My Paper Cartridges Youtube addiction

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

My Paper Cartridges Youtube addiction

Post by Bill in Oregon »

This has happened to me recently after I ran across three books by Captain Brett Gibbons, USA. I first read "The Destroying Angel," his account of the revolutionary effect of the rifled musket properly and devastatingly used in the case of the British against the hapless Russians in the Crimean War.
Next, I read his "Like Fire and Powder," a discussion of the chemistry and characteristics of black powder, and how to make excellent powder safely, on your own.
On deck is his study of the Pritchett bullet "The English Cartridge," widely used by the Confederacy during the Civil War.

Brett has a fascinating Youtube channel, Paper Cartridges, and here is his presentation on the Pritchett bullet. Try it. You'll like it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0o8ag9EhY0w&t=1s
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Re: My Paper Cartridges Youtube addiction

Post by gamekeeper »

I am watching him right now on " the first rifled muskets" I have been subscribed for some time.
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

John, between Brett and his Paper Cartridges Youtube channel and Rob and his Britishmuzzleloaders channel, one could probably burn a year of one's life, transfixed. :lol:
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

That's very true Bill, I need to get out and make smoke ...... :oops: :lol:
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.