian view point ' And I don't mean that as an insult just an observation.

I don't disagree with the principle of what you say (asking permission negates the right) but I disagree with the practicality of what you espouse. To maintain a safe and orderly environment in a large, diverse society there has to be some regulation. As citizens it is our responsibility to remain vigilant and not allow the regulators to become tyrants 'in our best interests'. I want to know that people with the responsibility of carrying a weapon are minimally trained, sane and responsible for EVERYONES protection. Could that be point be stretched to require a burdensome amount of training and therefore deny people the right to bear arms........sure could......but as a voter I have to make sure that does not happen.

Therefore I would submit, in a friendly manner, that perhaps your view point is a defeatist one because at its core you believe your government (and it is still yours because of your vote and the fact that you pay for it) is out to get you and people like you. In a sense you've given up on the idea that government can be trusted to balance the rights of the many with the protection of the few.

But I didn't think you owed anyone an apology for a forth right and frank expression of your opinions. Sometimes it takes a thick skin and broad shoulders to be an engaged citizen.......and that's what this sort of discussion is. An exercise of citizenship.

I think we can still be friends even if we disagree.

Wm
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

I don't see much wrong with anything You said Joe. it's how YOU feel about things. about the Leo's...I have a big problem with about 20% of them who refuse to use common sense or good manners in their conduct. Simply "I" am the LAW. :twisted: .
JohndeFresno
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JohndeFresno »

Old Savage wrote:You have a right to your opinion. A lot were expressed there. I do not agree with some of what you said but others likely will.
+1
You're still my bud.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

I do disagree with the general indictment of law enforcement.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

GonnePhishin
Senior Levergunner

Post by GonnePhishin »

Joe, Apologize for WHAT? You said nothing that offended me but were merely speaking what was on your mind. Besides, it was basically the truth.
"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." - Thomas Jefferson

"I know not what course other men may take, but as for me, Give me Liberty or Give me Death!" - Patrick Henry
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

It was honestly expressed, and politically a valid point. Worldwide, "law enforcement" are far likelier to be the cause than "bad guys" when ordinary law-abiding citizens are murdered - via genocide (see R. J. Rummel's many published works on the topic if you doubt it). We have a Constitution and the prohibition of using military as 'police' in our nation to protect us from that, but it is clear those protections are being breached the past few decades. So far it is working - we only had Kent State to compare to Tiananmen Square, and the Branch Davidians to compare to the Warsaw Ghettos, but things keep getting worse instead of better.

So, you are not being so much 'defeatist', as 'realist'.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

AJMD429 wrote:It was honestly expressed, and politically a valid point. Worldwide, "law enforcement" are far likelier to be the cause than "bad guys" when ordinary law-abiding citizens are murdered - via genocide (see R. J. Rummel's many published works on the topic if you doubt it). We have a Constitution and the prohibition of using military as 'police' in our nation to protect us from that, but it is clear those protections are being breached the past few decades. So far it is working - we only had Kent State to compare to Tiananmen Square, and the Branch Davidians to compare to the Warsaw Ghettos, but things keep getting worse instead of better.

So, you are not being so much 'defeatist', as 'realist'.
America ain't "worldwide", so stop with this. Luckily, most Americans hold us to a higher standard than "worldwide"..... :idea: (In America, Doctors kill WAY more people than LEOs :oops: :oops: )
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

FWIW - I, for one, agree with part (if not most) of your statement, and act accordingly (And I don't live in an open carry state).
J Miller wrote:
Acquiring a CCW permit is total abdication of your rights, since once you asked permission to do something, it is no longer a right, but has become a privilege.
The way I look at it - My CCW dates from 1776.

Centennial
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Centennial »

America is exceptional, but it is waning.
The democrats & rinos are taking U.S. down to 2nd and 3rd World countries status.
plowboy 45
Senior Levergunner

Post by plowboy 45 »

I thought you nailed it fairly close.
plowboy 45
Senior Levergunner

Post by plowboy 45 »

Centennial wrote:America is exceptional, but it is waning.
The democrats & rinos are taking U.S. down to 2nd and 3rd World countries status.
I also agree with this 110%
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Paladin wrote:I may not agree with what you say, but I shall defend to the death your right to say it – Voltaire.
This. Which is often the best segue into an intelligent conversation about gun control, sans emotion.

I did sorta wonder if I needed to come up there and do an intervention. :P :P
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Bridger
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Bridger »

Heck, I agreed with most of the post in question...
"The best argument against democracy
is a five minute conversation with the average voter."

- Winston Churchill
plowboy 45
Senior Levergunner

Post by plowboy 45 »

Paladin wrote:I may not agree with what you say, but I shall defend to the death your right to say it – Voltaire.
THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!!!!
Noah Zark
Senior Levergunner

Post by Noah Zark »

Miguelito Loveless' henchman said that? I thought he couldn't talk.

Noah
Might as well face it, you're addicted to guns . . .
GonnePhishin
Senior Levergunner

Post by GonnePhishin »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." - Thomas Jefferson

"I know not what course other men may take, but as for me, Give me Liberty or Give me Death!" - Patrick Henry
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Noah Zark wrote:

Noah
Actually,
The most oft-cited Voltaire quotation is apocryphal. He is incorrectly credited with writing, "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." These were not his words, but rather those of Evelyn Beatrice Hall, written under the pseudonym S. G. Tallentyre in her 1906 biographical book The Friends of Voltaire. Hall intended to summarize in her own words Voltaire's attitude towards Claude Adrien Helvétius and his controversial book De l'esprit, but her first-person expression was mistaken for an actual quotation from Voltaire. Her interpretation does capture the spirit of Voltaire's attitude towards Helvetius; it had been said Hall's summary was inspired by a quotation found in a 1770 Voltaire letter to an Abbot le Riche, in which he was reported to have said, "I detest what you write, but I would give my life to make it possible for you to continue to write." Nevertheless, scholars believe there must have again been misinterpretation, as the letter does not seem to contain any such quote.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Thanks for the enlightenment.