Is it just me?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Is it just me?

Post by jeepnik »

Streetstar wrote:I'm 43 (20 years or more some you guys' junior) --- i have some of the same tendencies mainly because i am so distracted with everything else around me if i am trying to do something

Doing something simple to one of my motorcycles i dread, as my phone will ring 4 times during a transmission oil change and filter cleaning -- and i will invariably lose my 8mm T handle wrench, the copper washer for the oil drain plug , and my aerosol air filter oil sometime during the process

Then, i will set down my beer --- when i lose it, i will open another one, only to find the old one 3 hours later when it is hot and skunked out

Many many things are a darn hassle now .

I dont have kids, but i dont even have time to read the latest copy of Sports Illustrateds that arrive in my mailbox like clockwork every week and stack up --------- I used to keep up with a lot of reading -- and i would read a couple of books of some sort per month --- now i'm lucky if i can read a book every 3-4 months or so ------- Just too dang tired at the end of the day

Obviously piddling around on internet forums is much easier though :lol:
Shhh, don't tell, but I have a secret on how to avoid those annoying phone calls when I'm busy. But I'll share it with just you Street. Listen closely, here it is. TURN OFF THE darned PHONE! Works every time.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

RIHMFIRE wrote:what a bunch of old fanny burbs.......
now....what were we talking about...
We were talking????
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

Pete44ru wrote:.

Well.......... At least, now that we are all growed up - we know more words. . ;)

Problem is that we are starting to forget them.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
horsesoldier03
Advanced Levergunner

Post by horsesoldier03 »

I just turned 49 and still feel pretty good. However, my vision up close is going to hell. In the past year I have started having to adjust to wearing reading glasses. I can still do the mechanical and carpentry stuff about as good as I ever could, it does take me longer, but that is only because I cant remember where I laid my dang glasses!!! 8)
“Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.”
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

I had quite an "old age" shock yesterday, a local couple bought a house down the street and a Friend called My son as they had some fill dirt they would deliver free from some excavating they are doing. the Gentleman and His Wife are past 65 and both drive tractor trailer rig's for work.
He was down in a 6' deep hole building footer forms in the mud for a new dining room and His Wife was working in the house as they had completely gutted it. He told me they get up everyday and on the road at 2:00 am, then after a ten hour day they work on these houses to keep busy..... I told my Wife we need an attitude adjustment. maybe were not so old. :oops: .
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

I'm "only" 44, but I wake up every day with something hurting that didn't used to. I do not like going to doctors, but after several months of persistant nagging by my wife, I went for a pretty thorough check up after about a 12 year drought. I'm apparently in good health and the only recommendations my doc made was that I needed to get my heart rate up for 30 minutes a day. I told him about a dozen trips up and down the stairs ought to take care of that. :oops:

I've also noticed that my tolorance for stupidity has taken a nosedive lately, whether it's stupid drivers, rude shoppers at Walmart, or whatever, it really seems to bother me a lot more than it used to. We were in a crowded parking lot waiting paitiently in the drive lane for a family to get in their car and back out of a parking spot the other day, when some a-hole zipped around the corner past us and pushed his way in the parking spot right on the bumper of the exiting car. That was the proverbial straw on that particular day, and I jumped out of my car and went right up to his window and told him exactly what I thought of him. He rolled up his window and told me I better leave or he was going to call the police! I just laughed at him and told him what a great example he was setting for his young children that were in the back seat. :roll:
Last edited by TedH on Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NRA Life Member
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

The same thing happened to Me Ted this spring , only at a crowded restaurant. guy took the spot I was waiting for while a couple placed two kid's in car seats, and I had to park 40 yards further down. My Wife was inside already and didn't know what happened. I came in and confronted the jerk and He says like a smart a** "take it easy man it only a parking spot" I told Him I'd like to punch his stupid face in. My Wife was speechless as were the rest of the people in there. I haven't been mad like that in years.
GonnePhishin
Senior Levergunner

Post by GonnePhishin »

octagon and RIMFIRE
Just reading about all you old fanny burbs is making me feel better!
Best be nice to all of us old fanny burbs son, 'cause you too will git thar' soon enough. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Blaine
His Cub Scout leader would read to them.
G: Good one. Your sense of humor just cracks me up, son. If yer ever up our way be sure to look us up.
"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." - Thomas Jefferson

