tang D&T 0.8"... what tang sight fits?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
MacEntyre
Levergunner 3.0

tang D&T 0.8"... what tang sight fits?

Post by MacEntyre »

My old Stevens 425 is D&T on the tang with screws 0.8" center to center. Those two screws are in addition to the tang bolt.

What tang sight will fit that?

I did not measure from the tang bolt to the screw closest to the trigger, but it's just a little short of what is required for a Lyman #2 (Win92).
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Re: tang D&T 0.8"... what tang sight fits?

Post by Pete44ru »

MacEntyre wrote:
My old Stevens 425 is D&T on the tang with screws 0.8" center to center. Those two screws are in addition to the tang bolt.

What tang sight will fit that?

I did not measure from the tang bolt to the screw closest to the trigger, but it's just a little short of what is required for a Lyman #2 (Win92).

IIRC, one of the tang peep sights (I disremember which - Taurus or Marbles) has an elongated/slot-type hole in the base for the front base screw, to accommodate a variety of hole spacing.

MacEntyre
Levergunner 3.0

Post by MacEntyre »

Thanks! I'll look for one like that.
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jnyork »

Call Marble's, they will very likely be able to set you up with just the right sight. Good people to work with.
MacEntyre
Levergunner 3.0

Post by MacEntyre »

jnyork wrote:Call Marble's, they will very likely be able to set you up with just the right sight. Good people to work with.
After the acquisition, and with all their products made in China, they still have good people? That's great! I'll call 'em!
MacEntyre
Levergunner 3.0

Post by MacEntyre »

Sure wish I could find one of these tang sights: