Easter

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
JimT
Shootist

Easter

Post by JimT »

Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Easter

Post by Grizz »

Actually I celebrate the resurrection of Christ from the dead, according to the Scriptures.

Good shooting.

Grizz
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

EasterCanceled.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Grizz wrote:Actually I celebrate the resurrection of Christ from the dead, according to the Scriptures.
Gosh, I thought it was all about jellybeans and rabbit-eggs... :?

Next thing you tell me will be that Christmas ('er, I mean "X-Mas") is not about shopping and buying stuff you don't need for people who you don't care about to show how much you love them... :roll:

Or that Thanksgiving isn't about overeating and watching football. . .
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

The Rabbit Died? Wait, that's another issue... :oops:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
GonnePhishin
Senior Levergunner

Post by GonnePhishin »

Actually I celebrate the resurrection of Christ from the dead, according to the Scriptures.
Yes, Resurrection Sunday 1+
"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." - Thomas Jefferson

"I know not what course other men may take, but as for me, Give me Liberty or Give me Death!" - Patrick Henry
tman
Advanced Levergunner

Post by tman »

Guess I'll put my basket back in the attic :cry:
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

Thank our great GOD in Heaven for the resurrection of my Lord and Saviour!!!!!!!!!!
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

As long as we know the difference, I can't imagine that He would care if his Children celebrated the occasion. :roll: But, that's just me....I don't burn witches anymore, either.

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

I ran over a jack about that size riding my R-50 over Donner Pass in the middle of the night with not a single other vehicle on the road. How long ago was that?

Crazy wabbit kept dodging into the head light, I couldn't get around it. thump-thump. is that why they're called Thumper?

GNite all

Grizz
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

I drove by a house last week that had 2 giant blow up bunnies on either side of the front door. they had giant colored eggs hanging from the trees by pieces of string and an electric flashing sign that read
"Happy Easter." I remember thinking then, it's not about the Easter Bunny, It's about the Easter Lamb.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

Im good with the Jellybeans and Cadbury's Eggs ---- As for the rest ? -- No comment --- we dont have an actual date, just an arbitrary Sunday in late March, early April
----- Doug
7.62 Precision
Senior Levergunner

Post by 7.62 Precision »

BlaineG wrote:....I don't burn witches anymore, either.
It's easy to do if you don't watch out. You have to make sure . . .

. . . oh, I thought you said winches.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

7.62 Precision wrote:

Wincing, here....Wenches, dang ya, wenches....

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
mikld
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mikld »

Exact dates ain't important, it was 2,000 ago! I really don't care if some try to say Christmas was originally a pagan celebration held in the spring, or even the "Conspiracy Theorists" that say the Disciples stole His body. The important thing is the Resurrection did happen and it is why there are Christians...

He has risen...

Cwazy wabbit, Easter is for believers... :mrgreen:
Mike
Vocatus atque non vocatus, Deus aderit...
I've learned how to stand on my own two knees...
tman
Advanced Levergunner

Post by tman »

BlaineG wrote:As long as we know the difference, I can't imagine that He would care if his Children celebrated the occasion. :roll: But, that's just me....I don't burn witches anymore, either.
Am a believer and a huge sinner, but never had the urge to burn witches, IN HIS NAME.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

tman wrote:
BlaineG wrote:As long as we know the difference, I can't imagine that He would care if his Children celebrated the occasion. :roll: But, that's just me....I don't burn witches anymore, either.
Am a believer and a huge sinner, but never had the urge to burn witches, IN HIS NAME.
Well, I've done it again....I need a sarcasm icon....I was referring to Grace as opposed to The Law of the OT. :wink: This forum needs a Prozac injection. :roll: Or, a whole Pelosi-Load of big boy pants....
I'm outta here for a few days.... 8) 8)

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
tman
Advanced Levergunner

Post by tman »

Sorry Blaine, It wasn't ment against you,I picked up on it with everything going on politically right now. And it's Easter week and it seems we use religion to hate and divide, instead of uniting us all. Anyway, A blessed Easter to all.
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

BlaineG wrote:
7.62 Precision wrote:

Wincing, here....Wenches, dang ya, wenches....
Listen... do I have to explain this all over again: I don't understand why folks can't seem to the concept of correct spelling and what it means to the art of communication... You'll watch her wince if you use a winch to wrench your wench away from the witch and up into the seat of your jeep... interchange those all you want... but you'll definitely change the idea you're communicating.

Oh Yeah... HAPPY EASTER, in all it's meanings in all its secular and religious connotations... but stay off the roadways... I have to drive from Texas to North Dakota... :mrgreen: :lol: :lol:
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
mikld
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mikld »

OH BLAIN, don't go! Your wit and wisdom (along with yer puns and sarcasm) would be sorely missed (*sorta tongue-in-cheek, semi-sarcastic, attempt at humor*)...

Mebbe this would work for sarcasm; :roll: or mebbe :o or mebbe we should designate a sarcasm indicator like (*S)?
Mike
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

actually, the date cannot be too much in doubt, the murder of the Lamb was just prior to the start of Passover on the Jewish lunar calendar. It's the perfect time to remember, but . . . .

don't we want to remember The sacrifice and resurrection every day? every time we open our eyes? every time we close them in rest? every time we break bread and quench our thirst? every time we get angry or find ourselves joyful at the splender that surrounds us?

following Christ is a day by day, moment by moment journey to the actual presence of the Lamb

have a joy filled Passover resurrection rememberance

Grizz
mohavesam
Levergunner 2.0

Post by mohavesam »

Actually, I see no harm in the Easter bunny , dyed eggs and the like for small kids. My Pastor once said it's be pretty hard to get a 6-yr old interested in the Easter celebration if all you had to offer was a bloody corpse on a post... Let 'em eat candy!!!

(In Liberalspeak PC fashion, I must apologize if I offend anyone. Don't know why, but I must). :roll:
I'm positive God created the universe... I'm just not convinced He had any choice in the matter.
-A. Einstein
M. M. Wright
Advanced Levergunner

Post by M. M. Wright »

Our church, (Foursquare) celebrated a Seder meal last Sunday night. A true blessing.

May the God of Abraham bless and keep you, may His face shine upon you and give you shaloam.
M. M. Wright, Sheriff, Green county Arkansas (1860)
Currently living my eternal life.
NRA Life
SASS
ITSASS
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

mohavesam wrote:Actually, I see no harm in the Easter bunny , dyed eggs and the like for small kids. My Pastor once said it's be pretty hard to get a 6-yr old interested in the Easter celebration if all you had to offer was a bloody corpse on a post... Let 'em eat candy!!!

(In Liberalspeak PC fashion, I must apologize if I offend anyone. Don't know why, but I must). :roll:
+1

Like most here, we are well aware of what Easter really means. Others respect those of our faith, though they don't share it. Fine gentlemen, almost to a man here. Happy Easter everyone. He has risen!
jd45
Levergunner 3.0

Post by jd45 »

Grizz, I +1 all your replies to this thread, and it was murder, but there's a mystery here, too......Jesus alluded to it when He said, "It was for this reason I was born." jd45
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

A lot of people are happy about Easter celebrations and HAPPY EASTER YA'LL! Enjoy the candy and the eggs and have some for me.

Others celebrate Passover (Pesach) and BLESSINGS TO YA'LL! Papa God worked a great deliverance on that occasion. I want us all to share in it.

And then some of us celebrate RESURRECTION DAY! Woo Hoo!! Git up an DANCE ya'll!! Jesus Lives!!

As they say here "Feliz Páscoa! Jesus ressuscitou!"
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

jd45 wrote:Grizz, I +1 all your replies to this thread, and it was murder, but there's a mystery here, too......Jesus alluded to it when He said, "It was for this reason I was born." jd45
Thank you. Yes He was born to die. I'm fascinated by this aspect of the Book.

