Mallard Teryaki and steamed rice !

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Mallard Teryaki and steamed rice !

Post by 6pt-sika »

About three days ago I took the breasts from three mallards and sliced them up like one would cut beef teryaki , rinsed them and put them in a covered plastic container with "Yeri Yeri Teryaki Sauce" . They stayed in the frig from tuesday evening until this AM . Yesterday I had added a can of sliced mushrooms , a can of sliced water chestnuts and a can of baby corn .
Then today at the shop I sort of slow cooked the whole mess for about 30 minutes !
Served over steamed white rice it was rather tastey and I'm not a big eater of the dark meat from poultry !
Next week I may try the same thing with the breast of a Canada Goose !
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
Marlin32
Levergunner 3.0

Re: Mallard Teryaki and steamed rice !

Post by Marlin32 »

Try a little pineapple juice, splash of lemon juice also and some Worcestershire sauce in with the teriyaki.
I grill mine.

I have cured duck and goose breasts, smoked them. Then put in crock pot with duck fat, and some Famous Dave's Pineapple rage bbq sauce. Then shred breasts, its a "pulled duck" bbq, great over rice or just a sandwich. (have used Famous Dave's Apricot bbq sauce too)
I am not big duck/goose/prairie chicken eater either, and this concoction works real well for me and the mrs
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Marlin32 wrote:Try a little pineapple juice, splash of lemon juice also and some Worcestershire sauce in with the teriyaki.
I grill mine.

I have cured duck and goose breasts, smoked them. Then put in crock pot with duck fat, and some Famous Dave's Pineapple rage bbq sauce. Then shred breasts, its a "pulled duck" bbq, great over rice or just a sandwich. (have used Famous Dave's Apricot bbq sauce too)
I am not big duck/goose/prairie chicken eater either, and this concoction works real well for me and the mrs
The folks that make the Yeri Yeri Teryaki sauce also make what they call "Island Teryaki" and that has pineapple juice in it . I've used that with beef , chicken and venison !

I suspect with a little luck by the end of hunting season we will have tried teryaki squills and rabbits . And the luck in this equates to me getting off my a...s...s and shooting a few squills and rabbits .
harry
Senior Levergunner

Post by harry »

6pt-sika wrote:
Marlin32 wrote:Try a little pineapple juice, splash of lemon juice also and some Worcestershire sauce in with the teriyaki.
I grill mine.

The folks that make the Yeri Yeri Teryaki sauce also make what they call "Island Teryaki" and that has pineapple juice in it . I've used that with beef , chicken and venison !

I suspect with a little luck by the end of hunting season we will have tried teryaki squills and rabbits . And the luck in this equates to me getting off my a...s...s and shooting a few squills and rabbits .
One of them triple 4's ought to handle a squill, but you might want something bigger for the rabbits. 8)
Trump 2024

All responses have been cleared by the law firm of "Elmer and Fudd."
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

harry wrote:
One of them triple 4's ought to handle a squill, but you might want something bigger for the rabbits. 8)
Nope I'll use my grandfathers old W&C Scott 10 gauge loaded with 1 1/4 ounce chilled 4's or our AB Smith 36 cal PA Rifle circa 1840-1850 .Also have a little circa 1969 Browning 22 Auto that hasn't killed anything since it came into my possesion !
bigbore442001
Levergunner 3.0

Post by bigbore442001 »

Excellent tip. I see that brand on the shelves yet never tried it.