NEW WESTERN ....and there is more ...UPDATE

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

NEW WESTERN ....and there is more ...UPDATE

Post by RIHMFIRE »

NEW WESTERN WITH KURT RUSSEL .....CALLED BONE TOMAHAWK
http://movieweb.com/bone-tomahawk-trailer/

LOOKS INTERESTING.....I LIKE KURT AND MOST OF HIS WORK...I HOPE THIS IS AS GOOD AS TOMBSTONE

UPDATE ........He also is starring in another western call the Hateful Eight due out this Christmas
In post-Civil War Wyoming, bounty hunters try to find shelter during a blizzard but get involved in a plot of betrayal and deception. Will they survive?
Last edited by RIHMFIRE on Wed Oct 14, 2015 7:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
Lassiter
Levergunner 2.0

Re: NEW WESTERN

Post by Lassiter »

Looks like it might be pretty good!
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

That does look promising! :D
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

Kurt Russell has gotten old. I remember him as a child actor.

:o Eeeee GADS! What does that make me???? Don't answer that.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Ysabel Kid wrote:That does look promising! :D
+ one :D
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
Les Staley
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Les Staley »

I'm hesitant to mention this cause you'll know just how old I really am, but, wasn't he on Micky Mouse club as one of the last mousecateers? Black and white TV at its best.
This is plagiarized from someone else, but I love it!

I was born a gun owner.
It wasn't a choice.
I didn't become one later in life.
I was born this way.
JohndeFresno
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JohndeFresno »

Thanks, Rihmfire.
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Les Staley wrote:I'm hesitant to mention this cause you'll know just how old I really am, but, wasn't he on Micky Mouse club as one of the last mousecateers? Black and white TV at its best.
No. The Mickey Mouse Club Members, but thanks for lettin' us know how old you are... :P :P BTW, you ain't likely the ONLY one to remember the show and several of the cast members... :oops: Even tho' I'm only in my late 20s!!!
Last edited by Griff on Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
bigbore442001
Levergunner 3.0

Post by bigbore442001 »

I believe Kurt Russell started out as a kid in some kind of Grade B sci fi movie.

In all honesty, I do want to see it. My wife commented that there seems to be a spate of movies with a cannibal theme as of late. Ironically, down the road is the original Eddy family farmstead. Part of that family were survivors of the Donner Party.
Panzercat
Levergunner 3.0

Re: NEW WESTERN ....and there is more ...UPDATE

Post by Panzercat »

Hateful Eight is another Quentin Tarantino movie... As such, I think it will bear only the slightest resemblance to a western.
And for giggles, How To Make A TARANTINO Film In 7 Minutes Or Less

I might not be a fan :p
...Proud owner of the 11.43×23mm automatic using depleted Thorium rounds.
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

I generally despise Tarantino, but this oater has some great character actors in it, including Tim Roth and Bruce Dern.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Griff wrote:
Les Staley wrote:I'm hesitant to mention this cause you'll know just how old I really am, but, wasn't he on Micky Mouse club as one of the last mousecateers? Black and white TV at its best.
No. the Mickey Mouse Club Members, but thanks for lettin' us know how old you are... :P :P BTW, you ain't likely the ONLY one to remember the show and serval of the cast members... :oops: Even tho' I'm only in my late 20s!!!
Dog years :lol:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Ben_Rumson
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ben_Rumson »

R.I.P. Yesterday I saw that the kid actor Kevin Corcoran from Old Yeller has died @ 66y/o
"IT IS MY OPINION, AND I AM CORRECT SO DON'T ARGUE, THE 99 SAVAGE IS THE FINEST RIFLE EVER MADE IN AMERICA."
WIL TERRY
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Griff wrote:Even tho' I'm only in my late 20s!!!
:shock: :lol:
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Well... saw "Bone Tomahawk" at Wal-Mart and picked up the Blu-Ray version. It's a disturbing movie, with plenty of violence, quite gruesome in its depiction. But, overall, it was a good movie. I found it interesting that it was filmed in just 21 days, no computer generated graphics, just good ol' fashioned special affects and make-up. The good guys are clearly shown, the not-so-good guys are also clearly depicted, the bad guys are not questionable, either.

