OT - ManBags... ZERO excuse for not Carrying...

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

OT - ManBags... ZERO excuse for not Carrying...

Post by Old Ironsights »

C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
El Mac
Levergunner 2.0

Post by El Mac »

Nah...just a holster does fine by me.

I could never get used to one of those fanny packs, butt bags, butt packs, man sacks or whatever. Just an honest to goodness quality holster solves 98% of the problems. The other 2% can be covered by Mexican carry.
cnjarvis
Senior Levergunner

Post by cnjarvis »

Hey, those are NICE.

Bum link on the second one though. Missing part of the address.
RSY
Senior Levergunner

Post by RSY »

I use a Safepacker from the Wilderness. Working as an appraiser in, uh...certain areas of town, I need something with direct access on my belt that still masks the presence of my pistol.

http://store.thewilderness.com/index.php?cPath=51

I can also tote it in hand and it looks like a day-planner to the unknowing. I've had it for a couple of years and am very satisfied with it.

The Fatboy is definitely a cool rig, but I think its military look is a little too obvious that it has something to do with guns.

scott
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

I'm thinking more for in the "woods" where, until somebody gets some sense, "Don't Ask Don't Tell" is the Rule.

In town it would be a bit much and in the woods where Open carry is "allowed" then that's what you shoud do, but elsewhere where the Green Trucks Roam... well...
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
engravertom
Levergunner 2.0

Post by engravertom »

Thanks for the link to the safepacker. That is what I have been looking for.

take care,

Tom
RSY
Senior Levergunner

Post by RSY »

Old Ironsights wrote:I'm thinking more for in the "woods" where, until somebody gets some sense, "Don't Ask Don't Tell" is the Rule.
Yes, I agree. It would be a perfect solution for that scenario.

Speaking of the "woods", does anyone know the latest on getting state CHLs recognized by the Feds in National Parks and Forests?

scott
Rexster
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Rexster »

I use Safepackers regularly; they are 21st-Century possibles bags. My smaller one, Colt Commander-sized, is usually belt-carried, while my larger one, Government +1", is usually carried in-hand or slung. If you don't like nylon fabric, well, there are of course leather possibles bags. While I don't want my only weapon to be carried off-body, this type of carry allows a true fighting handgun to be carried while a belly gun and stout blade are worn concealed on the body.

The Safepacker also answers the question of what to do with your "car gun" when you park, and are legal to take your weapon with you on foot. Some jurisdictions MAY allow one to carry a weapon in a case, when wearing it concealed on the body would be illegal, so that is something else to think about; the Safepacker MAY also meet the rules for open carry, in open-carry jurisdictions.

Do people get spooked by Safepackers? Well, I can walk right into the Galleria Mall in Uptown Houston, Texas, with a Safepacker, and get no alarmed looks.
Have Colts, will travel.

The avatar is the menuki of my Rob Douglas Wakisashi.
RSY
Senior Levergunner

Post by RSY »

Rexster wrote:Do people get spooked by Safepackers? Well, I can walk right into the Galleria Mall in Uptown Houston, Texas, with a Safepacker, and get no alarmed looks.
To add to that, I took mine into the Apple Store in an Austin mall last week while dropping off a machine for some service. I was in there for over a half hour with it laying in plain sight on the counter while I spoke with the tech.

The staff in there probably would have crapped their Obama-lovin' pants had they known I was sitting there with a full-sized pistol and 24 Hydra-Shok's. :twisted:

scott
sw41mag
Levergunner

Post by sw41mag »

RSY wrote:
Rexster wrote:Do people get spooked by Safepackers? Well, I can walk right into the Galleria Mall in Uptown Houston, Texas, with a Safepacker, and get no alarmed looks.
To add to that, I took mine into the Apple Store in an Austin mall last week while dropping off a machine for some service. I was in there for over a half hour with it laying in plain sight on the counter while I spoke with the tech.

The staff in there probably would have crapped their Obama-lovin' pants had they known I was sitting there with a full-sized pistol and 24 Hydra-Shok's. :twisted:

scott
I wonder how many of us Apple guys are walking around packing? I was in the Apple Store in Boulder Colorado last Thursday with my compact .45 and extra mags on my belt under an oversize shirt. Nobody was the wiser.
When I fed the poor I was called a Saint. When I asked why the poor were hungry, I was called a communist.
cas
Senior Levergunner

Post by cas »

The law says "concealed"... it doesn't mention anything about "obvious." :D

It reminds me of the story of the little girl picking out the off duty policeman in line at the store. When asked how she knew she said "because he has two wallets".
Slow is just slow.
Rexster
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Rexster »

Ah, two wallets; that is me. Well, actually, three, but two are very slim.
Have Colts, will travel.

The avatar is the menuki of my Rob Douglas Wakisashi.
O.S.O.K.
Advanced Levergunner

Post by O.S.O.K. »

Thanks for the links to those - the safepacker is a new one on me - great idea!

The man bag is good too though - especially in a non-tactical color. These are becomeing more and more accepted by the sheeple.

I usually just slip my Kahr 9 into my waist belt - Mexican carry though. This around town where I live - with t-shirt out to cover.

On business, if I feel the need (which I should always) I have my computer bag and the pistol just slips in there.
NRA Endowment Life
Phi Kappa Sigma, Alpha Phi 83 "Skulls"
OCS, 120th MP Battalion, MSSG
MOLON LABE!
Ron Macy
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Ron Macy »

After having three back operations, I can no longer wear a belt.
Also being deprived of a prominent hind quarters, even keeping
a pair of pants up with a pair of light dress suspenders is a challenge.

I either wear a many pockets vest or carry a fanny pack for the
incidentals. It comes out to about five pounds with my CC,
wallet, pocket knife, key ring w/ keys for three vehicles and the house and storage building, medicine bottle etc. I don't know which
is the more convenient but they both work out well.
I'm sure someone out there objects to either.

I'd gladly trade both of them for a good back.
oldgerboy
Levergunner 2.0

Post by oldgerboy »

I have been using one similar to that one for about two years. It works out real well when I'm just wearing a Tee shirt or at a car show or other outdoors social gathering where I didn't want to have a holster on my belt.