Berry time

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
hondo1892
Senior Levergunner

Berry time

Post by hondo1892 »

Black raspberries are getting ripe around my place now. Picked about a quart of them today. My daughter and I both love these things. I think they are the best tasting berry for eating raw.
I have never planted any just pick the wild ones that grow around my house. We never get as many as we would like. Next month the blackberries will get ripe and I pick them by the gallon some years. But they are bigger berries and we have more plants growing wild also. I found some hillbilly banana's(paw paws) while picking berries today. Now I just have to keep the coons and possoms away from them until they get ripe. It's nice having so many tasty wild plants around. Here's one of the boxes of berries I picked today.
Marvin S
Levergunner 3.0

Re: Berry time

Post by Marvin S »

My black cap raspberries are starting to show some color here in NE KS. They are wild ones that I have helped spread. Looking foward to them as well as the black berries.
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

Yep - June's when the berries on the Mulberry tree in my door yard ripen, turning dark red & fall to the ground if I don't get out there and pick them.

(Actually, I spread an old bed sheet beneath the branches & shake the tree, if you will)

We (including neighbors who hopefully absorb a LOT) like them, stemmed, in our breakfast cereal.

wecsoger
Senior Levergunner

Post by wecsoger »

Blackberries, home-made biscuits and real butter in the morning, very few things much better. With a big glass of cold milk.

Nothing like eating something you know where it came from.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Salmon berries around here...if you can get to them before the birds, bears, and other critters.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
walks with gun
Levergunner 3.0

Post by walks with gun »

Salmon berries, I've never heard of those before, sounds kinda like Dingle berries.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

walks with gun wrote:Salmon berries, I've never heard of those before, sounds kinda like Dingle berries.
Honest :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV