Ruger old model blackhawk value ?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
4t5
Senior Levergunner

Ruger old model blackhawk value ?

Post by 4t5 »

I have one 4 5/8" in 41 magnum in excellent condition, and was wondering what it is worth. It is an unaltered 3 screw( no transfer bar), with a box (yellow and black) matches the firearm, however the serial number is written in pen on a white sticker, not sure if that was original or not. I don't see them on the web much and may be parting with it.
Rumble.com/ hickock45
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Re: Ruger old model blackhawk value ?

Post by AJMD429 »

Dunno, but I'd check gunbroker.com and gunsamerica.com and maybe the two ruger forums (I forget which one is 'better' but there are two).

In the end, the price you should ask is whatever the higher-end of the range people will actually offer, and that depends on who you are selling it to and how fast you want to sell it. Somewhere out there is a Ruger Collector who has every model but that specific one, and would pay bunches for it, but if you are just offering it at a small gun show and want to move it quickly, you might not get much since it is "old" (no modern safety), and "in a weird chambering" (41 vs 44).

Unless you're in a hurry, I'd not let it go for less than $750, but I can't say it would actually bring that.

If a buyer hesitates about the 'old' factor, I think Ruger will still install a transfer bar at no cost; not sure if they still return the old parts (they used to).
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

Since Ruger mostly used to mark the SN directly on the box with a white grease pencil, IMO the inked white sticker was most likely applied by a seller to ensure the revolver & the box stayed together.

Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

Collectors are looking for like new guns and those are the ones that bring the big bux. Nice shooter guns like yours will fetch around $600 or maybe a little more unless it was a short run or has a very low s.n. I agree,a search of completed auctions on GunBroker .com should give you a realistic value.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Chuck 100 yd wrote:...a search of completed auctions on GunBroker .com should give you a realistic value.
Good point. You have to register on the sites to get a look at completed auctions, I think, but it is free and worth it.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
cas
Senior Levergunner

Post by cas »

I know where there's one for sale online right now for $450 plus shipping. Don't know for long though.
Slow is just slow.
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 1886 »

In the condition you describe, $650-$750. The ser# written on the box in white is correct. 1886.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

yep.....grease pencils. This 41 OM also has the one year guarantee with the serial number on it.-----6

1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

veeman
Levergunner 2.0

Post by veeman »

I just bought an OM Blackhawk in .357 on Gunbroker for just under $500. Gun is Mint except for some scratches on trigger guard. I know that .41 mags will go for more than .357 because there were less made.
wm
Senior Levergunner

Post by wm »

I have the same revolver in well used but not abused condition and I was offered $600 for mine last summer and the fellah said he would have offered me more if he could have afforded it because they are almost impossible to find to complete a collection.

Good luck with selling yours.

Bill