*OT* Gunshot Victim Survives

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Blaine
Posting leader...

*OT* Gunshot Victim Survives

Post by Blaine »

GUN SHOT SURVIVOR

How's this for a gunshot survivor...

Linda Burnett , 23, a resident of San Diego , was visiting her in-laws and while there went to a nearby supermarket to pick up some groceries. Several people noticed her sitting in her car with the windows rolled up and with her eyes closed, with both hands behind the back of her head.

One customer who had been at the store for a while became concerned and walked over to the car. He noticed that Linda¢s eyes were now open, and she looked very strange. He asked her if she was okay, and Linda replied that she had been shot in the back of the head, and had been holding her brains in for over an hour. The man called the paramedics, who broke into the car because the doors were locked and Linda refused to remove her hands from her head. When they finally got in, they found that Linda had a wad of bread dough on the back of her head.
A Pillsbury biscuit canister had exploded from the heat, making a loud noise that sounded like a gunshot, and the wad of dough hit her in the back of her head.
When she reached back to find out what it was, she felt the dough and thought it was her brains. She initially passed out, but quickly recovered.

Linda is a blonde and a Democrat, and an Obama supporter, but that could be irrelevant.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
meanc
Levergunner 3.0

Post by meanc »

That was hillarious !!!! True or not, that's one of the funniest things I've heard in a long time. :mrgreen:
...and I don't think he even knows it...Walks around with a half-assed grin...If he feels fear, he don't show it. Just rides into hell and back again.
JReed
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JReed »

I had read this before. Its just as funny every time I read it.
Jeremy
GySgt USMC Ret

To err is human, To forgive is devine, Neither of which is Marine Corps policy
Semper Fidelis
El Chivo
Advanced Levergunner

Post by El Chivo »

probably not far off on the composition of her brains...
"I'll tell you what living is. You get up when you feel like it. You fry yourself some eggs. You see what kind of a day it is."
Noah Zark
Senior Levergunner

Post by Noah Zark »

Mythbusters investigated this one, the inside of the car had to hit greater than 140F in order for ""Poppin Fresh" to do his thing.

Noah
Might as well face it, you're addicted to guns . . .
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Noah Zark wrote:Mythbusters investigated this one, the inside of the car had to hit greater than 140F in order for ""Poppin Fresh" to do his thing.

Noah
Nothing like a few facts to mess up a good story......
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

JReed wrote:I had read this before. Its just as funny every time I read it.
+1 :D But she was a Clinton supporter in that one!

Half a dozen of one, six of the other!
Jaguarundi
Senior Levergunner

Post by Jaguarundi »

AHH another recipie for Bama "Cats Head Bisquit" :lol: !Stawberry Jam anyone? :lol:
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not."
horsesoldier03
Advanced Levergunner

Post by horsesoldier03 »

Noah Zark wrote:Mythbusters investigated this one, the inside of the car had to hit greater than 140F in order for ""Poppin Fresh" to do his thing.

Noah
Mythbusters would be wrong on that statement in my opinion. I used to work for Safeway Grocery Store back in my high school days. I seen bisquits explode and get quite a bit of distance from the POE.
dr walker
Senior Levergunner

Post by dr walker »

Thats just too funny.
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

horsesoldier03 wrote:

Noah
Mythbusters would be wrong on that statement in my opinion. I used to work for Safeway Grocery Store back in my high school days. I seen bisquits explode and get quite a bit of distance from the POE.
They fail to account for all variables such as in this case where they failed to measure the time the tube of dough had been unrefrigerated and the brand. The composition of the dough including sugar and yeast levels, length of exposure to warmth AND heat in the car as well as tube construction could all contribute to differences in ballistic performance. :wink:
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
Pisgah
Senior Levergunner

Post by Pisgah »

Yeah, that one was funny even when I first heard it about 20 years ago...