Shasta......?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Shasta......?

Post by .45colt »

I Hope All is well with Him in California , I sent Him P.M. about a week ago about all the rain. no response.
Shasta
Senior Levergunner
Location: Shasta County, the far right stronghold in California

Re: Shasta......?

Post by Shasta »

.45colt, I never got your pm, and I do appreciate your thinking of me. I'm staying indoors out of all this rain and cold. The pellet stove is running non-stop and burning about 40 lbs. of pellets per day. I haven't been able to get out shooting for three months because of the rain and some health issues, but I plan to attend a Smallbore silhouette match this coming Sunday. No flooding in my neighborhood, but other parts of Redding did get some brief flooding. I was concerned about landslides since all the hills around here burned off in the 2018 Carr Fire, but there haven't been any nearby. The good news is that Whiskeytown Lake and Shasta Lake are both finally on the rise after these years of drought. Last night was well below freezing and there have been a bunch of car accidents this morning due to icy roads. It looks like the weather is going to clear up for the next few days. Might have to dig out my fishing pole.

Shasta
California Rifle & Pistol Association LIFE Member
National Rifle Association BENEFACTOR LIFE Member

http://www.hcrpclub.org/schedule.html

avatar pic is Shasta Dam, Shasta Lake, & Mt. Shasta
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

That's Great News!! I was hoping You didn't get a bunch of mudslides because of that fire. Stay warms and safe. :D .
Mike Armstrong
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Mike Armstrong »

Shasta, are there still any Kokanees in Whiskeytown? Last time I was up there before the drought got bad the feeder stream by the main campground was bright red with spawners and you had to watch your step because of all the bear stuff around it. Wonder of any of the little guys made it through the drought and drawdown. They usually live pretty deep in a lake; maybe that saved some breeding stock....

Mike Armstrong
Shasta
Senior Levergunner
Location: Shasta County, the far right stronghold in California

Post by Shasta »

Yep Mike, Whiskeytown is well known for Kokanee but you do have to go deep. I haven't fished for them in a few years, but last time I did we had the downriggers at 90 feet. I prefer catching stocked trout up by the Carr Powerhouse. Much easier.

Shasta
California Rifle & Pistol Association LIFE Member
National Rifle Association BENEFACTOR LIFE Member

http://www.hcrpclub.org/schedule.html

avatar pic is Shasta Dam, Shasta Lake, & Mt. Shasta