Honolulu Gun Show 09-01-07

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
GANJIRO

Honolulu Gun Show 09-01-07

Post by GANJIRO »

First Gun Show in over 12 years, it was nice though I messed up on a steal deal...
Nice Old Leverguns [:)]
Spencer
Very Clean Evans, cool under-hammer and ejection port cover which moves with bolt. Holds a ton of ammo in magazine but super slow to reload. [xx(]
Nice Remington Keene
50/70 Trapdoor
Beautiful Lee Navy above a Krag and 2 Trapdoor Carbines
Nice Cadet [:p]

[purple]REST IN PEACE[/purple]

ILLEGITIMUS NON CARBORUNDUM EST :roll:
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

Cool old guns. I'd love to have one of those Spencers.
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

If I was there, I'da been sorely tempted by that Cadet, Ji - If it was reasonably priced. They can make up into awesome sporters - petite & dainty, just like I want 'em !
GANJIRO

Post by GANJIRO »

Pete44ru wrote:If I was there, I'da been sorely tempted by that Cadet, Ji - If it was reasonably priced. They can make up into awesome sporters - petite & dainty, just like I want 'em !
The cadet was in very nice shape in original .310 chambering, seller wanted $650.00, is that reasonable?
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

The cadets are really appreciating. I'd have gone $650 for the gun (if I had the cash) knowing I'd have to go through some to load for it. :wink:

Thanks for posting this again in this forum Ji!
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

$650 is full market value, IMHO - I woulda been hoping for $525-$575. (sigh)
GANJIRO

Post by GANJIRO »

Pete44ru wrote:$650 is full market value, IMHO - I woulda been hoping for $525-$575. (sigh)
I'm sure you could have "jewed" the seller down (no offense to all Hebrews here), he's a decent fellow, and regularly buys and sells classic guns.

I forgot to mention AND take pictures of a genuine VOLCANIC ARMS leveraction pistol in nice shape on sale for ONLY $10,000.
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

[I forgot to mention AND take pictures of a genuine VOLCANIC ARMS leveraction pistol in nice shape on sale for ONLY $10,000.]

Boy, That $10K amount sure brings back memories - Of a factory cased S&W .320 Revolving Rifle I sold at a gun show in the mid 70's for $2,500.00. Five-Ten years later, I saw a different one F/S at another show - $10,000.00. Talk about premature speculation ! :(