Red Dot and Blue Dot

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Rimfire McNutjob
Advanced Levergunner

Red Dot and Blue Dot

Post by Rimfire McNutjob »

These two are back in stock at Powder Valley. Not sure how long that will last. Just a heads up.
... I love poetry, long walks on the beach, and poking dead things with a stick.
Rimfire McNutjob
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Red Dot and Blue Dot

Post by Rimfire McNutjob »

The Blue Dot is just in 4# jugs now. The Red Dot is now gone. It's hard to believe how bad the Alliant supply is. Hodgdon and Accurate don't seem to be having this much trouble.
... I love poetry, long walks on the beach, and poking dead things with a stick.
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

Any Alliant has been impossible to get. I've been looking for RL7 for a long, long time.
NRA Life Member
JBowen
Levergunner 2.0

Post by JBowen »

TedH wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 7:08 pm Any Alliant has been impossible to get. I've been looking for RL7 for a long, long time.
Ted, I worked up loads in my .444 with RL7 and IMR 4198, and did not find much difference in the groups. May have been a slight
edge for the RL7. If you are completely out you might try it.

JBowen
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

JBowen wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 8:53 pm
TedH wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 7:08 pm Any Alliant has been impossible to get. I've been looking for RL7 for a long, long time.
Ted, I worked up loads in my .444 with RL7 and IMR 4198, and did not find much difference in the groups. May have been a slight
edge for the RL7. If you are completely out you might try it.

JBowen
I shoot a lot of RL7 in 6 different 375 Winchesters I have. It's the cat's meow for the 375. I'm not completely out yet, but dangerously close. I have used Accurate 1680 with decent results but really hope I don't have work up new loads.
NRA Life Member
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

I had a veritable pile of Red Dot a little while ago . Sold one person an older 12 pound keg and another friend an 8 pounder . But I’ve still got over twenty pounds of Unique and I think 12-14 pounds of Green Dot . I had a bunch of Blue Dot and liquidated all of it except one four pounder .
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

In the 444 with cast I used A LOT of H322 with bullets up to about 350-375 grains . I also used Varget at first with cast in the 444 with 380-425 grainers but I had a bit of trouble getting enough powder in the case to get them going fast enough to suit myself and when I tried RL-7 that problem was cured .
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !