WALMART .22LR AMMO SALE, 10/04/2014

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Hagler
Senior Levergunner

WALMART .22LR AMMO SALE, 10/04/2014

Post by Hagler »

Good people,

I found out about this through Rimfire Central. I asked the guy at the ammo counter about it, today, and he was very dodgey, in his response. However, here is the ad, from Walmart's Web site:

Here is the Rimfire Central topic:

http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/sh ... p?t=560704

Shawn
"That's right, Billy, I'm good with it. I hit what I shoot at, and I'm fast!"-Lucas McCain, c1882.
ImageImage
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Re: WALMART .22LR AMMO SALE, 10/04/2014

Post by AJMD429 »

I've been letting those who need it more buy it for now, especially at these prices. I don't shoot as much up 'frivolously' these days, though.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

AJMD429 wrote:I've been letting those who need it more buy it for now, especially at these prices. I don't shoot as much up 'frivolously' these days, though.
You don't have Y2K to feed! :shock: :wink: :lol:
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Thanks Hagler! :D
vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Post by vancelw »

Hagler wrote:Good people,

I found out about this through Rimfire Central. I asked the guy at the ammo counter about it, today, and he was very dodgey, in his response.

Shawn
He's dodgy about it because if you're not there when it comes of the truck (or out of the warehouse) you won't get any.
Around here, the same dozen or so people camp out at Walmart in the morning and create the shortage so they can capitalize on it.
"Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world." - Thomas Carlyle
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

vancelw wrote:Around here, the same dozen or so people camp out at Walmart in the morning and create the shortage so they can capitalize on it.
That's why I don't buy any lately...

Let the 'scalpers' run their course (which actually is NOT a bad thing - it tends to further increased competition and lower prices in the long run).

I have enough for my needs; why buy/invest/sell...
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
jhrosier
Levergunner 3.0

Post by jhrosier »

Thanks for the tip.
I was at the local WM at 7:55 and there were a half dozen ahead of me.
By the time I checked out at 8:07, another dozen had arrived.
They only had 3 cases so it's good I got there early.
This was the first time in two years that I have been able to get any .22 locally & my supply is about depleted.
The local gun shop is asking $60 / 500 rds but that is a lot more than I am willing to pay.
I cast my own bullets from scrap lead & can shoot 38 special for less than $6 per hundred.
It looks like I will be casting .22 bullets for the Hornet this winter. :wink:

Jack
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

Just got back from wally world, got my 3 boxes of ammo.
No long line, no scalpers lined up, plenty of ammo.
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

jhrosier wrote:
The local gun shop is asking $60 / 500 rds but that is a lot more than I am willing to pay.
If you could buy 500 @ WallyWorld ILO their 300 rounds limit, it works out to about $40/500 rounds - still plenty expensive (about 2x normal), if you think about it.

I'm glad I bought two cases of LR, about 10 years ago - I use it only for zeroing & hunting so I still have enough until I go for my Dirt Nap.

J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

Shawn,

Thanks for the heads up. My wife was doing some errands and had to go to Walmart for something so she stopped and checked. She got the three box limit. This is the first .22 ammo we've bought in over 2 years. The prices are a bit steep, but considering the situation we decided to grab some.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
Hagler
Senior Levergunner

Post by Hagler »

You, all, are welcome. :D

I, unfortunately, was unable to go to Walmart, today. I am glad that some have been able to get a small supply of this seldom-seen commodity. :o

Shawn
"That's right, Billy, I'm good with it. I hit what I shoot at, and I'm fast!"-Lucas McCain, c1882.
ImageImage
vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Post by vancelw »

Wife and I made a suicide run to WM today at about 2pm. I breezed through the sporting goods and folks were still in line, getting 3 boxes of 100 meted out to them. Almost everyone I heard checking out said something to the effect of, "I don't really need any, but I haven't been able to buy any for almost 2 years so I better get some." That's what has taken so long for the supply to catch up.

I'm a tightwad, so I'll wait for the price to come down. I ordered some stuff from Midway the other day and they "let" me order a box of 325 Auto Match. I sold it on FB today and covered my Midway shipping :D They'll figure out the supply is coming back real soon.

The problem with the bubble bursting, is it has gone on so long that the hoarders/scalpers have made so much money, that eve if they get caught with a bunch on hand, it still won't hurt them now.
"Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world." - Thomas Carlyle
Hagler
Senior Levergunner

Post by Hagler »

...and this:
somebody just posted this on AR15.com. Said this is a 2000 round case and his store had 10+ cases
Notice "Walmart Black Friday Promo", on the label.

Image.

...via:

http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/sh ... p?t=561550

Shawn
ImageImage
vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Post by vancelw »

Yeah, some of the managers don't want to mess with it and just sell it to the first ones who walk in so they can be done with it and turn everyone else away. That attitude has really helped drive other business back to the local guns shops. Good.

My favorite LGS saves ammo back and offers it to those who buy a gun from him
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

This might be the new normal.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

I read this post in time, but didn't make it out to Wally-World on Saturday. Went in with the wife this afternoon, and headed straight for the ammo cabinet, which I always do. Was stunned, literally, to find they still had a dozen 100-count boxes of CCI .22 LR on hand. I bought my three, and a guy who came up after me both his three. Hopefully this is a good sign! :D
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

I got some of that same ammo at Cabela's on Saturday. They were limiting it to 1 box of 100 rds per person, so I bought a box and my wife bought a box. It was going fast, but I do believe things are getting better. Stopped by a little country store on the way home, and they had lots of 22 ammo, normal prices too.
NRA Life Member