Went to our BIG gun show today

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
jdad
Advanced Levergunner

Went to our BIG gun show today

Post by jdad »

Our collector group sponsors a big 2-day show every year that brings in some real firearms. Modern "black" rifles and plastic semi-auto hand guns are not seen nor allowed.....in fact if it isn't firearm related it's not allowed. Around the perimeter, of the hall, are historical displays put up by members.

I was about #12 in the door this morning. In the 11 years I have been attending this show I have never seen this many Marlin's and Winchesters. Everything you could imagine, not just levers. I may be going back tomorrow to look at all the Colt's and S&W's.

I found what I was looking for, in the first 20 minutes. There was a low wall, without a tag on it. I knew the seller and asked him about it. He gave me the letter.....1885, shipped 1891, 32-20, 28" #1 barrel and the best part was the near perfect bore. There was even some hints of case coloring on the left side. There wasn't even any negotiations. He told me what "my" price was and I pulled the cash out. I ran into Vall "marlinman93" Miller & Bert "Mr 1885" Hartman and let them look at the bore. The look in their face when they looked down the bore confirmed I did ok.

The tang sight didn't come with it, but I had one. I go try it out tomorrow.

I know a whole lot about very little and nothing about a whole lot.
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Went to our BIG gun show today

Post by RIHMFIRE »

Congrat on a fine gun....that is a classy look'n shooter!
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

That's IMHO a wonderful rifle - I'm glad you were able to get ahold of it !

If you return to the show tommorow, could you please give my respects to Vall, etc ?

He doesn't post here much, anymore - but I notice his handle elsewhere, every not & then.

plowboy 45
Senior Levergunner

Post by plowboy 45 »

Thats a good lookin rifle
Congratulations, glade you got it at your price

PLOWBOY
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

Wow!! what a score, and in the best caliber. :wink: .
walks with gun
Levergunner 3.0

Post by walks with gun »

Congrats, I love it, When I hear folks talking about varmit rifles, that's the kind of rifle that pops into my mind. I've got a thing for 32's anyway.
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

Nice!
----- Doug
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Oh man, what a NICE configuration......low wall with a #1 barrel with condition and the icing on the cake.......a perfect bore.

I too, have always had a desire for that same rifle but the several I have looked at had sewer pipes.

That's an $1800-$2200 gun....nice!--------6
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

jdad
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jdad »

Sixgun wrote:Oh man, what a NICE configuration......low wall with a #1 barrel with condition and the icing on the cake.......a perfect bore.

I too, have always had a desire for that same rifle but the several I have looked at had sewer pipes.

That's an $1800-$2200 gun....nice!--------6

If I had passed or wanted to look around the show some more has was going to tag it in that price range. Like I said when he told me what "my" price was I just pulled the cash out. :wink:

There were some outstanding deals. One table was nothing, but Deluxe Winchester 1890's and a few high condition "standard" 1890's. There was a 90% early 2nd model that had almost all the case coloring....looked nicer than most of the deluxe rifles. The tag said $2495, but when I went to handle it the seller said he had a pending offer just over $2000. :shock:
Mike Armstrong
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Mike Armstrong »

That marriage of rifle and cartridge is as good a small and medium game killer as was ever made. And back in the day plenty of deer were killed with them, although you really have to pick your shot--NOT for the guy who has one weekend to get a buck!

Beautiful; just opening the action of a 'Wall makes me smile!
pokey
Advanced Levergunner

Post by pokey »

you did good,

I messed up, missed the show. :roll:

there's always next year.
careful what you wish for, you might just get it.

"BECAUSE I CAN"
firefuzz
Senior Levergunner

Post by firefuzz »

This is one seriously fine rifle. Finding one in .32-20 with as nice a bore as you've described is hard to do. I'm jealous.

I've got a really nice Red Rider I'd trade for it.....(I'd offer you my really nice stuff but I figure the answer would be the same. :lol: )

Rob
Proud to be Christian American and not ashamed of being white.

May your rifle always shoot straight, your mag never run dry, you always have one more round than you have adversaries, and your good mate always be there to watch your back.

Because I can!

Never grow a wishbone where a backbone ought to be.
jdad
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jdad »

firefuzz wrote:This is one seriously fine rifle. Finding one in .32-20 with as nice a bore as you've described is hard to do. I'm jealous.

I've got a really nice Red Rider I'd trade for it.....(I'd offer you my really nice stuff but I figure the answer would be the same. :lol: )

Rob
After I adjusted the tang sight I had no problem dropping turkeys, at 150m. I got very lucky this year.