"I know not what course other men may take, but as for me, Give me Liberty or Give me Death!" - Patrick Henry
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

jeepnik wrote:
Streetstar wrote:I'm 43 (20 years or more some you guys' junior) --- i have some of the same tendencies mainly because i am so distracted with everything else around me if i am trying to do something

Doing something simple to one of my motorcycles i dread, as my phone will ring 4 times during a transmission oil change and filter cleaning -- and i will invariably lose my 8mm T handle wrench, the copper washer for the oil drain plug , and my aerosol air filter oil sometime during the process

Then, i will set down my beer --- when i lose it, i will open another one, only to find the old one 3 hours later when it is hot and skunked out

I dont have kids, but i dont even have time to read the latest copy of Sports Illustrateds that arrive in my mailbox like clockwork every week and stack up --------- I used to keep up with a lot of reading -- and i would read a couple of books of some sort per month --- now i'm lucky if i can read a book every 3-4 months or so ------- Just too dang tired at the end of the day

Shhh, don't tell, but I have a secret on how to avoid those annoying phone calls when I'm busy. But I'll share it with just you Street. Listen closely, here it is. TURN OFF THE darned PHONE! Works every time.
Im cursed (blessed?) with being a small business owner who depends on that wretched thing for livelihood 8 days a week it seems

My idea of a great vacation is to go anywhere, as long as i can leave the phone at home for a few days :D
----- Doug
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

Streetstar wrote:
jeepnik wrote:

Im cursed (blessed?) with being a small business owner who depends on that wretched thing for livelihood 8 days a week it seems

My idea of a great vacation is to go anywhere, as long as i can leave the phone at home for a few days :D
So am I, but there just comes a time when you have to turn it off, if for nothing else than the sake of you sanity.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

To all you younguns, let me explain something to you.......the ago group from 55 on is the last of the Americans who have truly experienced what America is all about.

I hope I'm dead by then but there are a few things you can bet your azz on......

It's just a matter of time before the ragheads drop some kind of a bomb on us.

Women will run Washington with most of them being darkies, just look at First Lady Sasquatch .

The middle class will be a thing of the past as will single family homes, pick up trucks, boats, most guns, and schools that contain kids trying to learn, changing to all mixed up with the offspring of degenerates.

Tax rate with be 75%

Disease will be rampant .......that's already started...nothing good never did come out of Africa.

I'm glad I was born when I was.------6
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

2X22
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 2X22 »

TedH wrote:We were in a crowded parking lot waiting paitiently in the drive lane for a family to get in their car and back out of a parking spot the other day, when some a-hole zipped around the corner past us and pushed his way in the parking spot right on the bumper of the exiting car. That was the proverbial straw on that particular day, and I jumped out of my car and went right up to his window and told him exactly what I thought of him. He rolled up his window and told me I better leave or he was going to call the police! I just laughed at him and told him what a great example he was setting for his young children that were in the back seat. :roll:
I have a way of not having problems with that sort of thing. I find the furthest parking place away and park there. For years my wife complained but I notice now, she does the same thing! Funny thing is, I can park out way away and walk into the store quicker than the chubby gal who waited 5 minutes to park next to the store can. :lol: Usually, she's stopped to rest during her 50' hike inside the door! :mrgreen:
"Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction." - Thomas Jefferson
rossim92
Senior Levergunner

Post by rossim92 »

still going strong at 51 yoa. I have a steady schedule every morning. I poop at five, pee at six and then I wake up at seven!!!!!!!! :shock:
Rossi 92 .357 lever , and a cz pcr 9mm
Henry .22 lever, Remington speedmaster 552 .22 lr
Marlin Glenfield .22 boltaction
gforce 12ga semi
Taylor's Tactical 1911 A1 FS in .45acp
winchester 1873 44.40
Marlin 336W .30.30
beeman sportsman rs2 dual caliber pellet rifle
henry .22 magnum pumpaction/octagon barrel
stag 5.56 m4 with reddot
2X22
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 2X22 »

rossim92 wrote:I poop at five, pee at six and then I wake up at seven!!!!!!!! :shock:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
"Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction." - Thomas Jefferson