Mozambique Report

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
JimT
Shootist

Mozambique Report

Post by JimT »

Since returning to the US in 2016 I have stayed involved with the work in Mozambique. Don and Elizabeth Kantel (who Twyla and I worked with while there) have kept up support for the young people we were helping. Don and his wife are retired now, back home in Canada, but have continued to oversee the progress of these young Mozambicans. I am grateful to be a small part of seeing these amazing youth grow up and become some who will make a difference in their nation.

Jim

Summerside, PE
January 1, 2024

Dear Friends and Partners in Ministry,
As we begin a new year, we reflect with gratitude on the faithfulness and generosity of all who have shared spiritually and financially in 2023 to make this on-going ministry possible.

Our work in northern Mozambique began in 2005, and thousands of lives have been transformed by the Father’s love and the gospel message of hope over nearly two decades. Hundreds of children and families have been supported to remain healthy and in school. Dozens have already completed secondary school. And a growing number have completed or are currently pursuing vocational or post-secondary education and training.

As I write, we are supporting seven young women in nursing programs; one young man in training to become a naval officer; one training to be a medical technician; one pursuing a degree in accountancy; one training to be a police officer; and three in the lengthy program to become medical doctors. During the past year alone, four completed university degrees; four completed police training; two became nurses and one a medical technician. These are notable accomplishments…considering that every one of these young people comes from a background of poverty beyond anything we know in the Western world; most are fatherless; and many are total orphans. And not one of them has a parent who ever completed primary school!

Two of the teens our sponsors are currently supporting were born HIV-positive. Their mothers had AIDS and in both cases died many years ago. The antiretrovirals we provide keep these young people healthy and able to live a normal life. Without our intervention, both would be dead today!

Two of our current nursing students had been forced into prostitution by the utter hopelessness of their poverty. Today, their hearts are filled with gratitude to the Lord and to their Canadian sponsors for giving them a new chance at real life. One wrote to me recently that she’s now living her dream and wants more than anything to make her sponsor proud of her.

All our supported young people know the Lord. He has replaced their former life of degradation with one of dignity…their former hopelessness with a lively hope of a better life in this world and the hope of Glory in God’s eternal presence.

Thank you for your part in this continuing miracle of love as we enter a new year.

Blessings,

Don
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Re: Mozambique Report

Post by gamekeeper »

It's truly amazing what those youngsters can achieve after starting life with so many disadvantages …
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Iris has been a blessing to those kids, Jim, and you and Twyla were part of it.
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

Seeing 'em grow up has been really cool.
DSC06438.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Pat C
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Pat C »

My Uncle has done mission work since 80's in and around Chiang Mai . Devoted his entire life to this helping children ,teaching the gospel .His family lived there full time for years .
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

This was our house in Mozambique ... right on the Indian Ocean.
home.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

JimT wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 2:02 pm Seeing 'em grow up has been really cool. DSC06438.JPG
I pray every day that I make a positive difference in someone's life, and hopefully lead them to our Lord through my words and deeds.

You and Twyla made that positive difference, Jim. I have no doubt that Twyla was greeted by our Lord with "well done, good and faithful servant".
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

Thanks for sharing this ! It is so refreshing to see Abba's Love in action . . . and blessed memories . . . and more on the way.