POLITICS - Non Energy Crisis

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
alaskaman
Levergunner

POLITICS - Non Energy Crisis

Post by alaskaman »

Take a look at this video and the date when this person gave his lecture. The video is long, but worth watching. I knew the people this fellow is talking about at Prudhoe Bay on the North Slope. I was at Prudhoe Bay when they burned the crude oil at Gull Island. My nephew helped build the gravel pad for the drill rig on Gull Island and has pictures of them burning the crude oil. One more thing to think about... the cost to make arctic grade diesel fuel (which is the best there is) at Prudhoe Bay, at todays crude oil price is 11 cents per gallon.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 2&q=&hl=en

Alaskaman
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

welcome to the forum
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

Welcome Alaskaman, I'm sure you could answer a lot of questions the rest of us have no idea about. I'd still like to find someone that can tell me why they drilled an oil well on my Mom's place in Ft. Myers , Fla 22 years ago and they've never pumped the first barrel of oil from it. it's down there... they know it's down there. they say we're having a supply problem and they aren't even using what they have available now?
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

I think every cell tower and windmill should be a drill rig too. Let's maximize what we've got here and minimize what we buy there.

Can't we all just get along ?
Coldfingers
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Coldfingers »

I often see things out in the oilpatch that make me just crazy. Wanton Wast to say the least. Lots of rumors about capped wells just waiting till "the price is right.

What do I know though...I'm just a dumb truck driver, burning fuel to haul fuel to make fuel. Viscious cycle it is and no end in sight.

The environemental bean counters have not helped. Burning more low sulphur fuel to haul low sulphur fuel to save a few parts per million. The decrease in mileage in my tractor with LS fuel is quite noticable. Much more tanker traffic to get the LS up the road. Gonna be a wild winter trying to keep up.
Porquipines are peacefull creatures but God still saw fit to give them quills
Quick Karl

Post by Quick Karl »

I watched the entire video… I wonder what the cure will be? Seems to me that a lot of ordinary people are going to suffer much more than they ever realize, or can endure.

This is what happens when The People vote for handouts – you get fed a pile of stuff that your grandchildren are seriously going to pay for… That’s the legacy that the post depression era has passed onto to our progeny by voting for your g*d-d**ned entitlements, empowering the scum that would do this to your own grandchildren, but caring not, so long as you got yours.

There isn’t a single person left in this country with balls large enough to start doing anything other than sit on their large rear-ends and whine about it as if they actually had a clue.

Disgusting wretched undeserving hoarde.
bunklocoempire
Senior Levergunner

Post by bunklocoempire »

Saw this a couple days ago and started digging.

From a strategic point one would want to use other countries oil first.

Economy wise it is more benificial (for the FederalReserve and our fiscally irresponsible government) to keep proping up our fiat currency, that is sending the deflating dollar overseas. Keep writing the checks and hope they never clear the bank.

The practice of all this aid we send to foreign countries also backs this up.With a 9 trillion dollar deficit we clearly can't afford to "help", but through

the World Bank and the IMF we get to perpetuate the dollar, there is always strings attached with our "help".

Some country switches to NOT accepting the dollar for oil and see what happens next. Iraq, Iran, Venuzuala. Coincidence?

Oil seems to be pegged to the price of gold, OPEC does adjust their output to keep their oil priced high enough to compete with the inflation that WE'RE exporting to all of THEM.

Add in the speculaters and that's where we're at.

Ron Paul is the only candidate who talks of getting back to the gold standard. And hasn't dropped out.

It's fun to talk about Repubs vs. Dems with drilling and refineing here at home, but really, do you think they want to level with us and control spending or continue like they are?

Our Government with the Federal Reserve printing money at will = NO FISCAL RESPONSIBILITY.

And again, the Federal Reserve is UN-Constitutional.

Bunkloco
“We, as a group, now have a greater moral responsibility to act than those who live in ignorance, once you become knowledgeable you have an obligation to do something about it.” Ron Paul
Quick Karl

Post by Quick Karl »

Quote from the movie Platoon

Dialogue between the characters King (Keith David), Crawford (Chris Pedersen), and Chris Taylor (Charlie Sheen).

King: Hey, Taylor, how in the **** you get here anyway? You look educated.

Chris Taylor: I volunteered for it.

King: You did what?

Chris Taylor: I volunteered. I dropped out of college, told 'em I wanted the infantry, combat, Vietnam.

Crawford: You volunteered for this pelosi, man?

Chris Taylor: Believe that?

King: You's a crazy ****, giving up college?

Chris Taylor: Didn't make much sense, I wasn't learning anything. I figured why should just the poor kids go off to war and the rich kids always get away with it.

King: Oh, I see, what we got here is a crusader.

Crawford: Sounds like it.

King: Shiiit, you gotta be rich in the first place to think like that.
Ever'body know, the poor are always being **** over by the rich. Always have, always will.

Quick Karl: That about sums up the history of man and truer words were never spoken... I will never forget the moment I heard that line during the movie - the reality of it was just disgusting.
alaskaman
Levergunner

Post by alaskaman »

Coldfingers

If your thinking that you are trucking fuel now, wait till the end of this year. The word out on the street is that it is going to take between seven and ten truck loads per day to keep Prudhoe Bay supplied with enough diesel fuel. That means the haul road is going to become a real mess to drive on. It also means the state of Alaska is going to have to get more people and equipment to maintain the road and guess who is going to get to pay for that!

Alaskaman
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Coldfingers wrote:I often see things out in the oilpatch that make me just crazy. Wanton Wast to say the least. Lots of rumors about capped wells just waiting till "the price is right.
Same thing in health care - I could telephone results of lab work to a patient for $3.40 a minute (my overhead is $3.00 a minute and I make about $23/hour and would like to maintain that), but the insurance companies WON'T LET ME. Our contracts usually stipulate we can only be paid for "face to face" time.

So...the patient takes a day off work (costing employer a hundred bucks), drives to the office (gas money), and sits there for an hour waiting for me (because the last patient brought in 8 pages of insurance stuff to wade through for their sore throat), then I see them, do what I COULD have (and would often RATHER have) done over the phone, charge their insurance $140, subtract a contractual kickback of $56 I pay the insurer for the privilege of seeing 'their' patient, get paid $84, then pay an overhead of $70, and wind up with $14. Most likely the patient paid $30 "co-pay" for the visit, and pays out the wazoo for their health insurance.

I'd have made the call for $15, which is half what they'll pay out of pocket for the office visit, plus they don't have to drive, wait, and miss a day's work. But patients insist on getting insurance coverage for their office visits, because they think it's a "good deal" - nothing but a waste of money, but unless they pull away from that kind of insurance, I can't help them, so I'll just play by the rules and laugh to myself when patients complain about the high cost of health care and want the government to step in.

It is just like the hight cost of gas and the people who want to "solve" the matter by involving the government, whose regulations are the biggest CAUSE of high prices. Ironic, huh?

In a nutshell, what could have been done over the phone for a few bucks and no inconvenience, turns into a day-long, big-bucks issue, merely because the patient didn't want to pay for their minor health care, and elected to have the union/government/insurance/employer involved.

I think it is stupid, but I'll be darned if I'll work for less than $23/hr with two college degrees and the kind of responsibility a physician has to have!

Like most things the government "regulates" or "fixes" - energy, health care, the schools, etc. - be careful what you ask for! They love to make things worse so they can "help" us...!
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Jeeps
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Jeeps »

I'm still listening to him, I'm at the part where he talks about Bush senior taking
out Sadam.

After he says we told Sadam we wouldn't get involved if he took back Kuwait
he stated Bush Sr. went to topple him but he couldn't because Sadam was too
strong.

I had friends in that war, we walked through that place like Gods of War as far
as I can tell. He says "they" had to wait eight years before we could try again. I doesn't seem to hold water, I could be wrong, but it seems he has a
bone to pick with R's and not D's.

If what he says is true, R's and D's would have to be in it together.
Jeeps

Semper Fidelis

Pay attention to YOUR Bill of Rights, in this day and age it is all we have.
bunklocoempire
Senior Levergunner

Post by bunklocoempire »

Jeeps wrote:I'm still listening to him, I'm at the part where he talks about Bush senior taking
out Sadam.

strong.

as I can tell. He says "they" had to wait eight years before we could try again. I doesn't seem to hold water, I could be wrong, but it seems he has a

If what he says is true, R's and D's would have to be in it together
R and D's together is key. Stereotypically Repubs favor big business and Dems favor entitlements, these both are accomplished by manipulating

the value of the dollar and letting the taxpayers foot the bill of a fiat currency. We're seeing another bubble because of this practice. And this

one is really putting the hurt on us. All this can be avoided if we grow our economy naturally instead of being controlled by the Federal Reserve.

