.41 Mag Combos

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

.41 Mag Combos

Post by GunnyMack »

Someone had to do it ! :D
20230815_150517.jpg
Henry 41 Big Boy and Blackhawk 41mag.
A few of Bill's 240 gr bullets and an old box of Remington 210 SP ( very accurate!)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
JimT
Shootist

Re: .41 Mag Combos

Post by JimT »

I sold my Marlin 1894 .41 Mag to close friend back in 2010 when we moved to Mozambique. That along with my Bowen .41 Mag made a great combo. Killed Whitetail with both, though I killed a LOT more deer with the handgun than the Marlin. You have a good combo there!
Ray Newman
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray Newman »

I have a 2006 Marlin FG and a Ruger Ruger Bisley 41 magnum. Ruger fired case dated 8/15/2003 and it was part of a special run revolver made for and distributed by Acusport. I keep telling myself I needa S&W M57 6".

I find the .41 is a enjoyable round to shoot. I don't load hot rounds, just enough to "feel a bit of a snap" when fired. Can't understand why it is not a more popular calibre.
The most important aspect of this signature line is that you don't realize it doesn't say anything significant until you are just about done reading it & then it is too late to stop reading it....
Grand Poo Bah WA F.E.S.

In real life may you be the bad butt that you claim to be on social media.
Walt
Senior Levergunner

Post by Walt »

Gunny, I figured I'd see your .41 mag combo sooner or later. Have you had an opportunity to work up a good load for your Ruger?

Thanks for the picture!
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

I've had this BH for going on 20 years and all I do is pick a load and go plink. Never decided to find The Load for it. It spends most of its time with 6 210hps in it on top of a cabinet by the back door for if a bear gets in the yard.
I'll get to trying those 240 cast out of it one of these days
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
JBowen
Levergunner 2.0

Post by JBowen »

Nice guns Gunny. I don't have any .41s. I never ran across any around here.

Ray Newman-- You know what they say about no pictures! All kiddin' aside, those sound like great forearms.

JBowen
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Ain’t much difference between 41 Mags and the 38-40……010? Maybe power but not class….

Both Colts…Lightning made in 1888 and a single action made in 1902.

1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD