Hog Hunting in Montana

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
BGR
Levergunner

Hog Hunting in Montana

Post by BGR »

Anyone know of a place to hunt hogs in MT? Or maybe Wyoming or Idaho?
AmBraCol
Webservant

Re: Hog Hunting in Montana

Post by AmBraCol »

BGR wrote:Anyone know of a place to hunt hogs in MT? Or maybe Wyoming or Idaho?
No, I don't. But welcome to the forum! That was quick! I just OK'd your subscription, cleared out some junk, came over and saw your username. :D Welcome aboard.
Paul - in Pereira

"He is the best friend of American liberty who is most sincere and active in promoting true and undefiled religion." -- John Witherspoon

http://www.paulmoreland.com
http://www.pistolpackingpreachers.us
http://www.precisionandina.com
Malamute
Member Emeritus

Post by Malamute »

I've never heard of any hogs being in any of those states, unless in a farmers pen(or maybe an obscure contained hunting ranch). I'm positive there aren't any wild or introduced hogs in any of those states. I doubt any of the game and fish departments have ever allowed introduction.
BGR
Levergunner

Post by BGR »

AmBraCol wrote:
No, I don't. But welcome to the forum! That was quick! I just OK'd your subscription, cleared out some junk, came over and saw your username. :D Welcome aboard.

Thank You!
Montanan
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Montanan »

Iffin you want to hunt hogs up here, your gonna have to sit on a biker bar and wait till they come in for waterin.
Wes
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Wes »

Now that right there's funny Montanan!

I really doubt there's any hog hunting up here either. No game farms like someone else said and any feral hogs winter kill (as do tame ones if you don't take good care of them).

Did see some fairly stout made girls at a bar in Green River that might qualify though.
Cast Bullet Hunter
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Cast Bullet Hunter »

There is, or was a few years ago, in Idaho. It was a commercial operation. Unfortunately I have no further information on it. I'll post it if I can locate anything.
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

welcome to the fire.
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
mescalero1
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mescalero1 »

Wes,
You are going to bring the wrath of the radical feminists to our doorstep!
scr83jp
Levergunner 2.0

Post by scr83jp »

Sus scrofa(pig) is expanding their range all over the country I know they're in upper Michigan from contacts with hunters on another forum who live there and have hunted them in the snow.They're very adaptable, survive & multiply in many climates,CA #1 big game animal is the pig,they're in nevada,arizona .
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

Welcome BGR.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

AFAIK the only Boars & Sows you're gonna get a chance of shooting in MT are Ursine... :wink:

Not that they aren't fun, but I just don't think the Wild Piggies have made it there yet... and when they do the Mountain Kitties are gonna start enjoying Pork.
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
BGR
Levergunner

Post by BGR »

I was hopeing that there was a game farm type of hunt in the area.
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

BGR wrote:I was hopeing that there was a game farm type of hunt in the area.
Dunno, but if there is, I'm sure they would have Site that could be Googled.
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Welcome to the Forum, BGR!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
draperjojo
Levergunner 2.0

Post by draperjojo »

If Utah is close enough for you, we just hunted a private ranch mid April in Corrine and took 5 hogs. One of the guys went back up last week and got a 900 lb'er. 5 other guys went up last Saturday and their's averaged over 800 lb's. I think his website is riverbendhunts.com . I shot two smaller ones, but still ended up with 280 lbs cut and wrapped. When I get low on pork, I'll go back up there again!!
scr83jp
Levergunner 2.0

Post by scr83jp »

I just did a search for wild boar & found a listing in Alberta Canada that's not that far away from MT,maybe they'll move south and take up residency there!
El Chivo
Advanced Levergunner

Post by El Chivo »

thanks for the link, I bookmarked the riverbends page...

There are guided hunts in CA but they don't guarantee a result. The only one I know that does is a high fence operation.
"I'll tell you what living is. You get up when you feel like it. You fry yourself some eggs. You see what kind of a day it is."
wildmanh
Levergunner 1.0

Post by wildmanh »

draperjojo wrote:If Utah is close enough for you, we just hunted a private ranch mid April in Corrine and took 5 hogs. One of the guys went back up last week and got a 900 lb'er. 5 other guys went up last Saturday and their's averaged over 800 lb's. I think his website is riverbendhunts.com . I shot two smaller ones, but still ended up with 280 lbs cut and wrapped. When I get low on pork, I'll go back up there again!!
I have a friend that used to live in Corrine. Didn't know there was a Hunting Ranch there. I've book marked the page. Am alergic to all kinds of pork but the goat and sheep hunt sounds interesting.

Heber
Glen
Levergunner

It's not Montana, but it's close....

Post by Glen »

BGR --

There are 2 game ranches that I know of in the Pacific Northwest. One is Canyon Ranch just outside of Cheney, WA. They offer LARGE trophy boar (i.e. 800 lb feral hogs) and trophy buffalo. No other species that I am aware of and no non-trophys (i.e. meat animals). Prices tend be a little on the high side from what I've seen, but the pictures I've seen of the animals taken on their ranch are indeed impressive.

The second ranch is Clover Creek Ranch in central Oregon (about 20 miles outside of Madras). I will be hunting with some friends on Clover Creek Ranch in about 3 weeks. Two of us will be hunting buffalo, and the third will be going after a meat hog. Clover Creek offers feral hogs, Russian boar, buffalo, asiatic water buffalo, ibex and several species of sheep and goats, and they have their price structure broken down for trophy and non-trophy animals. Reservations are needed, typically about a year in advance.
Glen
Cast Bullet Hunter
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Cast Bullet Hunter »

Here is the only one I could find in Idaho. Same game, two names.

Idaho Wild Boar Hunting

Shoshone Wild Pig Hunting Preserve

Offering a 500 acre ranch all for hunting purposes so that every hunter will have all the space he/she needs for a fruitful hunt. Hunting can be done using a bow, pistol, rifle or black powder. The wild boars in the area are around 150-300 pounds.

Other species that can be hunt: sheep

Contact Info:
Address: 251 West Thorne Creek Rd Shoshone, ID 83352
Phone: 208-886-7072
E-Mail: leolsen@earthlink.net

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The European Wild Boar Hunt

Both guided and unguided hunts are available here. Offering a 440 acre ranch, this is the place for all hunting enthusiasts. Wild boars have an average weight between 150 and 300 pounds but there are some exceptions and if you are lucky you might catch a 400 pound one.

Other species that can be hunt: deer, mouflan sheep

Contact Info:
Address: 251 West Thorncreek Road Shoshone, ID 83352
Phone: 208-886-7072
E-Mail: leolsen@earthlink.net