Have not posted in a while. Could use some help.

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
7.62 Precision
Senior Levergunner

Have not posted in a while. Could use some help.

Post by 7.62 Precision »

As some of you know, we have been going through some rough times in a lot of ways. A lot of work done that we never got paid for, agreements broken, many thousands of dollars of expected income that we will never see, many months of work that we will never be paid for, trouble getting financing on a house we bought, etc. We had a hard winter financially, and the summer has not been much better, between trying to pay for a house, trying other options for financing, while working on paying the house off in a year if financing does not come through. We only owe $60 now, plus interest, but if I do not get financing, that and the interest has to be paid by October. Family issues have taken me away from work, and I am currently in AZ with my family and my wife's parents. Our company is still up and running, but undergoing a transition as agreements with a supplier were not honored, and our sales were decimated as a result.

I could use prayers for my family, my wife especially, and our finances.

I need to find income. If any of you know of anyone who can use graphic design work, or who has printing done, I would appreciate contact info or a referral. I have worked as a graphic artist since 1998, running prepress departments in printing companies in several states and in New Zealand, building and running a publishing company for a college, doing in-house design for firearms industry companies, and running a design agency.

I can offer high-quality printing for organizations anywhere in the US at extremely competitive prices, and it would be really advantageous for me to be able to quote on printing for anyone who needs any kind of printing.

I have worked in marketing in the firearms industry since 2006.

I have been writing professionally for many years, and in the firearms industry specifically since 2007.

If anyone knows of any company that can use these skills, please let me know. These are all things I can do from anywhere for a company in any location, and I don't need to be an employee, but can offer contract work. They are also things I can do while still having time to take care of my children. I do have plans that I am implementing, that I think you guys will be really interested in, but they will take time to really start paying off and I need immediate income. At this point, I just sold an article for enough money to pay a couple of bills, and then I have to figure out how to make some more money, as I have none.

I also have a stock of holsters (just under $100,000 retail value) that I need to get rid of. I am willing to sell them well under what they are worth at distributor pricing, so if anyone has any ideas who might want a stock of holsters like that, something at a price that they could be blown out well under market price while still selling at really good margins for the seller, let me know. I also have hundreds of AR magazines.

Someday I will post an article about the effects of a traumatic brain injury, and how much of what I am experiencing now is the result of handling those effects wrong, and without any support or help in knowing what to expect or how to handle it. Right now, I am working on trying to write articles that pay!
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Have not posted in a while. Could use some help.

Post by Nath »

Sincere best wishes sir. Your wife also. Something will turn up I am sure.

Nath.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Prayers up for you and your wife, it sure sounds like you have taken quite a knock but you ain't down for the count.
I hope some business comes your way real soon.
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Tycer »

Prayers up. I will pass this info along.
Kind regards,
Tycer
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - https://peakprosperity.com/ - http://www.guntalk.com
earlmck
Advanced Levergunner

Post by earlmck »

Ouch! No wonder we hadn't heard from you in a while, 7.62. Good thoughts coming your way from Oregon. And looks like you are on the right track-- reaching out and "networking" and working!
The greatest patriot...
is he who heals the most gullies.
Patrick Henry
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

earlmck wrote:Ouch! No wonder we hadn't heard from you in a while, 7.62. Good thoughts coming your way from Oregon. And looks like you are on the right track-- reaching out and "networking" and working!
+1. Prayers up.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
M. M. Wright
Advanced Levergunner

Post by M. M. Wright »

Prayers up man. I don't know of anything but will keep my ear to the ground.
M. M. Wright, Sheriff, Green county Arkansas (1860)
Currently living my eternal life.
NRA Life
SASS
ITSASS
zzr7ky
Levergunner 1.0

Post by zzr7ky »

Prayers go up for you & yours.

Mike P
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Prayers for your success, Sir.

(Boeing might be a place to look....they have lots of computer-type gigs that people work from home)
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

Prayers up for your quick turn around friend.
plowboy 45
Senior Levergunner

Post by plowboy 45 »

Sorry to hear all this
Will say a prayer
Ill go to the gunshow this weekend and tell a couple fellers about your stuff, one in particular does the AR thing and supplies a lot of law enforcement
Hey better yet the name of one fellers place is smithsspeedshop look it up on your computer it'll have his ph# address
and all contact info it'll be Purvis Mississippi, rock hill road, can't make you no promises, but he does a big business
Hope this will help you, and good luck, oh his first name is mike
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Prayers up for sure. I am very sorry to hear this. :(
GonnePhishin
Senior Levergunner

Post by GonnePhishin »

Prayers offered up, sir....
"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." - Thomas Jefferson

"I know not what course other men may take, but as for me, Give me Liberty or Give me Death!" - Patrick Henry
MrMurphy
Senior Levergunner

Post by MrMurphy »

On the writing front, if you've been writing professionally, might want to consider a couple articles for the survival-type magazines.

You know ARs, and you know real-world survival against large angry critters in Alaska as well as other game animals for hunting. An article on what calibers do what, to what animals (from real world experience), etc might do well.

RECOIL, SWAT or a few of the "off the grid" magazines would probably take them.

I'm currently strapped for cash as well due to similar circumstances or I'd take 5 or 10 AR mags off your hands.
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

Prayers up. I've been wondering about you. Sorry to hear about the hard times.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
7.62 Precision
Senior Levergunner

Post by 7.62 Precision »

MrMurphy wrote: RECOIL, SWAT or a few of the "off the grid" magazines would probably take them.
I have been writing for several publications, but not for pay. I am currently writing for SHWAT - you guys should check it out and subscribe to the newsletter, too: http://shwat.com Oh,and sign up for the giveaways, they have some good ones.

I have a ton of good contacts with all the magazines, and with all the top writers, but the problem is that the industry is saturated with poor to mediocre writers who want to be gun writers, and it is hard to get noticed through the clutter. As you mentioned, some of the smaller mags are a good option. Unfortunately it does not pay too well, but it can keep some money coming in, which is the main thing.
7.62 Precision
Senior Levergunner

Post by 7.62 Precision »

The printing is the big thing. I have the ability to offer top quality printing and can generally ship to anywhere in the country for prices that are very competitive with local prices, and a turnaround time even with shipping that is also as good or better than local printers, so if I can pull in some printing accounts, this would make a huge difference for me.

This was something I have been limiting myself on, as I was putting all my effort into working for a company that was not treating me right as far as pay went, but due to a brain injury, I was not looking at things correctly, and felt that there was much I could not do anymore. I was wrong, but could not see it, and i have just been figuring it out over the last year. It is like when you navigate in an area in the dark, and then the sun rises and you realize that everything is nothing like what you thought it was.
firefuzz
Senior Levergunner

Post by firefuzz »

Prayers and PM sent.

Rob
Proud to be Christian American and not ashamed of being white.

May your rifle always shoot straight, your mag never run dry, you always have one more round than you have adversaries, and your good mate always be there to watch your back.

Because I can!

Never grow a wishbone where a backbone ought to be.
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

prayers up. my neighbor is a broker for printing up material and is doing self taught web design work. I will mention you to him to see if he has any work that needs quoting. I know he has transitioned into web design for much of his income. Praying brother
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Prayers sent.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
slimster
Levergunner 3.0

Post by slimster »

You got my prayers added too!
BenT
Advanced Levergunner

Post by BenT »

I was in the printing industry for 30 years until last August. Sorry, I no longer have any contacts to check for you. But I do know a guy with your skill sets shouldn't have a problem finding a job. Not sure how the printing industry is doing this year. I don't miss it.

We like your company around here , so keep us updated on how things are going.
jdad
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jdad »

Hang in there. You have skills, smarts, & tenacity. It will eventually work out.
I know a whole lot about very little and nothing about a whole lot.
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

Prayers Up.
Mike Hunter
Member Emeritus

Post by Mike Hunter »

Some thoughts:

Consider self-publishing, Joe Radocy use to have those takedown guides. I don’t believe that he is publishing them anymore.
If you have printing capability do you have publishing capability, if so, offer that, anyone that got a B+ on their 8th grade essay wants to be published. Advertise in books stores

The holsters and mags, EBay is your friend, put them on there for 1 cent, you may be surprised what they will be bid up to.
7.62 Precision
Senior Levergunner

Post by 7.62 Precision »

Self-publishing is in the plans, but a little more long term. I have helped a number of clients self-publihs and have good resources in that area.

Problem with the holsters on ebay, gun broker, etc., is the amount of time and effort required. We have hundreds of different holster models in stock, for all kinds of different pistols. The investment in time would be immense.
Mike Hunter
Member Emeritus

Post by Mike Hunter »

Are you on LinkedIn? You were former military, do you have an active Security Clearance? If so, get on Clearance Jobs.

To supplement my income I provide "Head Hunting" services to several contractors supporting the Military. The firs place I looked for qualified folks was Clearance Jobs.
7.62 Precision
Senior Levergunner

Post by 7.62 Precision »

Did have TS, but I'm sure it is no longer active by now. I'm not on LinkedIn right now.

Background checks are not problem, on the other hand - I have several firearms and explosives licenses that require them, including federal of both.