Pre-war L. C. Smith

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
claybob86
Senior Levergunner

Pre-war L. C. Smith

Post by claybob86 »

and Corona typewriter!

Picked this up at a garage sale a while back. Repaired and cleaned, it works! It was made somewhere around 1930.
Have you hugged your rifle today?
Batman1939
Levergunner 3.0

Re: Pre-war L. C. Smith

Post by Batman1939 »

I've got a couple of old Remingtons to match your Smith & Corona. That's the trouble with attending some of those ranch & antique auctions in Montana. If you aren't careful you're liable to find one of those old typewriters in a "box-lot" of stuff. I've thought they might make dandy anchors for my drift boat. Actually, they'd make a nice lamp base if a guy was into that sort of thing. Yours looks to be in nice shape; mine sit out in the garage where I dumped them when I got home from the sale.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

I learned "keyboarding" on a manual in HS....probably the must useful class I ever took. Typing opened lots of doors in the Army. Oh, the joy of correcting four carbon copies in a hot/humid Quonset Hut in Korea in July... :lol: :lol:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
claybob86
Senior Levergunner

Post by claybob86 »

Batman1939 wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:26 am I've got a couple of old Remingtons to match your Smith & Corona. That's the trouble with attending some of those ranch & antique auctions in Montana. If you aren't careful you're liable to find one of those old typewriters in a "box-lot" of stuff. I've thought they might make dandy anchors for my drift boat. Actually, they'd make a nice lamp base if a guy was into that sort of thing. Yours looks to be in nice shape; mine sit out in the garage where I dumped them when I got home from the sale.
I'm just a sucker for old mechanical things that can be restored to operational condition, even if I have no need for them. :)
claybob86
Senior Levergunner

Post by claybob86 »

BlaineG wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:19 pm I learned "keyboarding" on a manual in HS....probably the must useful class I ever took. Typing opened lots of doors in the Army. Oh, the joy of correcting four carbon copies in a hot/humid Quonset Hut in Korea in July... :lol: :lol:
Ahhh, ya gotta like A/C and computers! :D
Batman1939
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Batman1939 »

claybob86 wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:47 am
Batman1939 wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:26 am I've got a couple of old Remingtons to match your Smith & Corona. That's the trouble with attending some of those ranch & antique auctions in Montana. If you aren't careful you're liable to find one of those old typewriters in a "box-lot" of stuff. I've thought they might make dandy anchors for my drift boat. Actually, they'd make a nice lamp base if a guy was into that sort of thing. Yours looks to be in nice shape; mine sit out in the garage where I dumped them when I got home from the sale.
I'm just a sucker for old mechanical things that can be restored to operational condition, even if I have no need for them. :)
I hear you Claybob; I'm kind of the same way but have enough trouble keeping my "necessary" mechanical stuff operable--e.g. my '74 Ford snowplow, several chainsaws, old Ford tractor, newer Toro yard tractor, etc. I still have several things I need to do to finish up the log home I built 30 years ago. To. quote Terry Murbach, "and so it goes".