Luke 24: 44 Then he said to them, “These are my words that I spoke to you while I was still with you, that everything written about me in the Law of Moses and the Prophets and the Psalms must be fulfilled.” 45 Then he opened their minds to understand the Scriptures, 46 and said to them, “Thus it is written, that the Christ should suffer and on the third day rise from the dead, 47 and that repentance andfn forgiveness of sins should be proclaimed in his name to all nations, beginning from Jerusalem. 48 You are witnesses of these things.

Also Luke 24: 13-35
John 1:45
Act 26:22

This fulfillment of Scripture, Torah, is God's Certificate of Authenticity, with the resurrection proving beyond any sane rational doubt the truth and proof of Scripture.

For an example of the detail of prophecy, Psalm 22 is mind-blowing, written a thousand years in advance of the events it describes.

God providing Messiah's address and personal details so no one could gainsay Jesus as Messiah. Not rationally. Not based on God's own evidence.

Thrilled by the Gospel,

Good Night Y'all
mikld
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mikld »

JimT wrote:A lot of people are happy about Easter celebrations and HAPPY EASTER YA'LL! Enjoy the candy and the eggs and have some for me.

Others celebrate Passover (Pesach) and BLESSINGS TO YA'LL! Papa God worked a great deliverance on that occasion. I want us all to share in it.

And then some of us celebrate RESURRECTION DAY! Woo Hoo!! Git up an DANCE ya'll!! Jesus Lives!!

As they say here "Feliz Páscoa! Jesus ressuscitou!"
AMEN!
Mike
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Jimbo...nice pic.....1988?-----6
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

Ji in Hawaii
Senior Levergunner

Post by Ji in Hawaii »

Also, he took a loaf, gave thanks, broke it, and gave it to them, saying: “This means my body, which is to be given in your behalf. Keep doing this in remembrance of me.”  Also, he did the same with the cup after they had the evening meal, saying: “This cup means the new covenant by virtue of my blood, which is to be poured out in your behalf. Luke 22:19,20

For I received from the Lord what I also handed on to you, that the Lord Jesus on the night on which he was going to be betrayed took a loaf,  and after giving thanks, he broke it and said: “This means my body, which is in your behalf. Keep doing this in remembrance of me.”  He did the same with the cup also, after they had the evening meal, saying: “This cup means the new covenant by virtue of my blood. Keep doing this, whenever you drink it, in remembrance of me.”  For whenever you eat this loaf and drink this cup, you keep proclaiming the death of the Lord, until he comes. I Corinthians 7:23-26

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The origins of Easter are rooted in European traditions. The name Easter comes from a pagan figure called Eastre (or Eostre) who was celebrated as the goddess of spring by the Saxons of Northern Europe. A festival called Eastre was held during the spring equinox by these people to honor her. The goddess Eastre’s earthly symbol was the rabbit, which was also known as a symbol of fertility. Originally, there were some very pagan (and sometimes utterly evil) practices that went along with the celebration. Today, Easter is almost a completely commercialized holiday, with all the focus on Easter eggs and the Easter bunny being remnants of the goddess worship. (http://www.gotquestions.org/easter-origins.html)

 Do not become unevenly yoked with unbelievers. For what fellowship do righteousness and lawlessness have? Or what sharing does light have with darkness? Further, what harmony is there between Christ and Beʹli·al? Or what does a believer share in common with an unbeliever? 2 Corinthians 6:14,15
Illegitimus Non Carborundum
Akā, ʻo ka poʻe hilinaʻi aku iā Iēhova, e ulu hou nō ko lākou ikaika;
E piʻi ʻēheu aku nō lākou i luna, e like me nā ʻaito;
E holo nō lākou, ʻaʻole hoʻi e māloʻeloʻe,
E hele mua nō lākou, ʻaʻole hoʻi e maʻule.
`Isaia 40:31
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

Ji

it is so good to hear from you. how are you? how is your family? how are 'things'?

so glad to see you around

Grizz
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

I am going to celebrate with my church tomorrow. I hope everyone has a good celebration, no matter what way it is. If you want to discuss religion with me, feel free to PM me.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Ji in Hawaii
Senior Levergunner

Post by Ji in Hawaii »

Grizz wrote:Ji

it is so good to hear from you. how are you? how is your family? how are 'things'?

so glad to see you around

Grizz
Aloha Grizz,

Are you back in Alaska living on a boat?