Wife sat thru it, and its gruesome scenes, and although she's not squeamish, she found it was disturbing also. Not for young children. Nor for teenagers either, IMO. Even on the "small"(?) 48" screen, it seemed to fill the room. A bigger screen wouldn't help it much. A lot of scenes were small in scale, although there was plenty of the wide open space around the scene.

Not a flick for a date... unless she likes being horrified! I've read of one review that said, "it's not a western"... but, yep it is.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

AND... I'm over it!!
JohndeFresno
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JohndeFresno »

Ex-peace officer with several honest, dedicated relatives in police work.

Will never see another Tarantino movie.
Malamute
Member Emeritus

Post by Malamute »

Griff wrote:Well... saw "Bone Tomahawk" at Wal-Mart and picked up the Blu-Ray version. It's a disturbing movie, with plenty of violence, quite gruesome in its depiction....

I saw a clip with a couple of the disturbing scenes. Yes, pretty gruesome. Wont spoil it unless somebody wants to know in a PM.
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat." -Theodore Roosevelt-

Isnt it amazing how many people post without reading the thread?
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

JohndeFresno wrote:Ex-peace officer with several honest, dedicated relatives in police work.

"Bone Tomahawk" is not a Tarantino movie. In fact, it casts the old west Sheriff and his faithful Deputy in a good light.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

AND... I'm over it!!
JohndeFresno
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JohndeFresno »

Griff wrote: "Bone Tomahawk" is not a Tarantino movie. In fact, it casts the old west Sheriff and his faithful Deputy in a good light.
"UPDATE ........He also is starring in another western call the Hateful Eight due out this Christmas..."

Hateful Eight is directed by TerrorTino.
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

JohndeFresno wrote:
Griff wrote: "Bone Tomahawk" is not a Tarantino movie. In fact, it casts the old west Sheriff and his faithful Deputy in a good light.
"UPDATE ........He also is starring in another western call the Hateful Eight due out this Christmas..."

Hateful Eight is directed by TerrorTino.
Quite right. The reason I watched this'n & not that one.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

AND... I'm over it!!
Lassiter
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Lassiter »

JohndeFresno wrote:Ex-peace officer with several honest, dedicated relatives in police work.

^^^^^^^^^ What JohndeFresno said^^^^^^^^^
Daisyman
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Daisyman »

Griff wrote:
No. The Mickey Mouse Club Members, but thanks for lettin' us know how old you are... :P :P BTW, you ain't likely the ONLY one to remember the show and several of the cast members... :oops: Even tho' I'm only in my late 20s!!!
Uhm, would that be the 1920's?? :lol: :lol: I can't talk, I remember them, too. :wink:
gak
Senior Levergunner

Post by gak »

Have felt the same about a lot of Tarentino films, but this one (Hateful Eight) was interesting--and of course disturbing in spots. Also not for the squeamish, but also lots of twists for those that like them. Scenery and cinematography second to none.- most beautiful part of the country - the San Juan range in SW Colorado near Telluride. You may recognize the scenery from the 80s-90s Coors commercials--the region chosen for good reason..Mt Wilson center stage the prettiest of the Rockies in my opinion. I think this is the one where Tarentino pulled out all stops and located rare, good ol' 70mm to shoot it and it shows. No CGI stuff here either. By the way, filmed just over the mountain--maybe ten miles as the crow flies--south of where the first True Grit was filmed by the Dallas Divide and Ridgway on the slopes of the Sneffels Range.
Another western out this past weekend starring Natalie Portman as the central figure seeking revenge. Looking forward to that for the scenery as well :) :)