44 AMP

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
cshold
Advanced Levergunner

44 AMP

Post by cshold »

AJMD429
Posting leader...

Re: 44 AMP

Post by AJMD429 »

I gotz me a Desert Eagle in 44 Mag, but I have to admit, the 'AMP' is kinda cooler... 8)

Still, there's nothing quite like a Ruger Redhawk in 44 Mag, or a Freedom Arms in 454 Casull... 8)

I love it when humans push technologic limits... 8)
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

I can just hear Clint Eastwood: "Go ahead punk, make my day!"
He used an automag in Sudden Impact, I think.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Hagler
Senior Levergunner

Post by Hagler »

piller,

http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Sudden_Impact
After being attacked by a group of mob assassins, Insp. Callahan (Clint Eastwood) is inspired to take out his old pistol, an AMP Auto Mag Model 180 chambered in .44 AMP. When his Smith & Wesson Model 29 is kicked off of a dock by Mick (Paul Drake), he replaces it with his Auto Mag for the remainder of the film. Much like the S&W Model 29 in the first film, the production crew had a very difficult time acquiring this gun, to the point where they had to contact the original designer, who had enough parts in his basement to build two guns for the film. The first was left in live firing mode so Eastwood could shoot it and accurately depict recoil while the second was converted to fire blanks for the film. The gun's serial numbers were "Clint1" and "Clint2".

Shawn
"That's right, Billy, I'm good with it. I hit what I shoot at, and I'm fast!"-Lucas McCain, c1882.
ImageImage
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

extremely rare and worth 2 to 3 gs
that one is worth a few more $$s I bet

They can "remove the finger prints" :wink:
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

We had a couple fellows around here that used them for IHMSA about 25 years ago and seems to me they said the guns would beat themselves to death going back into battery . But bear in mind these fellows shot the guns several hundred rounds almost each week from early spring until late fall .
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
Malamute
Member Emeritus

Post by Malamute »

Very classy old Auto Mag. :D

I recall reading about them when they were first being built. In testing, they didnt have any grip panels made yet, but shot it without them, without any pain. A gun with both 357 and 44 barrels would be fun.
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat." -Theodore Roosevelt-

Isnt it amazing how many people post without reading the thread?
elmo123
Levergunner 2.0

Post by elmo123 »

When I was a kid about 12 years old the local Optimists club put on a gun safety course for the kids at the local police range. One of the instructors who looked like George Nonte had an Automag in the case with both sets of barrels, 357 & 44. I was in awe when he opened the lid to the case. This guy provided all of the guns for the class and he had other ones but I will always remember the Automag.
1894c

Post by 1894c »

I always like that auto...would be great fun to shoot... :)
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !