It's That Time of the Year

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
COSteve
Advanced Levergunner

It's That Time of the Year

Post by COSteve »

So, last Tuesday it was in the 80°s and sunny and today it never made it to 25° and snowing. :D

We're now forecast to get a total of 12" of snow by Sunday morning. Monday, the low will be 9°. :o

Winter has come to the Rockies! :lol:
Steve
Retired and Living the Good Life
No Matter Where You Go, There You Are
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Re: It's That Time of the Year

Post by GunnyMack »

That's the state motto of Colorado
'Don't like the weather?- wait 15 minutes '
When I lived in Trinidad it always snowed for Halloween, below 0 for Thanksgiving, nice around Christmas and snow for Easter.
What I'll always remember was being snowed on the first day of summer. So I was at 12000 feet fishing at the time but it was still June 21st.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Steve, yesterday morning it dropped from 74 to 55 in 20 minutes here in the Rolling Plains of West Central Texas. I know -- "this ain't no Blue Norther" -- but it got my attention, especially after such a long summer of endless triples. Today, 50s all day and now as "day is done," there's is some kind of weird Texas fog just above the trees. We are supposed to be in for it tomorrow and the taste of your cold front will translate to lows near freezing and highs in the low 40s by Monday, with a killing frost Halloween night. I am going to put a five-gallon bucket over my basil and see if I can nurse it along for another few weeks. Are y'all ready to "Fall back" a week from tomorrow? :lol:
Walt
Senior Levergunner

Post by Walt »

My son is on an elk hunt north of Vail in the high country. I'm a little worried about him but he and his partner are well-equiped.