Calling Neighbor JerryB

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
GoatGuy
Senior Levergunner

Calling Neighbor JerryB

Post by GoatGuy »

JerryB, wondering how you like the Williams 5D site on your Rossi 92, and which model did you purchase and have installed? Have my 20" barrel.357 Rossi 92 at my gunsmiths and am wanting to have him install the receiver sight while it's there. Read your post from several months back and I'm wanting confirmation on which Williams model I need to order from Brownells. Have had aplenty of the 5D's on Marlins and Winchesters over the years and it has always been my "go to" sight for those leverguns.
Also curious if you were able to keep the "stock" front sight on your Rossi or if you needed a replacement.

Have a good day my friend, and hope and expect all's well there with you and yours,
John
"If a man does away with his traditional way of living and throws away his good customs, he had better first make certain that he has something of value to replace them." - Basuto proverb.
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Calling Neighbor JerryB

Post by JerryB »

Hey there old friend, just saw this tonite. In the morning I will get all the info together and write you. I do still use the same front sight. My Rossi is the old Interarms Rossi 92 src, don't know if the new ones have a different sight or not. I have them on several rifles and my 77 year old eyes really like them.
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

I couldn't find the paper work for the 5D sight today so I looked on the sight. It is marked 94-36, I thought it was but not that sure. I have not had any problems using the front sight on the rifle with the 5D sight. Good luck and enjoy your rifle.
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
GoatGuy
Senior Levergunner

Post by GoatGuy »

Thanks Jerry, ...your help is much appreciated. We need to get together sometime with our 92's and burn some powder.

Now if someone could give me the name of some surefire magic elixir that would keep the dadblasted ticks from dining on my body parts every time I step off the porch or walk through the pastures here on my place. Haven't found one consistent magic bullet (even the 40% DEET spray fails) for these infernal varmints in the nearly 15 years since coming back here from the high country of southern New Mexico!!! :x :evil: :cry:
"If a man does away with his traditional way of living and throws away his good customs, he had better first make certain that he has something of value to replace them." - Basuto proverb.
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Garlic.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!