My unchallenable theory relating to “Men’s Rules Clarified”

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
GoatGuy
Senior Levergunner

My unchallenable theory relating to “Men’s Rules Clarified”

Post by GoatGuy »

Been ruminating on one of Brother Blaine’s posts in the “Men’s Rules Clarified” thread by Pete44ru.

Now, I’m only bringing this new thread up to offer the posit that has come to me in the last decade or so about the rise of female domination in our culture, and the average woman’s harsh perspective of being the supreme arbiter of proper behavior for the male of the species. As we (men) all know, this sociological shift has generated a great deal of grief for us, as well as undying turmoil brought into our general culture.

As a male in his 8th decade of life, I have had more than my share of contact with women. Not bragging about conquest, just noting that a very great majority of my adult life has been spent in close proximity to the female gender of us homo-sapiens.:wink: Having been thus, I have endured a great deal of the negative benefits of the aggressive results of the referenced sociological shift. Therefore, due to my advanced years on this planet, and with the experience of nearly six decades as a “benefactor” of female contact, I feel uniquely qualified to offer my opinion on the subject. It is that the change in the female/male hierarchy shift in relationships in the last 50+ years is due to one signal moment in our history. Curiously, it relates to fashion and presumed equality in the placement of the humble zipper. :?

Following is the truth of the matter, as I see it. - - In the early 1960’s, designers of women’s clothing gave the world a shift of said zipper from the more proper placement on the side of women’s trousers to the... :roll: front of the trousers. This one teeny, tiny little thing gave women the notion they were finally released from male superiority, were therefore equals of men and led to a disruption in all aspects of male/female relations from that point forward. And the culture going "south" pretty fast for us guys!

I rest my case. :P

Just kidding folks, kinda, sorta!. Always got a rise out of my former wife when I would tease with that humorous "point of view", when with a group of friends/couples.
Last edited by GoatGuy on Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"If a man does away with his traditional way of living and throws away his good customs, he had better first make certain that he has something of value to replace them." - Basuto proverb.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Re: My unchallenable theory relating to “Men’s Rules Clarifi

Post by Blaine »

:idea: :lol: :lol:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

As long as they don't put our zippers on the side I think we will survive .... :shock:
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

game keeper wrote:As long as they don't put our zippers on the side I think we will survive .... :shock:
I still prefer buttons. Zippers are a very dangerous contraption.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

game keeper wrote:As long as they don't put our zippers on the side I think we will survive .... :shock:
A bit of a stretch, what? :lol:

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
7.62 Precision
Senior Levergunner

Post by 7.62 Precision »

Griff wrote:
I still prefer buttons. Zippers are a very dangerous contraption.
Me too. Buttons can be ripped open quicker in an emergency. I learned from a nurse that zipper injuries are actually very common, and seen often in emergency rooms. I guess mineral oil works to free any parts of the anatomy that have become intertwines among the zipper teeth.

When I was seven my best friend got himself good in the zipper of his pajamas. Since any injury is a badge of honor to be proudly displayed when you are seven, I saw the horrific injury. I have had a phobia of zippers ever since.
GoatGuy
Senior Levergunner

Post by GoatGuy »

Man, ...talk about your thread "drift":buttons, mangled man parts, etc.? Not much to do about it, chronic with this bunch I suppose. Attention Deficit Disorder or just elementary school hangover? Game Keeper, you of all of us should know better. I'm ashamed of you! Blaine, Griff and 7.62 Precision are known troublemakers and set bad examples. Never, never, play with them. Little scamps, all three! :roll:
"If a man does away with his traditional way of living and throws away his good customs, he had better first make certain that he has something of value to replace them." - Basuto proverb.
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

Between Buttons & Zippers, all I can say is...

As an EMT, if I have to treat you, you have a (slightly) better chance of going home with your pants intact if you have buttons. Zippers mean "EMTs, Cut these Pants Off"...
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
octagon
Senior Levergunner

Post by octagon »

You let your women wear pants?
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

octagon wrote:You let your women wear pants?
Of course.

Only MEN can wear Kilts.... :twisted:
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

GoatGuy wrote:Man, ...talk about your thread "drift":buttons, mangled man parts, etc.? Not much to do about it, chronic with this bunch I suppose. Attention Deficit Disorder or just elementary school hangover? Game Keeper, you of all of us should know better. I'm ashamed of you! Blaine, Griff and 7.62 Precision are known troublemakers and set bad examples. Never, never, play with them. Little scamps, all three! :roll:
:?: What thread drift :?: Were we not still on the subject of trouser closures?

And trouble-makers? Us three? Seriously? Well... okay, maybe Blaine. :twisted: :twisted:
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

:o :shock: :? Now, see here.....OOOO, a squill....

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
7.62 Precision
Senior Levergunner

Post by 7.62 Precision »

GoatGuy wrote:Man, ...talk about your thread "drift":buttons, mangled man parts, etc.? Not much to do about it, chronic with this bunch I suppose. Attention Deficit Disorder or just elementary school hangover? Game Keeper, you of all of us should know better. I'm ashamed of you! Blaine, Griff and 7.62 Precision are known troublemakers and set bad examples. Never, never, play with them. Little scamps, all three! :roll:
What are you accusing me of? I don't know what you are talking about. Drift? I never . . . did you say drift?

. . . so we had two bear hanging from the boom, and the VHF wasn't working. It was sort of windy and very overcast, but seemed OK in Port Malmsberry. We were just crossing Chatham strait from Kuiu Island, but as soon as we left the bay, we ran right into the weather. 24-foot seas. We were taking green water over the wheelhouse. Up the face of one swell, skating down the back side to plunge into the trough, a pause while she shook it off, and up the next. Surrounded by mountains of green water. Everything was OK until a huge wave broke over the boat and smashed a trolling poll down across the deck. Rigging in the prop, and we were drifting . . .
Last edited by 7.62 Precision on Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
7.62 Precision
Senior Levergunner

Post by 7.62 Precision »

You know that I was hunting bear in Sadie Cove once, looked down the mountain, and the boat had floated the anchor and was drifting away . . .
7.62 Precision
Senior Levergunner

Post by 7.62 Precision »

Now I'm going to drift off to sleep.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

GoatGuy, sorry to have caused so much drifting........ :oops: ......... I think 7.62 Precision is now somewhere on the China Seas...... :lol:
I do think you are onto something though, I'm old enough to remember the days when women's clothes were definitely female and not unisex and it has been all downhill since the change..... :?
Indigo22
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Indigo22 »

Old Ironsights wrote:
I have a kilt... Oh the breezes between the kneeses. That's freedom.
The proper attire to be worn below your kilt are a pair of sturdy shoes and mid-calf socks. Hiking boots will work as well.
John

No matter what he does, every person on earth plays a central role in the history of the world. And normally he doesn't know it.

Paulo Coelho
Hawkeye2
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Hawkeye2 »

"You let your women wear pants?"

That's when it all went to pieces. It seems they slipped on an attitude with the pants.

I have been around long enough to remember when women's slacks had the zipper in the back which gave the male quite an advantage in a close encounter.
OLBIKER
Levergunner 1.0

Post by OLBIKER »

[quote="Hawkeye2"]"You let your women wear pants?"

/quote]

Of course I do.It is easier on their knees when they are gutting my deer or scrubbing the floor.
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

Indigo22 wrote:
Old Ironsights wrote:
I have a kilt... Oh the breezes between the kneeses. That's freedom.
The proper attire to be worn below your kilt are a pair of sturdy shoes and mid-calf socks. Hiking boots will work as well.
I wear a Kilt to as many Formal Functions as I can.

Also have one I play golf in. (If Duffers can wear stupid pastel plaid pants to play a Scottish Game, I darn well should be able to wear REAL Scottish Kit...)
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
7.62 Precision
Senior Levergunner

Post by 7.62 Precision »

game keeper wrote:GI think 7.62 Precision is now somewhere on the China Seas......
I do think you are onto something though, I'm old enough to remember the days when women's clothes were definitely female and not unisex and it has been all downhill since the change..... :?
I just looked out my window and . . . what is that . . . a junk?

I will say that in pretty much every culture, there has been a clear distinction between the clothes worn by men and women. There are also important differences physically, emotionally, and psychologically between men and women. These are things that I happen to appreciate and would definitely not change.

I find that traditional women's clothing is much more attractive than much of what is worn today by women, and I think that what they wear ply can effect how they see themselves psychologically. Probably the case with men, too.
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

I miss dresses that had zippers in the back. Quite stimulating to slowly pull that zipper down in preparation for more interesting events. Same could be said for zippers in back of pants. You guys remember those little low ride capris with the zipper in the rear. Kids today have no idea just how they could stimulate ones imagination.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
GoatGuy
Senior Levergunner

Post by GoatGuy »

Yeah, that's more like it guys! Now we're getting somewhere with the topic.

I am going to give MOST of you a gold star for your behavior here.
ALL except "KILTY" and "SKIPPER OF THE HIGH SEAS". Skipper is only temporarily on caution watch, as his last offering was at least partially on topic.
Game Keeper, your gracious apology is accepted ... so, no more blackboard cleaning duty during recess for you.

Class dismissed.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I was going to say something about the demise of stockings in favour of panty hose but thought that might cause even more topic drift....... :?
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

game keeper wrote:I was going to say something about the demise of stockings in favour of panty hose but thought that might cause even more topic drift....... :?
Ahh garter belts. Now there was something that could turn a young man's thoughts from the straight and narrow. Girls today have no idea what such things can do to a man.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad