For the Horse People ... you know who you are ...

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
JimT
Shootist

For the Horse People ... you know who you are ...

Post by JimT »

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Re: For the Horse People ... you know who you are ...

Post by gamekeeper »

One of my favourites, sadly it's been a long time since I sat in the saddle, last year my son got thrown riding a strawberry roan bare back... :lol:
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

It has been a long time since I have done any riding myself. I miss it. But what I miss the most is living where we had almost unlimited area for riding, fairly wild country, open range with amazing scenery, lots of game, and mountains and canyons to explore. It was about as close to the 1800's that you can get today. I loved packing off into the hills and just looking for whatever I could find with a horse that enjoyed it as much as I did. These days if I wanted to go anyplace horseback I would have to ride the roads ... or trailer to the far West.
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

I don't know if I have seen a roman-nosed bronc in the flesh. Sure were a lot of them in the Army back in Pancho days.
There's a park in El Paso not far from my back surgeon's favorite hospital named for Marty Robbins.
COSteve
Advanced Levergunner

Post by COSteve »

One of the best things about living in our valley is that we have an equestrian center about 2 blocks and a 4 minute walk down the street from our home with over 35 miles of trails to ride just in our valley. While I don't own a horse myself now, I have friends that do who are too busy to ride as much as they use to and they're happy to let their friends ride to give the horses more exercise. Best of both worlds.
Steve
Retired and Living the Good Life
No Matter Where You Go, There You Are
wvfarrier
Senior Levergunner

Post by wvfarrier »

This is our newest addition. I took a chance and bought him from an auction website.......and got hosed 🙄. The ad was almost completely lies but I had already paid for him and drove 4 hours to get him so I brought him home
I hope he works out. He is mighty pretty and seems good natured.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
A bondservant of our Lord, Christ Jesus
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

I really, really, really missing riding. I'm still hoping I can do so in the future, but with my back the way it is, its not in the cards right now. :(
wvfarrier
Senior Levergunner

Post by wvfarrier »

Try a gaited horse.....or do like my buddy and learn to drive a sulky
A bondservant of our Lord, Christ Jesus
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

wvfarrier wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 7:23 pm Try a gaited horse.....or do like my buddy and learn to drive a sulky
please explain gaited horse,.. new to me. i know there are various gates, including for dogs, but don't know how it applies. Thanks
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Jay, I sold my mountain bike for the same reason. With four fusions, if I tipped over I would probably shatter like Humpty Dumpty. :cry: