Rossi/EMF forearm removal - ?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
1x2
Levergunner

Rossi/EMF forearm removal - ?

Post by 1x2 »

Hey gang,

I have an EMF Hartford in 44 magnum (awesome shooter, BTW); I'd like to get the forearm off for a minute, but it seems stuck, or I'm missing something. I've removed the two foreend cap screws and slid the cap forward, but the forearm, she no budge. Should I just pull harder, or is there a secret?

Also, I once upon a time had a link to the exploded diagram of the Rossi, but can't find it- can anyone help?

Thanks,
1x2
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Rifle, remove magazine cap screw - same as above, under spring pressure, remove two screws on forend cap, remove cap, slide magazine and spring (watch for follower) forward until you've cleared the forend. Forend should just fall. May be tight fit.

Hope that helped.

For better instructions and details, check out Marauder's Tune-up Tips
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Tycer »

Hagler told me the forearm on the one he has is fused to the mag tube.
Kind regards,
Tycer
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - https://peakprosperity.com/ - http://www.guntalk.com
Hagler
Senior Levergunner

Post by Hagler »

Tycer,

"Fused" is close!

Judicious application of a rubber mallet is a good persuader! :D ...and some firm, careful twisting & pulling of the mag tube from the wood is helpful, too. Of course, this is after the tube & wood combo is removed from the rifle! :oops: :lol: :shock: :D

Seriously, either Rossi did not dry the forearm thoroughly & it shrunk, of they jammed the magazine tube into it, or both. The forearm should NOT be that tight. The colorant/ black finish on this rifle may be acting like a glue, too.

Shawn
"That's right, Billy, I'm good with it. I hit what I shoot at, and I'm fast!"-Lucas McCain, c1882.
ImageImage
Leverdude
Senior Levergunner

Post by Leverdude »

I thought the tube was pinned to the tube hanger deal up front.
Could swear I needed to drift out that pin to get the tube moveing forward, but it has been a coupla years. :)
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Leverdude wrote:I thought the tube was pinned to the tube hanger deal up front.
Could swear I needed to drift out that pin to get the tube moveing forward, but it has been a coupla years. :)
You are SO right. I knew i WAS forgetting something. Why I included the link to Marauder's Tips.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Hagler
Senior Levergunner

Post by Hagler »

Gents,

Tycer & I were talking about a Rossi CARBINE, from the Interarms days. Yep, the RIFLE is a different animal.

Shawn
"That's right, Billy, I'm good with it. I hit what I shoot at, and I'm fast!"-Lucas McCain, c1882.
ImageImage
1x2
Levergunner

Post by 1x2 »

Ahah! Marauder's Tune-up Tips. That's the stuff! Thanks, guys, and thanks for the experiences and hints. :D

1x2