Barrels for Winchesters

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Pat C
Levergunner 3.0

Barrels for Winchesters

Post by Pat C »

Anyone here have a reproduction barrel from Winchester Barrels or Mike Hunter Restorations ?

Trying to decide whether I'm going to make it myself or use one of these two vendors.

Myself ,blank costs $250 ,reamer for 50-95 is $213 PTG
Engraving ? Lot of time

Winchester barrels $550 turn key
Mike Hunter $ 850
Malamute
Member Emeritus

Re: Barrels for Winchesters

Post by Malamute »

Be absolutely certain everyone involved understands what you want and will receive. I had a barrel done by hunter, it was very definitely NOT compatible with my intended use and i absolutely would NOT have agreed to what he did if I had known up front. Life issues delayed my project for some time, but when I got back to it and realized what the condition of the barrel was and tried to contact him about it he did not respond to any messages i sent. YMMV.
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat." -Theodore Roosevelt-

Isnt it amazing how many people post without reading the thread?
Pat C
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Pat C »

My project is to make a new barrel for my 1876 frame but most know me it will have to be perfectly done exact replica down to the font on the Winchester markings .

Making the barrel is no problem for me but I'll have to send it for engraving to mark the legends and caliber .
Hand stamps will not suffice. And crappy CNC engraving will not suit me.

Trouble is I will have as much in it as the Winchester Barrels price almost.
Mike Hunter
Member Emeritus

Post by Mike Hunter »

Malamute

Ok, old post, but you had a barrel made by me.... what was the issue with the barrel?

Thanks

Mike