BOY DID I JUST FIX A BEAUTY 1894 MARLIN 22 MAG

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
JOHNNY WACKO
Levergunner 3.0

BOY DID I JUST FIX A BEAUTY 1894 MARLIN 22 MAG

Post by JOHNNY WACKO »

a BUDDY JUST LEFT WITH A MARLIN 1894 IN 22MAG THAT WAS MISSING A FEW SCREWS and I had 2 screws from a mauser barrel band that fixed it. what a nice rifle it was.he left before i could get a picture and because i was twisting his arm to try and buy it.iT LOOKED JUST LIKE A 36 BUT WAS A 22 MAG AND HE GOT IT FOR LESS THAN $100 WHILE AT A GUYS HOUSE TRADING A T/C SCOUT FOR A MOSSBERG 500 DUCK CAMMO NEW SHOTGUN WITH A BUNCH OF CHOKE TUBES.
IT WAS LIKE NEW WHY THE SCREWS WERE GONE FROM THE LIFTER AND LEVER I DONT KNOW BUT IT WAS SWEEET.I tried to trade and offer some cash but he had someone going to pay more then i had for it and would not talk it over at all.

he finds so many good deals for cheap it upsets me some times.I fix all his broken stuff and make a few bucks from him every week. 3 last week alone.i sold him 2 guns last week and there gone already.
I do get him every 1 out of 10 times with the fact he cant change a light bulb with out help.but has no patience on broken stuff so i play around till he gives up and sells it to me.hate to have to play him to get a deal but he gets it back sooner or later some how.
that would have been a nice addition to my lever collection too
JOHNNY WACKO
http://mysite.verizon.net/vzevezzx/john ... dproducts/
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Re: BOY DID I JUST FIX A BEAUTY 1894 MARLIN 22 MAG

Post by Sixgun »

Wacko,
I pride myself on knowledge of rare variations of leverguns that go back to the Henry days. Been doing this my whole life so I must have learned something. Variations of guns that single digits were made.

When I read the title of your post, I said to myself, "man, this cat got some gooooodddd weed". I was dumbfounded and as I write this, I still cannot believe I never heard or read of an 1894 Marlin in .22 mag. A bit of 1st. grade research shows 12,000 were made in 1989.

12,000.......I'm beside myself.......so.....let's cut the bs and get to the point......

Can I have it?.... :D --------Mr. Ingot.
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Sixgun would just melt it down into ingots of some sort, so it would be safer to let me have it.

I'll trade you my AMT Backup 380 for it, along with some DVD's of old cop movies... :mrgreen:
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

JOHNNY WACKO wrote:LOOKED JUST LIKE A 36 BUT WAS A 22 MAG AND HE GOT IT FOR LESS THAN $100 WHILE AT A GUYS HOUSE
Actually they look more like an 1894 in any other caliber, than they look like a Model 36!
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
JOHNNY WACKO
Levergunner 3.0

Post by JOHNNY WACKO »

I found 1 only 1 on gun broker $995 with the box said 1987 it was made. but it was short.I tried to buy it from him but he wouldn't give me a price but it will be for sale that's what he dose.I was saying it was the size of a 36 more then look like a 36 i guess.it was no little rifle looked like a 30/30 not a short barrel job or smaller size. looked like my 44 mag . I will keep on him I was about to offer him the AR15 i have built new upstairs for it. I ordered the correct screws from numrich for it for him before he left with it. He will have it up for sale i know him and he sells guns every day and buys them every day to.Thats how he lives.he had a idea he had a good 1 and knew it was rare but no 1 around here has the cash around xmas to give him what its worth so i will keep you guys posted on what happens.I will have it next week when the screws come in and snap some pictures of it.had a weaver rail and no back site but other then that it was real nice. I WAS SHAKING AS I CLEANED IT UP AND HANDED IT BACK TO HIM AND HE KNEW I WANTED IT.HE KNOWS ME TO GOOD TO FOOL HIm.we been friends since i was 13 or so.I get mad because im a keeper and there just cash to him and he had under $100 in it and was smiling like a pig in mud.
JOHNNY WACKO
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

. . . and he had under $100 in it and was smiling like a pig in mud. . .
I'd be doing the same thing...only I'd never have let anyone else know the deal I got. . . ! :lol:
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

JOHNNY WACKO
Levergunner 3.0

Post by JOHNNY WACKO »

He wants $750 for it now !!!!

or my ar15 but i want $150 to boot so i don't know what will happen next.but i do have 9 ar15 and no marlin 1894 22 mag

JOHNNY WACKO
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

JOHNNY WACKO wrote:I was saying it was the size of a 36 more then look like a 36 i guess.it was no little rifle looked like a 30/30 not a short barrel job or smaller size. looked like my 44 mag . .
The Model 36 is the same size as the 336, and 1893 Marlins. The Model 94 in .22 Magnum is the smaller size of all early or late 1894 rifles.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

I'd be trading that AR for the Marlin in no time flat... 8)

hfcable
Advanced Levergunner

Post by hfcable »

[quote="JOHNNY WACKO"]He wants $750 for it now !!!!

