Battle of Adobe Walls

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Walt
Senior Levergunner

Battle of Adobe Walls

Post by Walt »

A month or two ago there had been some posts regarding the Battle of Adobe Walls.

I just received my copy of American Handgunner which contains a Massad Ayoob article examining the lessons learned from that battle.
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Battle of Adobe Walls

Post by Bill in Oregon »

I've been there. Billy Dixon ended up making the grounds his ranch. My GGfather had the ranch just upstream on the Canadian. It's kind of down in a valley and easy to imagine the NA's pouring down. Quite sobering to look at that ridge where Billy made his "scratch shot." He is buried there.
There are some very interesting archaeological/metal detector surveys. Cannot recommend highly enough Olive Dixon's "Life of Billy Dixon."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_Ba ... dobe_Walls
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Battle of Adobe Walls

Post by Scott Tschirhart »

We visited last year on the way home from the Shootists Holiday.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.