Sorry I haven't posted much here in a while, just haven't been doing much shooting related unless you count shooting the tail feathers off feral pigeons in my backyard with my model 10 Daisy BB levergun real shooting. Family is going great. Me, awaiting approval for a selective nerve root block, and if that don't work then radiofrequency ablation (burning the nerve) but WC insurance being difficult as usual in giving approval. I've pretty much accepted that I have to live with back pain the rest of my life, just hoping for treatment to lessen pain to make everyday chores more tolerable. My vocational rehab counselor recommends early medical retirement which if approved along with social security would amount to $1400 a month about $1000 shy of my current expenses so retirement which would require a move to a more affordable area of country which scares my wife. Weighing my options but secure in the knowledge that putting him first God will provide, he has never let me down yet. I count my blessings daily as they are actually quite numerable with many people way worse off than me.
"So never be anxious and say, ‘What are we to eat?’ or, ‘What are we to drink?’ or, ‘What are we to wear?’  For all these are the things the nations are eagerly pursuing. Your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things.  “Keep on, then, seeking first the Kingdom and his righteousness, and all these other things will be added to you.  So never be anxious about the next day, for the next day will have its own anxieties. Each day has enough of its own troubles."
Matthew 6:31-34

My straight grip, wood stock, open sighted, and currently most used levergun. :lol:
Illegitimus Non Carborundum
Akā, ʻo ka poʻe hilinaʻi aku iā Iēhova, e ulu hou nō ko lākou ikaika;
E piʻi ʻēheu aku nō lākou i luna, e like me nā ʻaito;
E holo nō lākou, ʻaʻole hoʻi e māloʻeloʻe,
E hele mua nō lākou, ʻaʻole hoʻi e maʻule.
`Isaia 40:31
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

Hey Ji

thanks for the update. sorry about the back pain. I live with it too, degrading discs and clicks and klunks and sometimes nauseating pain... I get that.

Love the levergun, it's a classic.

still living in WA state. working on the dory and the AF4 I started for an Alaska commuter. dory is stripped down to skivvies and nearing time to put the double bottom on. I removed the ob well to gain, oh, around a ton of displacement. I put massive cleats on the bottom inside, then two layers of plywood will glue onto the outside, then f'glass to completely waterproof. thinking then about bulkheading off the ends and decking over, and making him into a yuloh assisted sailboat. somewhat along the lines of Johnson's little ship Centennial.

This picture is Howard Blackburn's America, which resembles Centennial.

Except that I would have the cockpit in the center where the hatch is.

Glad to hear your faith is strong and stronger as time goes on, that encourages mine.

Drop me an email address if you would like a dory update picture or two, and tell me if I can send large files.

Best,
Grizz
Homer
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Homer »

JimT wrote:Image
JimT, that looks like one of those canyons outside of Oracle and inside God's Country. Happy Resurrection Day!!!

Oh, and BTW, that bunny fried in olive oil with just a touch of garlic and smothered in grilled onions makes a great Easter feast. :D
"Take everything but the fire." Long Hair in "The Cowboys"
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

mikld wrote:OH BLAIN, don't go! Your wit and wisdom (along with yer puns and sarcasm) would be sorely missed (*sorta tongue-in-cheek, semi-sarcastic, attempt at humor*)...

Mebbe this would work for sarcasm; :roll: or mebbe :o or mebbe we should designate a sarcasm indicator like (*S)?
:wink: Bless Your Heart :P

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV