The Oscars

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
hondo1892
Senior Levergunner

The Oscars

Post by hondo1892 »

My wife has been watching the red carpet for the Oscars. They keep talking about the need to get rid of racism and the need for diversity. But they keep pointing out every nominee's race. I bet they wouldn't allow a conservative in the mix for diversity. If they truly want to get rid of racism why don't they leave the persons race out of the conversation. But no that is the first thing we have to point out in every interview with a actor/actress. Then Chris Rock came on stage and started ranting about the Oscars being a white peoples awards event. That was the last straw and I told my wife to change the channel or I would shoot it. I'm so sick of hearing about race and the need to abolish racism by liberals. Then the same people always point out the person's race first thing in a conversation. Seems like these people can't figure out what the real cause for all this racial tension. But I know they really do understand and they thrive on making race an issue. This should probably be in politics so feel free to move. These people won't be happy until they eliminate the white race which is racism aint it?
Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Re: The Oscars

Post by Tycer »

You're funny brother. The most biased left progressive tv show on the earth and suddenly you're excited? Let her watch it. It might make some opportunities for you to make a point. Why anybody with a brain wastes any of their grey matter worrying about that (most tv) drivel makes me wonder. Fred, what's your opinion? :shock:
Kind regards,
Tycer
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - https://peakprosperity.com/ - http://www.guntalk.com
hondo1892
Senior Levergunner

Post by hondo1892 »

No I didn't just get excited. I just don't watch much new stuff or any awards shows. It was just raising my blood pressure and had to vent. I do my best to stay away from garbage dumps such as this.
Les Staley
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Les Staley »

I watched the first monologue by Chris Rock. It was great! He came down hard on will and jada(?) Smith about being butt-hurt over the "lack of diversity". Made several jokes about it, even had some skits. I get the sense that there was some embarrassment over the big deal made about the lack of color in the nominations.
This is plagiarized from someone else, but I love it!

I was born a gun owner.
It wasn't a choice.
I didn't become one later in life.
I was born this way.
BruceB
Levergunner 2.0

Post by BruceB »

As far as I'm concerned, motion pictures died on June 11, 1979.
GOD SAVE THE UNITED STATES!

Original member of Leverguns.com forum

NRA Life Member

Boy, what a mess them .45's make.

When seconds mean life or death, the police are only minutes away.
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

We watched the pre show show and part of the main show. Chris Rock is an annoying idiot but even I got the gist of his monologue. I didn't enjoy it though.
The skits with Whoopie were hilarious though.
We turned it off maybe a third of the way through due to boredom.

hondo1892's comments are dead on. These idiots who complain about racism are the ones causing and feeding it.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
crs
Advanced Levergunner

Post by crs »

Are over.
CRS, NRA Benefactor Member, TSRA, DRSS, DWWC, Whittington Center
Android Ballistics App at http://www.xplat.net/
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

crs wrote:Are over.
And, are kind've a "who cares" event at out place. We ain't in the biz, don't have family in the biz, J.Q. Public has no say, critics have no say, just industry insiders... a bunch of fat cats pattin' themselves on the back. I mean yeah, nice for the winners to be recognized by their peers. But even those films that win in lots of categories, aren't necessarily better than one that isn't even nominated.

Myself, I watched Black Sails that I recorded Sat., and a couple from Fri nite.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
crs
Advanced Levergunner

Post by crs »

What Griff said +1 except last night I worked on income taxes - only a day or so to go now!
CRS, NRA Benefactor Member, TSRA, DRSS, DWWC, Whittington Center
Android Ballistics App at http://www.xplat.net/
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

......Are just one of the dozens of reasons I don't have cable TV......(I like "some" shows on NetFlix on the computer)
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Daisyman
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Daisyman »

BlaineG wrote:......Are just one of the dozens of reasons I don't have cable TV......(I like "some" shows on NetFlix on the computer)
Me neither, Blaine. I still have an antenna!! :roll: I'm outside every waking minute in the nice weather ( anything above 40 is nice here ) and in the winter there isn't enough on to pay for cable. I probably would watch some shows if I had it, like, How it's made, the History channel, RFD TV, and maybe a few others. I'm not into sports, so there goes half the channels, physical fitness, QVC, and all that other stuff they want to sell you something. Speaking of faddy stuff, I see that the ORANGE COUNTY CHOPPERS is done, and the grumpy arguers are at each others throats. Kinda like the folks at the Oscars, they're only important in their own mind!! :lol: :lol:
mikld
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mikld »

Well while we're on the subject, were there any black performers worthy of an award this year? Seems to have been some in the past, and are the Oscars just now becoming all white?

FWIW I won't apologize for being white and believe it isn't a matter of "equal opportunity" it is now a power struggle...

