Question for the Parker experts

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
765x53
Senior Levergunner

Question for the Parker experts

Post by 765x53 »

A couple of years ago as I was leaving a gun show in Joplin, I intercepted a gentleman carrying in a ML double.
It was a very well kept original in ready to shoot condition. If I had the $300 he was asking I would have bought it on the spot. Especially after seeing the locks were marked Parker.
Relating the story to my gun collecting barber, he said he didn't think Parker ever made muzzle loaders.

If that is so, what did I see?
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Re: Question for the Parker experts

Post by gamekeeper »

I'm no expert but Parker brothers started making shotguns in 1867 as far as I know they were break action breach loaders, however there were in Birmingham England gun makers by the name of Parker, there could also have been Parker's elsewhere in England. Belgium gun makers sometimes put English sounding names on their shotguns all of which could have found their way to America.
I would never say never regarding a muzzle loader by Parker as they were obviously quite capable of making them for a special order. Which would make them very expensive indeed.
Our friend 6pt-sika knows all about Parker shotguns and his knowledge is far superior to mine... :wink:
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
765x53
Senior Levergunner

Post by 765x53 »

Thanks Gamekeeper. From the quality of the piece and the care it had been given over the years, it may have been an import from England.
JRD
Levergunner 2.0

Post by JRD »

If the lock plates are just stamped “Parker” I don’t believe Parker Brothers of Meriden, Connecticut made it.
That added to what gamekeeper said.
Pull the barrels and look for proofs. Very likely it came from Europe.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Parker did make hammer guns, muzzle loading I dont know( dont think so ) but 6pt Sika is our resident Parker guru, I'd seek his input !
BROWN LABS MATTER !!