Ardessa Alexander Henry rifle

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
barbarossa
Senior Levergunner

Ardessa Alexander Henry rifle

Post by barbarossa »

I ve come across this rifle an Ardessa Alexander Henry rifle copy and was wondering if anyone here knows anything about them
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Old No7
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Ardessa Alexander Henry rifle

Post by Old No7 »

All I know is she's mighty fine looking!

But I'd like to know more...

(It's such a tease; like seeing a pix of a pretty girl and wondering: What's her name? Is she single? Where's she live? Does she fish, hunt or shoot? etc...)

Old No7

edit to add: I like the tang sight too...
"Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH
Old No7
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Old No7 »

I just went looking and found this info from a 2012 auction...

Ardesa Alexander Henry Percussion Long Range Rifle
451 Cal; s/s; 33" oct barrel; exc bore; globe front sight with windage & spirit lever, folding rear tang peep sight; blk metal finish; case hardened lock, hammer & butt plate; exc chequered stock with capped semi-pistol grip

Does it have the fast 1-21" twist as on the 1856 Parker Hale Volunteer?

I'm wondering if it was made to compete against the Volunteer, which looks more like a 2-band Enfield. The one you have looks more "Hawken like" to me -- and I like it!

Old No7
"Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH
barbarossa
Senior Levergunner

Post by barbarossa »

I ve haven t bought it yet but I assume it has a fast twist and is something like the Pedersoli Gibbs rifle for match shooting
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

I actually corresponded with the late Val Forgett of Navy Arms about these Spanish-made rifles. I have heard neither good nor bad about them and would go to the Creedmoor 150th Facebook page and ask about them there. Those guys are getting ready for the rematch of the great 1874 match between the Americans and the Irish, and there will be many original Rigby, Metford, Gibbs and other legendary makes being used in that match. The match itself will be held in October at Oak Ridge, TN, and Rick Weber is the honcho.
barbarossa
Senior Levergunner

Post by barbarossa »

I will do that.The biggest thing that concerns me is the quality of the lock
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I don't know about that rifle but I once had a Ardessa muzzle loader that was well made and reliable.
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.