Growing up in Compton, CA I have a lot of stories about prejudice/racism. Being a member of a "minority" (black) in a majority may be bad, but being a member of a "majority" (white) in a minority situation is life threatening...BTDT.
Mike
Vocatus atque non vocatus, Deus aderit...
I've learned how to stand on my own two knees...
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Just saw this....Sums it up perfectly. :twisted:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 1894 »

Last night after the whirled news finished the oscars stuff came on. I asked and the wife agreed , let's watch the next episode or two of Hell on Wheels . Much mo' better. 8)
Phil
otteray
Levergunner 2.0

Post by otteray »

I asked the wife to continue watching the Oscars on the nice bedroom TV, when that falsetto singer guy started caterwauling like a banshee in heat.
I was able to resume my repose in the easy chair, and watched a zombies take over the world type movie with Brad Pitt. Was entertaining.
otteray
Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Tycer »

Griff wrote:
Myself, I watched Black Sails that I recorded Sat., and a couple from Fri nite.
somehow methinks Charles will pay for his mistake. I'm glad we got to meet Blackbeard's gal.
Kind regards,
Tycer
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - https://peakprosperity.com/ - http://www.guntalk.com
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

BlaineG wrote:......Are just one of the dozens of reasons I don't have cable TV......(I like "some" shows on NetFlix on the computer)
Me either. Haven't had television since 1988. Best way to raise kids is with NO television.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
hondo1892
Senior Levergunner

Post by hondo1892 »

I like that poster Blaine. If I didn't have hills blocking my reception I would still have an antenna tv also. But we get two stations with an antenna. Plus I needed internet service and when we moved here only satellite internet was available. The contract is up in July and the cable may go then even with just two stations. Don't care for history channel any longer all they have is reality shows now. I do like Barn wood builders on the DIY channel those guys are much more entraining than the people on the Oscars.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

hondo1892 wrote:I like that poster Blaine. If I didn't have hills blocking my reception I would still have an antenna tv also. But we get two stations with an antenna. Plus I needed internet service and when we moved here only satellite internet was available. The contract is up in July and the cable may go then even with just two stations. Don't care for history channel any longer all they have is reality shows now. I do like Barn wood builders on the DIY channel those guys are much more entraining than the people on the Oscars.
I have a good elevated antenna, and get a bunch of stations, but I don't watch them. Mostly because of idiot talking heads trying to sell me stuff, or tell me how to think. It's comes in handy for the Super Bowl, and other very limited audio/visual opportunities....

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
JohndeFresno
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JohndeFresno »

BlaineG wrote:Just saw this....Sums it up perfectly.

:twisted:
TOTALLY +1

I'll pass on wasting my time watching a bunch of spoiled, improperly indoctrinated, Leftist celebrities...
never mind. Wasting more time.

I'll pass.
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

Around here an Oscar is a fish.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
Senior Levergunner

Post by 2571 »

"These people won't be happy until they eliminate the white race which is racism aint it?"

I'm not white. I guess I must be one of "those people". However, like many of 'us' my Christian principles do not allow me to wish the elimination of the white race.

May I assume you are one of 'those people' whose support Mr. Trump declines to repudiate?
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

Rusty wrote:Around here an Oscar is a fish.
Well that show definitely left a fishy smell behind ..... :roll:

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

BlaineG wrote:Just saw this....Sums it up perfectly. :twisted:
The only Oscar I could ever relate to:

But the NEA/PBS Libs ruined even that...
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Is what burns my azz up is that this stuff is constantly being driven down our throats. Let it be like it was when I was a kid in the sixties...we all got along great.

I truly believe that the races are just different...not necessarily that one is better than the other...different. Each race looks at things with a different perspective and because the history of slavery is always being "promoted", the blacks feel like they are owed something....forever.

One day about 20 years ago my wife called me to come into the kitchen to look out into the pasture at 8 horses that were collectively owned by us and my sister-in-law and remarked, "you notice anything weird?". I said "nope". She said, "look at the horses real close". I never did notice what my wife noticed until she told me. In one group there were 3 paint horses. Another group about 75 yards from the first group were 3 brown quarter horses and the last two horses were another 100 yards away, both warmbloods.

They all preferred the company of their own kind....like people. So if the darkies are mad that they are not getting in the Oscars, let them start their own Oscars, like they have their own black entertainment channel. They could call it "Stars in the Hood" and they could give away Cadillac Escalades or deep fried greasy chicken as prizes. :D
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

cas
Senior Levergunner

Post by cas »

:shock: Where's the outrage!?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Slow is just slow.
mikld
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mikld »

There is no outrage from the Asian nor Hispanic groups because today it's the "PC" thing to be oversensitive about black "oppression". Folks are searching the news, the social media, everything, just looking for an issue to shout "RACISM!". Race baiter, tax evader Big Al is making a good living at stirring the pot, and when he can't find a legitimate "problem" he makes one up.

For four generations back on both sides of my family there were no slave owners (actually there were rumors of some ancestors, Irish, that came to America as indentured slaves, and on my Mom's side there were a few American Indians. Talk about bad treatment? The US never kept one of the treaties they had with the Indians.). I don't owe Black America anything...
Mike
Vocatus atque non vocatus, Deus aderit...
I've learned how to stand on my own two knees...