one lonely gun cabinet slot.

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
rossim92
Senior Levergunner

one lonely gun cabinet slot.

Post by rossim92 »

I have one empty slot in my gun cabinet, Holds eight long guns total. I have decided on getting a henry .22 wmr pump action. Been wanting one for about two years , I think they are pretty neat rifles. hard to believe they actually shot these type of rifles at the gallery booth at traveling carnivals about forty years ago. My son -in-law bought a used one. now I really want one. been saving my mad money and looking forward to getting one in about two months from now. Anyone have any experience with these? used ones are hard to find around here. rather have a new one or buy a used one from a private owner. My local gun shop can get one for me. I already have a henry .22 lr lever. want the pump to go with my revolver which shoots both the lr and magnum.
Rossi 92 .357 lever , and a cz pcr 9mm
Henry .22 lever, Remington speedmaster 552 .22 lr
Marlin Glenfield .22 boltaction
gforce 12ga semi
Taylor's Tactical 1911 A1 FS in .45acp
winchester 1873 44.40
Marlin 336W .30.30
beeman sportsman rs2 dual caliber pellet rifle
henry .22 magnum pumpaction/octagon barrel
stag 5.56 m4 with reddot
M. M. Wright
Advanced Levergunner

Re: one lonely gun cabinet slot.

Post by M. M. Wright »

No experience with the Henry but I have a Rossi pump in 22LR. Sweet little rifle, accurate and a pleasure to carry and shoot.
M. M. Wright, Sheriff, Green county Arkansas (1860)
Currently living my eternal life.
NRA Life
SASS
ITSASS
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

There is a lot of info on Henry pumps on the Henry forum on Rimfire Central.com , some have had a few problems over the years, I think Henry have it sorted now .
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
David
Levergunner 3.0

Post by David »

Just for the record, all the gallery's shoot shorts...
Most common in the "old" days were the Remington model 12.
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

gamekeeper wrote:
There is a lot of info on Henry pumps, some have had a few problems over the years, I think Henry have it sorted now .

Henry stopped production of the .22 Mag pumpguns 4-5 years ago, because of numerous warranty/returns; then must have re-engineered something, because after a year or so, Henry re-started production of the .22Mag pumpguns.

IOW, don't buy a used Henry .22 Mag pump - because it might have come from the early/problematic years.

rossim92
Senior Levergunner

Post by rossim92 »

thanks for the advice. An old adage ,if you buy used you buy other other people's problems. Tha's why I try to buy new. :wink:
gforce 12ga semi
winchester 1873 44.40
Marlin 336W .30.30
stag 5.56 m4 with reddot
David
Levergunner 3.0

Post by David »

rossim92 wrote:thanks for the advice. An old adage ,if you buy used you buy other other people's problems. Tha's why I try to buy new. :wink:
I noticed the signature you have a beeman, I HAD a original Remington BB gun, the first variation with the finished blue vs the later painted version (both quite rare) until someone offered me $2,200 for it!
rossim92
Senior Levergunner

Post by rossim92 »

David wrote:
rossim92 wrote:thanks for the advice. An old adage ,if you buy used you buy other other people's problems. Tha's why I try to buy new. :wink:
I noticed the signature you have a beeman, I HAD a original Remington BB gun, the first variation with the finished blue vs the later painted version (both quite rare) until someone offered me $2,200 for it!
I bought the beeman new about two years ago, has interchangable barrels for the .22 and .177 pellet, A nasty airgun for the bucks.
gforce 12ga semi
winchester 1873 44.40
Marlin 336W .30.30
stag 5.56 m4 with reddot
David
Levergunner 3.0

Post by David »

rossim92 wrote:
David wrote:
I bought the beeman new about two years ago, has interchangable barrels for the .22 and .177 pellet, A nasty airgun for the bucks.
I've debated getting a bb gun to shoot but the weirdest thing I got this broken 22 rifle that just doesn't make any noise, I thought about bringing it to the gunsmith but haven't found the time....
2X22
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 2X22 »

rossim92 wrote:I have one empty slot in my gun cabinet, Holds eight long guns total.
Sounds like you need a bigger gun cabinet! :wink:
"Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction." - Thomas Jefferson