My new affliction !

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

My new affliction !

Post by 6pt-sika »

I blame my BIL first as he wanted me to purchase an air rifle for him and bring it to the PI .
5A0F0C9E-1D8E-46E8-BFEE-7F0600126EC0.jpeg
I looked at one of these last week and test fired it with pleasing results and ordered a new . Rifle arrived Monday but I just got in to the shop today for the first time this week . It’s a Seneca Dragon Claw 50 caliber . Deer beware
56729A16-8648-4309-8BCF-52487BCF63F0.jpeg
E98C33B0-12B9-4A9D-9030-65B3E93D2A99.jpeg
88568DD3-585E-41ED-900B-35F8E6E67054.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Re: My new affliction !

Post by AJMD429 »

Range Report required ASAP....!!!
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

I've been on the fence for years, I really want a big bore airgun but geeze the compressors are pricey! Been thinking about a 30 or a 357.

Yes, a range report please.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

Projectile weight? What kind of velocity is that capable of?
NRA Life Member
CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by CowboyTutt »

Hey 6pt! I have the 45 caliber Light Hunter and had it tuned. I get a 200 grain hollow pt to go 800 fps. There is a new outfit that can make it go even faster. You can also get a "shoe box" compressor for $400 or so, or get a retired fire department air tank and hose and find someone to charge it for you. -Tutt
"It ain't dead! As long as there's ONE COWBOY taking care of ONE COW, it ain't dead!!!" (the Cowboy Way)
-Monte Walsh (Selleck version)

"These battered wings still kick up dust." -Peter Gabriel
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

CowboyTutt wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 7:06 pm Hey 6pt! I have the 45 caliber Light Hunter and had it tuned. I get a 200 grain hollow pt to go 800 fps. There is a new outfit that can make it go even faster. You can also get a "shoe box" compressor for $400 or so, or get a retired fire department air tank and hose and find someone to charge it for you. -Tutt
I ordered a compressor on Amaaaaazooooon today was I think $425 shipped . The one I test fired last week was identical to this one and he supposedly plunked a decent 8 point buck at 136 yards boom flop although it broke bone . Anyway for my own use which will be inside 100 yards I should be fine with it as is shooting a .495” roundball. That’s what this fellow said he killed his buck with . Now granted I need to get the thing on paper and shot it at distance and over my Chrony , but at the moment I feel pretty good about the what I plan on doing with it .
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Incidentally this thing will shoot shot capsules and arrows should the need arise . I doubt the need for that ever arises I’ve got plenty shotguns and a crossbow .
CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by CowboyTutt »

136 yards is impressive with these things. This is who tuned mine, his name is Will Piatt.

https://sites.google.com/site/saddlemou ... smith/home

He did excellent work for me and a real pleasure to work with. I had him do some additional things like installing a 2 hole DW front Battlesight with multiple zeros. I recently zero'd my 45 to 100 yards using the top flat. That maxed out the rear Williams receiver sight so beyond that will use the DW Battle sight for longer ranges. Sadly DW seem to have ceased selling sights last year. :cry:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJw74JUW40I

Will also installed 3 Brownell's "Twilight apertures" that thread into the bottom of the buttstock with some help from McPherson using his inserts and jig to drill them into the stock.

The other outfit I mentioned is these guys here. I have not used them, but they currently have the latest cutting edge technology to get the most performance out of a Seneca PCP. They claim they can keep the benefits of what Will did for me. So I will eventually send it out to them for an upgrade, provided they can keep the same trigger pull.

http://www.cap-guns.com/index.php?route=common/home

Nice choice my friend.

-Tutt
"It ain't dead! As long as there's ONE COWBOY taking care of ONE COW, it ain't dead!!!" (the Cowboy Way)

6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

CowboyTutt wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 7:19 pm 136 yards is impressive with these things. This is who tuned mine, his name is Will Piatt.

https://sites.google.com/site/saddlemou ... smith/home

He did excellent work for me and a real pleasure to work with. I had him do some additional things like installing a 2 hole DW front Battlesight with multiple zeros. I recently zero'd my 45 to 100 yards using the top flat. That maxed out the rear Williams receiver sight so beyond that will use the DW Battle sight for longer ranges. Sadly DW seem to have ceased selling sights last year. :cry:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJw74JUW40I

Will also installed 3 Brownell's "Twilight apertures" that thread into the bottom of the buttstock with some help from McPherson using his inserts and jig to drill them into the stock.

The other outfit I mentioned is these guys here. I have not used them, but they currently have the latest cutting edge technology to get the most performance out of a Seneca PCP. They claim they can keep the benefits of what Will did for me. So I will eventually send it out to them for an upgrade, provided they can keep the same trigger pull.

http://www.cap-guns.com/index.php?route=common/home

Nice choice my friend.

-Tutt
I was watching I think he’s called up north air Guns on YouTube and he test drove a Seneca 50 that had the cap-guns upgrades . Think it works out to about $500-600 worth of work on a $700 dollar air rifle . I’ll try it next season and if I’m not satisfied I might do the upgrade . The energy reading is kinda lost on me but the difference in velocity from stock to upgraded was noticeable . If I’m not mistaken with a .495” roundball he was getting 975 or so .
CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by CowboyTutt »

Might be worth a look at:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3i7gWywVvqQ

-Tutt

6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

CowboyTutt wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 9:22 pm Might be worth a look at:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3i7gWywVvqQ

-Tutt
Thanks , that’s the video I watched earlier .
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

You have many afflictions !!! :wink:
I'd like to try that too!
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

RIHMFIRE wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 7:12 am You have many afflictions !!! :wink:
I'd like to try that too!
I dunno the rifle category has been whittled down as has the handgun category . Shotguns are running rampant but that’s the only one at present LOL’s !
Paul105
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Paul105 »

What's "light gas" mentioned on second site (cap-gun?)? 300gr conical at 1,000 + fps

Thanks,

Paul
CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by CowboyTutt »

Paul, its some proprietary blend of gases they use. It has to be some helium and something mix. I'm not really buying it. I will look into a helium set-up in the near future, I think my seals will hold it according to my tuner, Will Piatt. -Tutt

6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

I ordered a small compressor made for these things and got it week before last . I ordered and recieved a pair of Lee double cavity .495” round ball molds yesterday . I had looked around at home and found a NIB Athlon 4-16x40 AO scope that’ll work nicely on this thing . But I still need to get a set of steel scope rings . As you can tell I’m not overly motivated to get started on this thing I’m getting in clay target mode again . But eventually this thing will get taken care of :wink: