Members from California....

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Members from California....

Post by .45colt »

Prayers Up for our members who live there . pretty nasty weather for quite a while. Hope You Guys are safe.
piller
Posting leader...

Re: Members from California....

Post by piller »

Kind of sounds as if they are being power washed right now. Hope they stay safe.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Just looked up my old zip code and they have a high today of 62ºF, moving up to the high 60s later this week, not getting rain until Saturday. Surf reports don't look spectacular!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

My couple friends down in central Ca. are tickled to death about this rain! They've been in drought conditions so many years now that this is a real break for them. And some of the higher elevations are actually getting snow build up!
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by CowboyTutt »

Hey Guys, as a life long California resident and having lived as far south as San Diego County and as far north as Mendocino County as of just last end of October, the overall situation for many in the state is pretty grim. Lots of flooding, high tides destroying Northern California State Beaches, high winds, highway closures, evacuation orders etc, etc. Here in far Southern Californian well south of Los Angeles we have been more fortunate but even local areas like Silverado Canyon in Southern Orange County have had voluntary evacuation orders. Being as I just left Mendocino County months ago, I'm glad to be sitting this one out for what is happening up in the Bay Area, Marin County, Santa Cruz County, Mendocino County and other places. I am living on the tail end of all these storms in Southern California but even we have not been immune to what it happening here. Worst part, most of this water get drained back into the ocean in Southern California. Governor Nuisance completely squandered his first term in office, and now is just considering ideas like desalination plants (which makes sense with rising sea levels if you ask me) or underground tunnels to move water.

Personally, I don't understand how we couldn't modify our aqueduct system to trap water with removable or adjustable damns. But what do I I know.

-Tutt
"It ain't dead! As long as there's ONE COWBOY taking care of ONE COW, it ain't dead!!!" (the Cowboy Way)
-Monte Walsh (Selleck version)

"These battered wings still kick up dust." -Peter Gabriel
Alan Wood
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Alan Wood »

Here in the Orangevale suburb of Sacramento the weather hasn't been particularly threatening since around 4 yesterday morning. Slow light rain (many of you would say it is sprinkling ) not heavy. And they claim that tomorrow will be dry. We will see. Up in the foothills and mountains on the other hand it seems to have rained quite a bit yesterday and today. The flooding you have heard about is basically an agricultural area south of the City . This weekend will be interesting in all the wrong ways weatherwise.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

This is rain and hail at the top of a mountain in Atascadero. Rained for a couple days, power out a couple days. My daughter’s Doberman was beside himself; the basset hounds ignored the whole thing. Roads blocked with flooding.

https://share.icloud.com/photos/071GHXz ... y4ufrOjeQg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

That's impressive, OS. I heard San Francisco even had some hail.
Friend in Chico is getting by, but he has a full generator backup. Wind snapped the top out of one of his redwoods and nearly took. out the well, however. Sad that so little of this is being trapped for future use.
1894cfan
Senior Levergunner

Post by 1894cfan »

Yup, all that's true, but at least the aquifers are getting some water to replenish them. :)
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

That is hail you see on the deck.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...