or my ar15 but i want $150 to boot so i don't know what will happen next.but i do have 9 ar15 and no marlin 1894 22 mag

and 750$ is a good price. but I already have one.
cable
JOHNNY WACKO
Levergunner 3.0

Post by JOHNNY WACKO »

marlinman93 wrote:
JOHNNY WACKO wrote:I was saying it was the size of a 36 more then look like a 36 i guess.it was no little rifle looked like a 30/30 not a short barrel job or smaller size. looked like my 44 mag . .
The Model 36 is the same size as the 336, and 1893 Marlins. The Model 94 in .22 Magnum is the smaller size of all early or late 1894 rifles.
I did not set it beside any of my other rifles but it was not like the winchester 94 22 mag that look smaller next to a 94 30/30
looked about the same as my marlin 44mag 1984 the 1 on gun broker looked smaller and shorter then this 1.
but i did not lay then side by side to compare but will next week.

I was surprised the size of it for a 22 mag.
but again i was just guessing off hand so don't hold a gun to my head on it.it was a hefty rifle for a 22 mag rifle + a long barrel too. .and the winchesters i have seen are smaller i never seem 1 of these before to know,and was typing that in a fast last minute post excited about seeing it too.

but it was a different then i expected when it showed up.
JOHNNY WACKO
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

The "Model 94" I was referring to is the Marlin Model 94 or 1894, not the Winchester. The Marlin in CF or .22 Mag are identical in appearance, function, and external dimensions. Sorry for the confusion. I never thought about the Winchester 94 as being even slightly similar.
Bulldog
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Bulldog »

I would trade that AR for the Marlin in a heartbeat. You can always buy or build another AR just like that one. Not so with the Marlin. $750 is a good price.
Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

AJMD429 wrote:Sixgun would just melt it down into ingots of some sort, so it would be safer to let me have it.

I'll trade you my AMT Backup 380 for it, along with some DVD's of old cop movies... :mrgreen:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
JOHNNY WACKO
Levergunner 3.0

Post by JOHNNY WACKO »

marlinman93 wrote:The "Model 94" I was referring to is the Marlin Model 94 or 1894, not the Winchester. The Marlin in CF or .22 Mag are identical in appearance, function, and external dimensions. Sorry for the confusion. I never thought about the Winchester 94 as being even slightly similar.

I was surprised that it was not smaller like the winchester 22 mags are,or seem to look to me. I have only had 1 and sold it for a quick buck like a week later.
I still mite end up with this marlin the new screws haven't came in yet.numrice took a week off for thanksgiving so they said on the phone so we are still waiting.It seems to not shut, bolt sticks on the hammer but only have a punch through the lifter hole and if i wiggle it it will lever shut.They don't call it a lifter but forgot what they call it (carrier maybe).but the screw is under the hammer and makes it out of line a bit.hoping the lifter is bad and i will get a way better deal and buy 1 from numrich for $54 and replace it.

and you are correct the ar can be replaced any day of the week,I have built over 20 this year already and this 1 was profit built anyways.
will get some pictures when it comes in.
JOHNNY WACKO
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Image :o
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

Johnnie you have a p.m.
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Looking for something else, I found that Numrich has both used and Factory New barrels and parts available for the 1894M.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
JOHNNY WACKO
Levergunner 3.0

Post by JOHNNY WACKO »

we have been waiting on the ejector from them now for a week. they are the slowest shipping outfit i ever seen.got the 2 screws we needed after a week now the ejector is in the mail somewhere. then it will be done.
JOHNNY WACKO
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

I refuse to order anything from Numrich that I can get elsewhere anymore! Between sending me the wrong parts, parts missing pieces, and trying to bill me for multiple shipping charges for their mistakes. I just got tired of junk that wasn't right, and them thinking I should pay again for a new part, and to send back the stuff that was wrong or incomplete!
There's so many other places to get almost everything Numrich has, except maybe used or NOS parts.
JOHNNY WACKO
Levergunner 3.0

Post by JOHNNY WACKO »

i was not paying for the parts,the guy i traded guns with was so i didn't care about the shipping price or how long it took as long as i got the part. after trading my new ar i wanted it to be fixed.we took the carrier screw from my 1894 44 mag and made sure it worked and fired but then i noticed the ejector was gone. i seen the hole and was temporary brain dead because i have changed them for other people in the past and did not figure the empty hole till i was putting in the shells and it hit me like a brick,no ejector.but the deal was made and i was not going to go back after having it in my hand. so we just went over to my computer and ordered it.Thay say its had a shipping label printed but not that it was shipped. and they say they are not shipping anything till Jan now.I just hope since the label has been printed its packed and possibly on the was.
not that i want to use it but i want to know its fixed and in the rack done and move on.The guy sold the ar already for $750
and wants me to build him another 1 next week.

I did pay shipping twice for the mag for the savage 56 and the 2 Winchester gold mag tube plugs i got before thanksgiving before i noticed it.and the mag came in a box that would have held 10 mags not just 1.
they seem to not give a stuff on how they ship with your credit card # in there order.
JOHNNY WACKO