Of course that would mean less big quick profits for the big corporations and less entitlements for the masses. There would still be bubbles if we

got back to the gold standard but they would not be nearly severe. Interesting how the "stimulus checks" were conceived shortly before the huge jump in oil prices.

Bunkloco
“We, as a group, now have a greater moral responsibility to act than those who live in ignorance, once you become knowledgeable you have an obligation to do something about it.” Ron Paul
Quick Karl

Post by Quick Karl »

Jeeps wrote:I'm still listening to him, I'm at the part where he talks about Bush senior taking
out Sadam.

strong.

I'm surprised that more people aren't suspicious about the fact that first daddy Bush went to war against Saddam, and then Jr. Bush did... and they both had Cheney on board.

But it's not about oil...

Ya and I have a 10-ft long... well, you know.

I think daddy Bush was afraid that the entire middle east would hate us if we overstepped the UN mandate to kick Saddam out of Kuwait, and Jr. Bush proved daddy was right.

Now the Saudis are telling Jr. to stick it, and the stronger the Chinese get, the more likely they are to tell us to really stick it or they will let China defend them instead of us.
505stevec
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 505stevec »

"The day commeth when everyone will cry PEACE and SAFETY, then sudden destruction will come." If Obama is not the beggining of the end. then we have nothing to fear. Actually even if he is, we have nothing to fear. God is in control.
Quick Karl

Post by Quick Karl »

I know this will disappoint many readers, but I am seriously contemplating a protest vote, FOR Obama - my way of thumbing my nose at the status quo in Washington, the choice on both sides of the isle, and the foolish wretched horde of voters that sacrifice freedom for entitlements.

Someome said we need to clean the spiderwebs out of the attic - I think we need to get rid of the spiders...
TomD
Levergunner 3.0

Post by TomD »

" I think we need to get rid of the spiders..."

I guess it's a mater of whether electing a guy who has been a politician in training his whole life, a senator, has the most pro government voting record in the senate, and actually seems to have a gift for playing the game, is the right prottest vote against the washington way.
bunklocoempire
Senior Levergunner

Post by bunklocoempire »

Quick Karl wrote:I know this will disappoint many readers, but I am seriously contemplating a protest vote, FOR Obama - my way of thumbing my nose at the status quo in Washington, the choice on both sides of the isle, and the foolish wretched horde of voters that sacrifice freedom for entitlements.

Someome said we need to clean the spiderwebs out of the attic - I think we need to get rid of the spiders...
You may want to research this http://www.constitutionparty.com/ if they are on the ballot in your state. They are in Hawaii and I am considering, I will not vote Juan globalwarming credits McAmnesty.
Quick Karl

Post by Quick Karl »

bunklocoempire wrote:
Quick Karl wrote:I know this will disappoint many readers, but I am seriously contemplating a protest vote, FOR Obama - my way of thumbing my nose at the status quo in Washington, the choice on both sides of the isle, and the foolish wretched horde of voters that sacrifice freedom for entitlements.

You may want to research this http://www.constitutionparty.com/ if they are on the ballot in your state. They are in Hawaii and I am considering, I will not vote Juan globalwarming credits McAmnesty.
I think a vote for Obama, who actually stands a real chance of winning, would be a much better spit-in-the-face to our distgusting leaders of all breeds.
TomD
Levergunner 3.0

Post by TomD »

Sounds like you actually prefer him.

Protest votes are funny, we got a 3rd party in one time here in Ontario. The first and second party voters thought they would really show those guys!
Quick Karl

Post by Quick Karl »

TomD wrote:Sounds like you actually prefer him.

Protest votes are funny, we got a 3rd party in one time here in Ontario. The first and second party voters thought they would really show those guys!
I would prefer anyone over Hillary or McCain, but all the remaining alternate choices haven't the slightest chance.

I'd vote for Bozo the Clown if he had a chance of winning.