3250 .22s At A Decent Price

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Blaine
Posting leader...

3250 .22s At A Decent Price

Post by Blaine »

250.00 delivered. I couldn't help myself. Not THE best price, but considering it's delivered for free.....
http://www.targetsportsusa.com/federal- ... -1967.aspx

This is going to be a good summer. Plenty of ammo, and gas is cheap. 8) 8)
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
rossim92
Senior Levergunner

Re: 3250 .22s At A Decent Price

Post by rossim92 »

good price
Rossi 92 .357 lever , and a cz pcr 9mm
Henry .22 lever, Remington speedmaster 552 .22 lr
Marlin Glenfield .22 boltaction
gforce 12ga semi
Taylor's Tactical 1911 A1 FS in .45acp
winchester 1873 44.40
Marlin 336W .30.30
beeman sportsman rs2 dual caliber pellet rifle
henry .22 magnum pumpaction/octagon barrel
stag 5.56 m4 with reddot
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

$0.08/round is a GREAT price...! In the 1970's we were happy to find it for $9.99/500 rounds, and there has been far more than 4-fold inflation since then.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
sore shoulder
Advanced Levergunner

Post by sore shoulder »

I have boxes of WalMart 550 from around 2003-06 marked 9.95 (.01). Those same boxes at Walmart are now 29.99 (.05). A bit more than I would like, and I haven't actually seen them, just the price tag, but it's nice to see it coming back. It's the scalpers selling it on armslist and at gunshows that are drying it up. There are groups that make a living doing this, following the deliveries and buying it all up. Walmart still has a 3 box per person per day limit on .22 but they need to drop it to 1 per person per day in my opinion. Thankfully I still have plenty. I sold a bit myself at a ridiculous price of $50 per box when it was going for $100+ at gunshows, but I was putting ammo back in the pool, not intercepting the supply and gouging for it. I hope so much .22 floods the market that those scalpers are left holding a bunch of .22 they overpaid for.

Anyway, sounds like you have some fun shooting to look forward to Blaine.
"He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harass our people and eat out their substance." Declaration of Independance, July 4, 1776
11B30
Senior Levergunner

Post by 2571 »

rossim92 wrote:good price
Seems like I have been seeing posts for 3-4 years claiming a new .22lr factory was opening in Arkansas, or Al or ID or NYC next month or next year and that ammo would be 2¢ each.

Saw a post here not long ago about reloading .38Sp for a dime. I'd rather shoot .38 than .22.

Saw a physician selling a Ruger because he didn't enjoy shooting it for a dime a round. Said he could afford but not enjoy that kind of shooting.

8¢ is an awful price.
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

So, are you going to be buying one of those .22 liners for your Sharps? :P Maybe I'll get one before I visit again...
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

2571 wrote:
rossim92 wrote:good price
Seems like I have been seeing posts for 3-4 years claiming a new .22lr factory was opening in Arkansas, or Al or ID or NYC next month or next year and that ammo would be 2¢ each.

Saw a post here not long ago about reloading .38Sp for a dime. I'd rather shoot .38 than .22.

Saw a physician selling a Ruger because he didn't enjoy shooting it for a dime a round. Said he could afford but not enjoy that kind of shooting.

8¢ is an awful price.
Unless you have one of these, I'm afraid that's about as good as it's going to get.

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

I would jump on that offer if I didn't already have nearly a lifetime supply on hand.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Chuck 100 yd wrote:I would jump on that offer if I didn't already have nearly a lifetime supply on hand.
I guess I'm officially a hoarder at this time. Well, maybe not...supply is up, and anyone can buy some these days.
I'm up to a lifetime and a half's worth now. Someday when diesel is 19 bucks a gal, I can look back and remember the good times, and make some young fella happy with some cheap .22 ammo. It's just not in me to gouge a fella.

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Coming home from work today, I stopped at an Academy Sports and Outdoors. I scored a Remington Bucket of Bullets for $79.99, and it was 1,400 rounds. That works out to about 6 cents per round. That will handle a lot of practice time at the range. I also picked up some 5.56 hollow points so that my son can shoot his AR while with me. The range I go to will not allow FMJ centerfire rifle ammunition due to the green tip 5.56 chewing up the back stops. I am pleased with the .22lr that I got.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

I've done business with Target Sports. It's a good outfit.
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

At the current price of .22 RF I won't be:

A: Buying anything chambered for any .22 RF cartridge ...
B: Buying any bulk .22 RF cartridge ...
C: Shooting for fun like I used to with any .22 RF cartridge ...
D: :( 8 cents a round for .22 LR is ridiculously stupid. I won't pay it.

Until ...

The current person in the white house is gone and the situation calms down a bit.
After that, I'll join Blaine in stocking up several life times worth of it.

JMNSHO

J :mrgreen: Miller
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
Hawkeye2
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Hawkeye2 »

If they were giving it away it wouldn't matter as it's out of stock (2:16 PM, 3-12-16) as is the Remington in the buckets. They only offer free shipping on bulk orders which they interpret as a case of the same ammo. Actually they are out of any .22 ammo that has a free shipping offer though their prices run from .05 to .08/round depending on the brand so I'll buy if they ever get any inventory in.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Hawkeye2 wrote:If they were giving it away it wouldn't matter as it's out of stock (2:16 PM, 3-12-16) as is the Remington in the buckets. They only offer free shipping on bulk orders which they interpret as a case of the same ammo. Actually they are out of any .22 ammo that has a free shipping offer though their prices run from .05 to .08/round depending on the brand so I'll buy if they ever get any inventory in.
They supposedly had 99+ of those Federal 325s when I ordered yesterday. I'm on their email list, and get a heads up when the stuff comes in. Snooze, and lose.....I've recently gotten case lots of .45acp, and .308....They may not be THE cheapest, but they offer good service, and fast shipping.

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV