POLITICS - In Pa., We Are Fighting Back!

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

POLITICS - In Pa., We Are Fighting Back!

Post by Sixgun »

As most of you have heard, Philadelphia passed new gun laws that pre-empted state law. Illegal, illegal, illegal. The mayor and his office are just like the inhabitants in disregarding all laws. Retail firearms dealers and the NRA filed suit against the city and we won an injunction.

I don't know if any of you saw the debate last night, but Hillary and Obama really skirted the issue when they were asked about gun control, other than to say that cities should be "empowered to make their own gunlaws". I say they need more animal control.----------Sixgun

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?secti ... id=6086841
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

I was glad to read that the injunction was already granted. I also heard that the city's district attorney stated she would not enforce the law as it was illegal, going against state law. That took some guts. Glad to see some people actually follow the law.

But heck, we all know you all just cling to your guns because you are bitter. Obama said so! :roll:
homefront
Levergunner 3.0

Post by homefront »

"People have to know how to behave. They really do," Cutler Greenspan said. "I'm just trying to maintain the status quo for a very short time.

"Hopefully," she added, half under her breath, "nobody will be shot with a gun purchased (in the next few weeks)."

Well, we know where the judge stands. :x
MikeS.
Levergunner 3.0

Post by MikeS. »

If the Governor of Pa had any testicles he'd have sent the state police to arrest the mayor and any council member that voted for that law. They knew full well that they were breaking the law. They are no different then the scum that robbed the 7-11 for drug money.
MikeS.

Master Mason
Worshipful Master of Triluminar Lodge 117
Jefferson county, WV.
Bluehawk
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Bluehawk »

Sixgun
Jack the REAL interesting thing about this injunction is that the DA Lynn Abraham A STAUNCH DEMOCRAT AND ANTI GUN PERSON actualy came out and told the mayro that her office would NOT enforce that law because it was NOT LEGAL it supercedes state law and there fore is not enforceable .
I have never liked her politics but she has always been an honest and responsible person . It took guts to oppose someone in her own party to say she would do the right thing I support her .
Just like AS A STRONG REPUBLICAN AND CONSERVATIVE I do NOT support Arlon Spectre who is HORRIBLE in his record of what he has NOT done for the people and what he HAs done against them Just read the Warren commission report
The law will be eventualy declared unlawful BUT that will be OK for the Democrats who will wring their hands and then cry real tears saying WE TRIED TO HELP YOU PEOPLE ! WE DID OUR BEST !!! ITS THOSE BAD PEOPLE WHO ARE REPBULICANS WHO MADE YOU UNSAFE They will turn it aorund to make them selves look like martyrs .
The right way is always the hardest. It's like the law of nature , water always takes the path of least resistence...... That's why we get crooked rivers and crooked men . TR Theodore the Great
brucew44guns
Senior Levergunner

gun laws

Post by brucew44guns »

Just another case of small minded "little" people who want POWER, they do these things ( I am convinced) because someone higher up offers them status, money, power, prestige, or some other goodies. Do we ever hear these type mayors or officials swear to skin alive anyone who uses a gun in a felony crime? Do they seek punishment for misuse of guns?. Answer is NO, they just want to have the pleasure of eleminating our right to be free men who own guns. I'd like to see that mayor and his squad of goons ran completely out of the United States. If they stopped sales, the next thing would be to take them from your house.
A man I used to work with said something like this " Some people are not capable of doing the big and great things, and important things, so they make a really big issue out some unimportant thing, spending a lot of effort on nonsense so they can feel important". This fits that mold.
To hell with them fellas, buzzards gotta eat same as the worms.
Outlaw Josey Wales

Member GOA
NRA Benefactor-Life
ursavus.elemensis
Levergunner 2.0

Post by ursavus.elemensis »

Bluehawk wrote:I do NOT support Arlon Spectre who is HORRIBLE in his record of what he has NOT done for the people and what he HAs done against them Just read the Warren commission report
What was wrong with the Warren Commission report? The last surviving member of the Commission (not staff member, but actual member of the commission) was Gerald R. Ford. He said in in an interview that I watched during his final years that since he was the last surviving member, if there were any secrets to tell, he would tell them freely but there just wasn't anything more to say. There were no secrets, there was no effort to cover anything up, they reached logical conclusions based on what the evidence showed. Sorry, but there is nothing else to say about the Kennedy asassination than what the Warren Commission report lays out. Arlen Specter's theory of how the bullets traveled is the only logical theory based on what is actually known of the events of that day. I do think Gerald Ford would have come clean if there had been more to the story. He was not exactly my kind of Republican, and neither is Arlen Specter, but Gerald Ford loved this country from the bottom of his heart and he would have set the historical record straight if that needed to be done.
"A Prince, whose character is thus marked by every act which may define a Tyrant, is unfit to be the ruler of a free people"
-The Declaration of Independence
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

They tried to skirt the issue but they both eventually revealed that they favored plans to not allow guns in cities.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Bluehawk
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Bluehawk »

I have MANY doubet about the SINGLE BULLET THEORY I have nev er seen bullets do thatg in human flesh and they jsut dont take turns that way.
I have never been a fan of the Warren commission report therfore I have never had much respect for Spectre .
Some of its personel also I admit that.
Also I iwll admit ihave not read the full report in almost 20 years sio maybe im not as gfood on it as I once was but that poart i do remember
The right way is always the hardest. It's like the law of nature , water always takes the path of least resistence...... That's why we get crooked rivers and crooked men . TR Theodore the Great