Thanks

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
bonusmarple
Levergunner

Thanks

Post by bonusmarple »

I recently bought a Winchester 94 in 30-30. I am new to reloading so I found the article on this site about varmint loads for the 30-30 very interesting. I cooked up a few of the 311440 w/ 10 grains of 2400 based on the article. That round is a blast! Lots of fun at the range. I haven't had a chance to try it out in the field.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Re: Thanks

Post by AJMD429 »

I have to admit, I didn't have a 30-30 until about 35 years after I bought my first levergun... :oops:
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
pokey
Advanced Levergunner

Post by pokey »

welcome home.

and to the 30wcf club,

and to reloading.
careful what you wish for, you might just get it.

"BECAUSE I CAN"
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

For most of what I do, a .30-30 will work just fine. It is a versatile cartridge that is generally more accurate than the shooter. I hope you have as much fun with yours as I have had with mine. If you are married, get your wife her own levergun. I didn't, and she took my most accurate levergun and had it cut down for her.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost