POLITICS - RKBA vs Free Speech canard

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

POLITICS - RKBA vs Free Speech canard

Post by Old Ironsights »

The next time someone tells you that we MUST have regulations on RKBA because, you know, we don't let people "yell Fire! in a crowded theater", consider this:

We don't take away or restrict an individual's MEANS or ABILITY to use his R2FS for ANY reason - no matter what they have done or said.

Why do people think the RKBA should be held to adifferent standard? :?

When we start burning out the tongues of people for committing Slander or "yelling Fire! in a crowded theater", then and only then will the analogy be apropos. :shock:
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

I've been trying to make this point for years. Falls on deaf ears. If you ask a lib how he'd like his rights to free speech to be treated exactly the way that my rights to carry my guns around you get cross-eyed confusion and then "no way".

Apparently we aren't in a classless society yet, eh?

What I hate is that the supremes have yet to connect those dots. And that's exactly what they're paid to do.

AAAAAAAaaaarrrrrrgggggggpppphhtt
Jeeps
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Jeeps »

Like I've said before, if a vicious felon who just got out after 15 years in the
tank wants a gun....he is getting a gun.

I would rather walk into my local gunshop and have someone say "Hey, yaknow
that guy that just got outa the clink? He just stopped in and bought a shotgun."

Rather than finding out that he bought one illegally in downtown Troy after
he shot someone or showed up at my house with it.

I know neither one tickles people pink, but I would rather make sure a law abiding
citizen can have access to a weapon for self defense without leaping through
hoops and have to go through a "waiting period" to protect themselves.
Or if "sullivan" doesn't like his kind he is not allowed to protect himself. :x
Jeeps

Semper Fidelis

Pay attention to YOUR Bill of Rights, in this day and age it is all we have.
Paco
Site Owner

Post by Paco »

:roll: I HAVE NEVER UNDERSTOOD THAT THE LIBS BELIEVE IN THE 1st AMENDMENT OF FREE SPEECH... BUT THE SECND AMENDMENT IS FALSE TO THEM.. THAT IT HAS TO BE LOOKED AT WITH A NEW VIEW TO THE PROBLEMS OF THE COUNTRY.. WELL SINCE EVERYWHERE HANDGUNS ARE ALLOWED TO BE CARRIED CONCEALED CRIME HAS GONE DOWN, THE NEW VIEW SHOULD BE THE AREAS THAT HAVE RESTRICTIVE LAWS AND CHANGE THEM....
LETS FACE IT... IT'S NOT ABOUT GUNS... IT'S ABOUT POWER AND COLLECTING MONEY FROM PEOPLE WHO SUPPORT THE LIBS ANTI GUN B.S. ....MRS. BRADY COLLECTS A QUARTER OF A MILLION DOLLARS IN PAY EACH YEAR AND HER HUSBAND WHO DOES NOTHING GETS ANOTHER 100,000..... ALL FROM POOR FOOLS WHO DON'T KNOW THE TRUTH....
THE SAME WITH THE GREENIES AND OTHER RADICAL ORGANIZATIONS... MONEY AND POWER.....PACO :x
PACO/OWNER
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Spot on OI!
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

Sad thing is, I've seen Pro Gun people use that "Fire in a Theater" thing when discussing stuff like:

NICS
GCA '68 "Prohibited Persons"
(responsible) Children

etc. :(
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!